The North Grove May Have Been Lost

I may have goofed. Bad.

So, I was playing through Episode 5, all was well. Duncan betrayed me, I saw it coming, and I killed him because I could never break a promise to Talia. Cut and dry he was probably lying about his information anyway.

Alt text

Then the last tragic heartbreaking scene came around, and after a long long consideration, I decided Rodrik couldn't let himself lose another brother, so he sacrificed himself. It was sad, but it had to be done for the good of the house, now Asher can lead the pit fighters and shove his sword up Ludd's "White Hill" if ya know what I mean.

Alt text

I felt terrible, and this is probably my favorite telltale episode ever, or at the very least in the top three. It's been a few days and I've been thinking about the ramifications of my actions, foremost among them being I lost House Forrester's family Greatsword. It's simply a sentimental item, and not even valyrian steel, so ok, that's an acceptable loss. But then I thought more. And then a bit more. And then I thoguht to the mascot of everyone's favorite Chile's side dish, Tuttle-Tots

Alt text

That's right. Gared. Gared has been sent North to find the North Grove for House Forrester. And wait, the North Grove is very very secretive, not even the nuclear family have even heard of it. Currently, there are three people in our story who know about it in the context of saving House Forrester. Gared, Duncan, and Rodrik.........oops. Nobody aside from Gared (a shitzillion miles away) have ever even heard the words "North Grove". They're all dead. Gared is the only person still alive who knows about it, and he's not even a Forrester. Unless whatever is in the North Grove is portable, and has a way to bring help to Ironrath, the knowledge of its location are lost forever. No one knows about it. Asher, Royland, Talia, no one in my game would even think to hope for help from the North.

So yeah, I goofed. "The North Grove Must Never Be Lost" Gregor said. Sorry.

Comments

• Who knows if its even real anyway. Most of Gareds plotline was boring and pointless to me at least.

• I didn't see that one coming! Har har har... I'll see myself out.

• I really hope that it actually exists & can help Gared, with helping house forrester.
    Because let's just say that he finds it & there is something very powerfull in there, & that it can help him & house forrester.
    Then Gared has found something powerfull, & Asher has pitfighters, then that could really help kill those dicks to Whitehills :b
    So i really hope that it is actually real & he finds something there that can actually help him & the Forresters.
    & of course that they don't lose it :P. (If it is real)

• Yeah, I'm.....not sure. I love Telltale games with a passion, but the common complaints about them being too linear and their tendency to make your decisions inconsoquential are largely valid. I can see Talia walking up and being like "Oh, Asher! Rodrik told me about this secret right before he left to meet you!" and making my mistakes invalidated.

• I sacrificed Rodrik but Duncan was my sentinel so I will at least I have him unless he dies or something next episode.I just really hope the North Grove is actually worthwhile and won't be a pointless venture.

• Guys, the North Grove is where Bran is in the show. Just look at the statements made so far about it, I'll bet that right now.

• edited July 2015

Offended squeal Also, uh, Gared's story isn't even over.

Who knows if its even real anyway. Most of Gareds plotline was boring and pointless to me at least.

• I guess we'll find out.

• You are a very wise person @Darth_Ravor...

• Yeah I noticed that too and started a discussion a while ago. We had some ideas how they will "solve" that:

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/98314/the-secret-of-the-north-grove-can-really-be-lost

• But Bran's not even near a grove. There is one weirwood tree on top of the cave and that is it. We don't know for sure what is in the North Grove, but I'm fairly certain there will at least be trees there, otherwise it is not a grove.

kaza125 posted: »

Guys, the North Grove is where Bran is in the show. Just look at the statements made so far about it, I'll bet that right now.

• "Nobody aside from Gared (a shitzillion miles away) have ever even heard the words "North Grove".

How do you know? It's popular legend. Jon Snow, Cotter, Finn, Sylvi, few wildlings who dissapeared - they've heard it. Was Gregor's passion so secret nobody noticed? Maybe Duncan told Elissa. Maybe whole Ironrath already knows where Gared is.

• Trust me mate, it's where bran is.

Jpork18 posted: »

But Bran's not even near a grove. There is one weirwood tree on top of the cave and that is it. We don't know for sure what is in the North Grove, but I'm fairly certain there will at least be trees there, otherwise it is not a grove.

• The few people who have heard of it, like Jon, only know of it as a myth, a legend, along with grumpkins and snarks, and othe such nonsense. No one else knows it as a true physical location/object that has a chance of being House Forrester's salvation.

Omid's cat posted: »

"Nobody aside from Gared (a shitzillion miles away) have ever even heard the words "North Grove". How do you know? It's popular legend. J

• I highly doubt that for several reasons
    1) The North Grove is something directly related to House Forrester, because they have the information about it
    2) It is something that Gregor and Duncan believed can save House Forrester from their current problems, and Bloodraven and Bran wouldn't be much help in this situation
    3) Like I said before, Bloodraven's cave is not in a grove, as we have clearly seen, and the North Grove would not be called Grove if it did not have trees, at least
    4) No one in Westeros knows that Bloodraven and Bran are alive, or that the Children of the Forest still exist, meaning it is incredibly unlikely that the North Grove would be something related to them
    So If you want to think it is the cave, go ahead, but there is practically a zero percent chance that it is, and if the North Grove is just Bloodraven's cave, then the Forresters are screwed, because that will not be of any help

Trust me mate, it's where bran is.

• Bran's not even there yet in the timeline, dude.

Trust me mate, it's where bran is.

• lmao

I didn't see that one coming! Har har har... I'll see myself out.

• I only started to like Gared's plot in episode 4, where he finally leaves the Night's Watch. I REALLY wanna know what is this North Grove, it couldn't be for nothing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.