How much books did the show cover so far?

I am a Game of thrones show fan and the game but i want to start reading the books. How much books did the TV show cover so far?

Comments

• I think like three? The wiki usually tells you.

• actually they have covered 5

MrBoolean posted: »

I think like three? The wiki usually tells you.

• That's why I said "I think". Thanks for answering his question though.

actually they have covered 5

• All of them, that are currently out have been covered.

• edited July 2015

It's "covered" all the books. As in it's up to the point in which A Dance With Dragons ends, But the TV show has left a lot of stuff out, or replaced it with content that is not in the books.

The Ironborn plot being one of the most obvious examples. It's been basically abandoned in the TV show.

• All of them except for the Greyjoy and Bran parts. And of course the one that were cut out

• Thats okay :)

MrBoolean posted: »

That's why I said "I think". Thanks for answering his question though.

• Some kind of version of the Ironborn plot will obviously be in season 6 since they have cast Euron - of course it will be more about what the Ironborn do in TWoW than what they did in AFfC (and no Vic). D&D do this a lot - they introduce (or re-introduce) storylines only when they are important to the big story. Mind you I don't mean by this that Ironborn story of the Feast would have been bad, it's just something that can be mostly skipped in the show.

Dorne storyline was an exception on this. The only purpose it pretty much served was to introduce the Dornish characters to us - and to give something to do for Jaime. And yes, I would have rather took the Kingsmoot etc. than the Dorne we got.

It's "covered" all the books. As in it's up to the point in which A Dance With Dragons ends, But the TV show has left a lot of stuff out, or

Sign in to comment in this discussion.