The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited July 2015

This is awesome :)

And some friends won't support you through these times, But some will stay Loyal to the very end.

Keep those Loyal friends close to you,

Definitely I removed a few toxic people this year from my life and made and kept trustworthy friends it's always important to be friends with who you can trust, who always see the best in you, always there to talk to when you need it, Never turn on you, you should always feel better after talking to them not worse, always honest to your face never talk bs behind your back who will always be your friend through the hard and good times and right now I found those they will always be people who will look to hinder and crush your dreams and ambitions and keep you down it's important to chose your friends wisely :)

When you found the right friends in your life it will make things easier to achieve and makes everyday brighter it's important to be able to spot toxic people and keep those who think your just as awesome as you think they are :)

Alt text

If you're going through tough times, Here's a bit of Inspiration to lift you up! Listen, There will come a time where you're gonna feel l

• edited July 2015

You probably aren't the only person in the world who feels like that. For me, I loved Inside Out and I liked Lava after initially finding it creepy.

I sincerely think Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3, Cars, The Incredibles, Brave, and Finding Nemo are all far better films

Excluding Brave, I personally consider these some of the best Pixar has ever put out. Heck yeah they're all better than Inside Out. They're classics.

Can I ask why you hated Inside Out? It very much used Riley the same way Toy Story used Andy and Monster's Inc used Boo and Up used Russell, imo.

I honestly Feel like I'm the only person in the World who Hated Inside Out and loved Lava. And I am not okay with that. I sincerely think To

• I just didn't like it. Everything felt like a Plot device, the characters are dumb, it isn't sad to me, and It was really boring. I can't explain why I like or dislike things, it's simply a feeling that I have.

torkahn808 posted: »

You probably aren't the only person in the world who feels like that. For me, I loved Inside Out and I liked Lava after initially finding it

• I remember seeing a movie when I was young on TV. I think it was an action movie.

The scenes I can remember were two bad guys death scenes, one by a scalding whirlpool and the other one falling then split in half from the chest down, no blood.

Its driving me crazy. Does anyone know the movie I'm talking about?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I have the ability to watch the most disgusting moves ever made and keep a straight face.

moves

What kind of "moves"?

• I also think it's a dumb movie.

I honestly Feel like I'm the only person in the World who Hated Inside Out and loved Lava. And I am not okay with that. I sincerely think To

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I thought it was great, not as good as some of their previous works, but definitely really good.

• The glass is twice as tall as it needs to be.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

• Welcome to the club of the Only people on earth who dislike Inside Out.

AWESOMEO posted: »

I also think it's a dumb movie.

• So you say your foul language is inappropriate and should be excused, yet you keep using it?

Okay.

• You're an practical relativist!

If you're filling it up, it's half full. If you're drinking it or pouring it out, it's half empty.

• You're in a balance, in a perfect compulsion.

Both.

• You seem satisfied, but it is so?

Markd4547 posted: »

The glass is full of exactly how much u need

• Hmm, uncertain, unlikely what you get isn't what you expected.

• Not sure... I'll go with 'heedless stoic'.

BigBlindMax posted: »

The glass is twice as tall as it needs to be.

• I'm never satisfied I always look for better but in terms of water this life has all the tools to achieve your dreams and goals but it's up to you to go for it :)

You seem satisfied, but it is so?

• I'm not gonna make it through 8 weeks without carbs or sugar. :( SOS.

• I'm sick of institutionalised racism.

This is the story of an American-Palestinian man trying to visit his homeland.

Alt text

"After 20 years of not visiting or seeing Jerusalem and my homeland Palestine, I decided to go back, this time as an American citizen with an American passport which I gained in 1975. The trip was intended to be a religious pilgrimage with Father Bernard Poggie to visit my homeland and see friends and places I haven't seen for so long. Once we arrived to Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv, they allowed Bernard to enter. For me, I was sent to the "green room" for questioning. The conversation that ensued is this:

The Shin Beth agent stated it very bluntly, "You are Palestinian. Your American passport is worthless. Do not try to deny the fact that you are a Palestinian." I answered very bluntly as well, "I never denied my Palestinian identity. I am Palestinian from head to toe, my father is Palestinian, my mother is Palestinian, my brothers and sister is Palestinian. I hail from Rafidia-Nablus, my grandfather was an Orthodox priest and I can trace my Palestinian roots for the last 500 years."

