I just can't bring myself to care about Gared at all...

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

His whole storyline is so pointless. I mean he is on the wrong side of the wall looking for this place that may or may not exist. And we have no idea what use it might end up being. With only one episode left and the war stating in earnest whatever he finds won't be of much use anyway. It's like each bit of his story is just taking time away from what is really going on. Is his whole storyline just going to be sequel bait?

Comments

• I kinda know what you mean. Especially with Finn being killed by the Wight. Now it's just Gared, Slyvi, and Potato fucker...

North Grove better be sweet!

• I like Gared but it feels like his story has hit a dead end. I just don't see how anything he finds in the North Grove is going to help the family back at Ironrath. It's going to feel like a real cheat if they save the ramifications of Gared's story for Season 2.

• I don't know. I never cared for any of the protagonist except Asher. Rodrik was OK to a degree.

• Right? I can't really care for him as well. His history and the North Grove better be something awesome.

• I love Gared... his story was moving a bit slow at first but I feel like it's finally going somewhere.

• Hes okay, I wish they'd stop referencing him at ironrath, hes some squire, everyone but duncan should barely acknowledge him really.

• edited July 2015

I don't think he's really just some squire, the people there seem attached to him. I'd wager growing up he was childhood friends with the Forrester kids.

Rodrik and Royland are pissed that he was sent to the wall, Talia, Elissa and Ethan are saddened, Ryon is worried about him and talks of how Gared often let him ride on his pigs.

Talia even gives Gared her amulet - something only members of the family should possess.

Hes okay, I wish they'd stop referencing him at ironrath, hes some squire, everyone but duncan should barely acknowledge him really.

• I agree, I think Gared was closest with the Forrester children (Ethan, Talia and Ryon) and Gared talks about Elissa "she's always been kind to me, treated me like I was a Forrester myself"

FishySticks posted: »

I don't think he's really just some squire, the people there seem attached to him. I'd wager growing up he was childhood friends with the Fo

• Gared's my favorite protagonist if he dies i'm not gonna play any GoT again pretty much lol.

• At this point Gared is my favorite Point of View character, I mean his role in the main save Forrester plot in kind of void but he is out exploring the lands beyond the Wall with a little badass wildling girl and a potato fucker, that is pretty awesome plus Mance hasn't marched on the wall yet, what if Gared gets to attack the wall with the wildling host. And there is the mystery of the north grove which is interesting. Every time the camera cuts to the north i'm ready to go and something fun is always going to happen.

• And you forget that he spent 2 years by Gregor's and Rodrik's side... Rodrik mentions him a few times aswell...

AgentZ46 posted: »

I agree, I think Gared was closest with the Forrester children (Ethan, Talia and Ryon) and Gared talks about Elissa "she's always been kind to me, treated me like I was a Forrester myself"

• My favourite aswell, but I think i'll keep playing IF he dies...

Gared's my favorite protagonist if he dies i'm not gonna play any GoT again pretty much lol.

• I woukd love love LOVE to see Gared back in Westeros, I just dont see it legitimately happening as he is a deserter.

Would love to see how events would bave taken place if Gared was present for them.

• Gared is definitely probably one of the very disappointing things in the game. Since Episode 4, it just feels like his story is just going nowhere.

• probably because the writers havent even decided whats in the north grove. after all the fuss and being adamant "to tell no one but your uncle" they genuinely hadnt even decided what it was yet.

tintin1029 posted: »

Gared is definitely probably one of the very disappointing things in the game. Since Episode 4, it just feels like his story is just going nowhere.

• I want to think that combined with them putting almost too much attention to ironrath and them getting feedback about "more Asher," caused the writers to forget about Gared. Then they go "Oh Shit, Gared's story is super behind." Unless the 6th episode is super long, because there's honestly almost too much loose ends to tie for one episode, I can totally see Gared's story either ending super disappointing like, or end in a cliffhanger which can also be disappointing.

Anfarwol posted: »

probably because the writers havent even decided whats in the north grove. after all the fuss and being adamant "to tell no one but your uncle" they genuinely hadnt even decided what it was yet.

• edited July 2015

I like Gared's story arc. I do however feel that connecting it to the rest of the story progression in a believable manner is going to be hard.

• AnfarwolAnfarwol Banned
    edited July 2015

They'll just do some dues ex machima to get the ball rolling quickly. I mean by the end if episode 3 we were all wondering how the forrestors were gonna get out of this forced occupation jam. Then at the beginning of episode 4, out of nowhere BAM we suddenly have an army of archers and literally take control back at the knock of a cane. Heck, we loast them even faster.

tintin1029 posted: »

I want to think that combined with them putting almost too much attention to ironrath and them getting feedback about "more Asher," caused t

• I haven't played 4 or 5 yet, won't work on my PS3, but i got an Xbox One and plan on buying GoT sometime probably when the retail versions come out.

My favourite aswell, but I think i'll keep playing IF he dies...

• Finn never came with me. I'm one of the 9.9%. Fucking Finn. How did you even get him to go with you in the first place?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.