No season 2 for the Forresters. Also, predictions.

Hey guys, I don't think there will be a season 2 for the following reasons: If they were going to make a season 2, the most logical choice would be to cut off at episode 5 (death of one of the Forrester brothers) - since all of the other games have 5 episodes, the only plausible reason to stretch this one out to 6 episodes would be to be able to wrap up the story. Cutting off a season at episode 5 would have provided a perfect cliff hanger situation, but since there is also a finale, I think the story for the Forresters will wrap up then, and if they make GoT season 2, it will focus on a different family. It will be VERY hard to carry on this game focused on these characters for long, given the choice at the end of episode 5. Despite what people say, it will not be out of reach to give a satisfying conclusion with one final episode. The storyline that needs the most screen time is Gared's, but since the episode is called "Ice Dragon", I'm pretty sure he will have a much bigger role this time - they can have him find the North Grove, and the Ice river clans that took refuge there, enlist their help to help the Forresters out in return for their help processing the Ironwood in the North (or something like that) and return to the south of the Wall via some secret passages. The timing would be plausible since we do not see exactly how much time passes between each of the stories in the game. Mira could be in danger from Margery (who is increasingly angrier with her), but maybe she will be saved by Tom (Varys's little bird) and come home, or maybe die, I don't know. I don't think we will spend much time in Ironrath with the bulk of the cast, given that too many alterations would be required due to character differences with Asher and Rodrick for the plot to make sense. So if they just focus on 1) Gared, 2) Mira and 3) everyone else, I think the Forrester's story is done.

Comments

• I have to say that what happened to Malcolm shouts "I'll be a playable character in season 2!" :D Also Talia. And if you ask me leaving us at cliff hanger like this would have been a dick move so whether or not there is s2, I'm glad we didn't have to end season 1 to episode 5.

• Please no. I don't want to play as a kid again. Just.. Just no

I have to say that what happened to Malcolm shouts "I'll be a playable character in season 2!" Also Talia. And if you ask me leaving us at

• Didn't like Ethan?

PCGaming posted: »

Please no. I don't want to play as a kid again. Just.. Just no

• edited July 2015

Ethan was diferrent. I just feel that playing with Talia will be awful alike like Arya in Tv Show /Book , or worse.. Like Clementine on TWD.

Didn't like Ethan?

• Yeah, could be, I mean they'd probably have to overpower her to give her any meaningful choices. But I'm still pretty sure she'll be a playable if we get season 2.

Ethan was diferrent. I just feel that playing with Talia will be awful alike like Arya in Tv Show /Book , or worse.. Like Clementine on TWD.

• I will be proper disappointed if there's more Forrester's in series 2. The only one I wouldn't mind returning is Gared. But I hope they start a new story with a new house.

• How are Ethan and Talia different? They're the same age. Twins. Is it really only because she's a girl?

• It doesn't make sense to not continue the Forresters story. As for the six episodes they simply needed an extra episode to tell the whole story.

• Well, it's sad, but ladies - especially young girls like Talia - are rarely given any power to rule in Westeros. Exceptions are of course, like Dorne. So Talia's role probably wouldn't be similar to Ethan's.

Mariana238 posted: »

How are Ethan and Talia different? They're the same age. Twins. Is it really only because she's a girl?

• Yeah, but she could still have an interesting story. Like Arya. But this guy doesn't like Arya so I guess not for him. She could be like a spy, could become one of Varys birds. Idk. I think it could be fun. We play as a mix of different characters, it'd be boring if they're all strong fighting leaders.

Well, it's sad, but ladies - especially young girls like Talia - are rarely given any power to rule in Westeros. Exceptions are of course, like Dorne. So Talia's role probably wouldn't be similar to Ethan's.

• Yes, I agree, there is potential for her to have an interesting story - that's why I think she will be PC. However, your question was how she and Ethan are different so I answered that :D

Yeah, but she could still have an interesting story. Like Arya. But this guy doesn't like Arya so I guess not for him. She could be like a s

• Yeah haha. I suppose my comment was more aimed at the other guy who thinks playing young girls is rubbish.

Yes, I agree, there is potential for her to have an interesting story - that's why I think she will be PC. However, your question was how she and Ethan are different so I answered that

• First of all I didnt mean to say that I don't like Arya, I just don't want to be their story alike. And I'm almost sure they will be, if we're gonna play as a Talia.
    Second all, maybe it's diferrent because Ethan is dead, and we didn't get to play with him very long. And another part, is already said by WildlingKing, what could a little girl do in a world like westeros, without any knowledge how to fight, etc?

Yeah haha. I suppose my comment was more aimed at the other guy who thinks playing young girls is rubbish.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.