I made perfectly clear to them that I didn't come as a Palestinian to visit the Holy Land but as an American citizen and you should honor this American passport like all other countries in the world. The security officer (who I believe to be a Shin Bet official) retorted with the utmost sarcasm and cynicism, "How do you want me to honor your American passport? Do you want me to kiss it, to hug it, or to worship it?" "Moreover," he added, "You are rude and ill-mannered. How did you get to be so rude?" I answered, "I am neither rude nor ill-mannered I am just pointing to the facts. I always traveled on the strength of my American passport, I never held a Palestinian passport and never lived in Palestine under the Palestinian Authority." His answer was, "You will be deported to Jordan and come the Allenby Bridge to continue your visit to the Holy Land." (The Allenby bridge is the connection between Jordan in Israel. Palestinians can only enter the West Bank through this bridge because they are not allowed in through Israel proper.)
    I agreed to my deportation to Jordan and he made me sign a deportation paper. A few minutes later the story changed and now he wants me deported to the Fiumicino Airport in Italy because that's where I stopped before landing in Tel Aviv. I was stunned but agreed to it.

The airport guards came and took me with a few other people amongst whom was a Palestinian lady with her daughter. They were both American citizens but Palestinian-born. The Israeli's told the two of them that they would be deported back to the US but they would deported separately. They both broke down in tears and pleaded with them to at least allow them to be deported together but to no avail. They drove us about half an hour away from the airport and held us like criminals in a detention facility from Monday to Thursday morning. They locked us up, forbade me personally from keeping my IPhone, refused me to take a book with me to that filthy room and threw me there with a bunch of poor, hungry, and disoriented men from different national and ethnic backgrounds. That was July 20th and we were at the airport from 5pm to almost 1am Tuesday morning.

At that detention center we were given sandwiches whenever they remembered we were human beings who might get hungry after such an ordeal, and there were two young men, one Korean and the other Russian who were truly hungry. They could not speak one word of English. They knocked at the window asking the guards who were chatting and smoking in the backyard of the building to allow them some food. At the detention facility they were roughed up, verbally abused, and totally disrespected by young Zionist thugs who despite their young age must have already lost any trace of their humanity. We didn't sleep a wink because they kept the bright neon lights on the entire time. I dared to ask one of them about his name because he spoke Arabic who was trying to ingratiate himself with us. I told him you know the names of all of us "What's your name" dared I ask. He said, "George. My name is George." The other guards remained totally anonymous, insulted us by using disrespectful and abusive language, and forbade us from speaking to one another from each others prison cells.

To make a long story short, I found out Thursday morning that from the start they intended to deport me neither to Jordan, nor to Italy, but back to San Francisco. Moreover, they stole my luggage with all the clothes in it and I was forced to remain in the same clothes from Sunday to Thursday. I say they stole my luggage because Father Poggi, who parted with me at the airport with the intention of meeting me in Jordan (as Israeli security officer had told us) saw my bag as he was leaving the airport, assuming I would pick it up on my way out. Little did we know how naive we were to believe that we are dealing with professional liars and thieves. I was lucky enough to have my handbag with me the entire time. My carry on luggage contained my insulin. I am a diabetic and not having my insulin with me at all times would be fatal.

Thursday morning at the detention center I was picked up around 9:30 a.m. and taken straight to the run way to the airplane (not through the terminal) using movable stairs. The guard had my passport and three tickets to San Francisco, changing my itinerary from KLM to Alitalia-Delta to New York, with the strict instruction to the pilot and the crew not to give me back my passport until I boarded the plane from Italy to the USA.

This is, in gist, what happened to an American citizen who dared to travel to Israel with his American citizenship for a visit and whose only crime was the fact that I am Palestinian. Its stunning that I as an American citizen for the last 40 years and as a native son of Jerusalem, I was denied on both counts entry into my homeland for a visit, while Jews from around the world (including Peruvian Indians from the Andes), who have never stepped foot on that land, are welcomed with open arms and offered citizenship to Israel.

I'm back in San Francisco now. They took something that was suppose to be a vacation from my long work hours, a reconnection with my homeland and old friends, and made it a nightmare from hell. I was disrespected, demeaned and treated like I committed a crime. To add insult to injury, I called my travel agent to have him help me recover some money from the lost return ticket only to discover that the funds for my return ticket was already used to fund my deportation by the Israelis. I tell you my story so as to encourage people to visit more often Palestine and to challenge the thuggery of this racist, Zionist entity and do it here in the USA as well as in Israel. Without the US's blind and unconditional financial and political support of the state of Israel, the occupation and all its tragedies against the Palestinians would not continue."

• I am happy with this.

You're an practical relativist!

• This is messed up and made me upset just from reading it.

Flog61 posted: »

I'm sick of institutionalised racism. This is the story of an American-Palestinian man trying to visit his homeland. "After 20 yea

• The East Coast is such a transition from the Midwest. It's like I'm on a different planet

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2015

Err, why did I post?

• "I watched "A Serbian Film" and acted like it's nothing."

well, thanks for making me google this. do you know "the 120 days of sodom"?

• movie? you mean the series "better call saul", right?

• nope. heard of it, but I'm not really into movies, I usually only watch the hype-stuff in cinemas, like the hobbit or dracula untold. can't wait for star wars 7 though :3 the only genre I really love is horror, but I'm either not so easy to scare anymore, or there aren't any good horror movies out there

• 28 Days Later is a zombie thing and it's pretty good.

Dracu98 posted: »

nope. heard of it, but I'm not really into movies, I usually only watch the hype-stuff in cinemas, like the hobbit or dracula untold. can't

• Please calm down :)

god bless

• I also think it's a dumb movie.

I'm offended....

AWESOMEO posted: »

I also think it's a dumb movie.

• Woah, from the look of things you're pretty awesome yourself!

This people are awesome: @#TeamSarah, @-Anna-, @-Bigby-, @-Chaos-, @-Kenny, @-Rhys-, @-XYAB-, @0oishi, @12494, @16_BIT_MARIO1, @24601, @2

• Oh, you're not the only one.

I've seen plenty of folks say how much they hate a great movie like Inside Out and are complete pricks about it.

• edited July 2015

Good God, this is beyond pathetic in how humanity can get this low. I wish this American-Palestine for the best.

I'm sick of institutionalised racism. This is the story of an American-Palestinian man trying to visit his homeland. "After 20 yea

• I liked Lava, I thought it was sweet though I did initially find it a bit odd. I watched Inside Out only a few days ago and loved it. It probably has some of the most complex concepts and ideas of any Pixar movie, which is a good and bad thing. Bad in that I don't think young children will really understand much of it, but good in that it can make an older viewer really think and challenge how they feel and process things. I had tears in my eyes about a dozen times throughout the movie and was sniffling as the credits rolled lol

I've seen all the films you mentioned except Brave (which is shameful since I'm a huge Disney princess fan). Here's how I would rank it among the handful of Pixar movies you named (excluding Brave):

1. Toy Story 3
    2. Inside Out/The Incredibles (tied)
    3. Finding Nemo
    4. Toy Story 2
    5. Cars (I never was into this movie. I didn't like the idea, the visuals, any of it. I remember watching it near when it first came out and finding it dull).

Of course, that's just compared to the ones you named. Other Pixar films I find either equal or better than Inside Out are Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Ratatouille, WALL-E, and Up.

• Fuck up shut the.

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Please calm down god bless

• Without carbs OR sugar? May I ask what for?

I'm not gonna make it through 8 weeks without carbs or sugar. SOS.

• The up shut fuck.

papai46 posted: »

Fuck up shut the.

• I live on the East Coast :P

The East Coast is such a transition from the Midwest. It's like I'm on a different planet

• I am sorry that my opinion has triggered you.

J-Master posted: »

I also think it's a dumb movie. I'm offended....

• I have no problem with the story, it seems very unfortunate, what I do find outragous is this last part:

I tell you my story so as to encourage people to visit more often Palestine and to challenge the thuggery of this racist, Zionist entity and do it here in the USA as well as in Israel. Without the US's blind and unconditional financial and political support of the state of Israel, the occupation and all its tragedies against the Palestinians would not continue."

First of all, it's Israel, not Palestine. If someone doesn't like that, they'll have to deal with it. And don't talk to me about "occupying", everyone is occupying Roman land, Egyptian land, Primitive land. Live in the present.

If the tragedies against the Palestinians he's talking about are anything related to Protective Edge, then he should probably get to know the situation more. If he's talking about the shit he took in the airport, then I'm sorry. No country is perfect, we're not perfect. Both sides have done bad things, but that does not mean that they are both inherently bad. Let's not use such small occurrences to have people forget who is in the right of this conflict.

• All but natural carbs and sugar. I've been trying to lose and keep about ten to twenty pounds off for awhile, and it's not easy. My dad has hypothyroidism, as do a lot of people in my family, so they thought I might too, and that might be my issue. They say it's not, but I have been misdiagnosed (and then correctly diagnosed later) with things in the past, so I'm skeptical. My mom, who is skinny and has a small frame (I have broad shoulders and a wide pelvis... She doesn't) just tells me to eat only natural carbs and sugar. I've heard that 8 weeks is one of the amount of times people do without it, so that's my goal. I live in America... Other than fruit, all we eat is packaged food.

Without carbs OR sugar? May I ask what for?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.