Game of Throne Choices

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Am i the only one thinking that our actions doesn't matter at all ?
I tried almost every sentences/choices even silence and except minor/insignificant details the story is always the same .
I'm actualy doing a new save without saying a word an making the forced choices with a coin . Just to see where it's going ...

But what i can say is that Game of Throne disapointed me . Many visual glitches ( didn't you guys have testers or something u_u ) , some incoherences with the character's answers ( like Gared still mad "So you're asking now ?" at Cotter even if i said it was ok in the previous chapter ... )

5 of 6 episodes , i hope the last one will worth it ...

Comments

• edited July 2015

Am i the only one thinking that our actions doesn't matter at all ?

You must be new here...

• He is.

Welcome to the forums @Sivmatt :P

DillonDex posted: »

Am i the only one thinking that our actions doesn't matter at all ? You must be new here...

• I agree with you 100% and voice the same criticism as you do...i don't expect major changes in the story when it comes to decisions and our choice cause i know how hard that is too keep up and long it takes do something like that, but in Game of thrones it seems like none of our decisions matter and all you're really doing is watching a movie with very little dialogue changes if that. I've played other TT games like TWD TWAU and TFTBL and enjoyed those because in those our choices mattered or at least felt like they did. BTW your probably gonna get a lot of poop cause people have already made a lot of these kind of forums and a lot of people (for reasons idk) get all but hurt when you point out the lack of influence your choices have and rush to defend TT like if you criticized their mothers

• Ah, there it is, our weekly "choices don't matter" thread.

• I was thinking it was weird we hadn't seen a new one already. Glad things are returning to their normal course...

Ah, there it is, our weekly "choices don't matter" thread.

• I love how those people think we're Telltale fanatics while we probably criticized more than they did at this point. Maybe if they bothered to check the existing threads instead of creating new ones all the time they would get it...

• Happy to secure your little routine here , but please notice that i'm only talking for the GoT game .
    How presomptuous for me to "complain" when it is the credo of telltalegames ...
    Could you just for a second not assume that i'm doing a swift critic but a thoughtful one instead ?
    All critics aren't bad and critics are made for giving our impressions , even maybe some advice ( i don't have this pretention anyway ) .
    I could tell that Telltalegame is lying about their games ( at least this one ) , and blablabla but you also could tell that they do their marketing as they want , and i can't discuss that point ( which isn't the point anyway ) .
    So yes i may be the umpteenth one to say this ( would there be a reason then ? ) and it may bore you or make you laugh , but i don't care if it is .
    This is my impression and it is justified . Not saying this to complain but to inform/help .
    Have a nice day .

_DIO_ posted: »

I was thinking it was weird we hadn't seen a new one already. Glad things are returning to their normal course...

• Your opinion and critic are welcomed and appreciated. You could have just posted it on an existing thread instead of creating a new one for like the godzillion time though...

Have a nice day

Sivmatt posted: »

Happy to secure your little routine here , but please notice that i'm only talking for the GoT game . How presomptuous for me to "complain"

• I get that but its not like its the same people creating the same threads most of the time its new people who are new to the community and just happen to bring up old thread topics without even knowing of the past threads. All i want to see for once instead of a "stop creating these threads you newbie who doesn't know of previous similar threads its annoying" is a "hey i agree with you or disagree with you but we already have a thread on this buddy" something nice and genuine instead of rudeness and ignorance. And i didn't generalize the whole community i said "a lot of people" not "everybody" I said "a lot" because that is all i see whenever someone comments on the lack of influence in choices when it comes to game of thrones

• Wait, there are choices?

Seriously though, ALL of us know that they usually don't have a major impact in the long run. They never have in any Telltale game in the past either, but it's usually not a big deal because the story tends to be enjoyable either way. Admittedly, the choices not having much effect has been more bothersome in this one than in others. Still, we all know.

• yea but the argument can be made that once a thread hits a certain amount of comments people tend to stop looking past the 2 or 3rd page when there is 4 more to go, so anyone who had commented and their comments are in the 5th or 6th pages voices never get heard

Your opinion and critic are welcomed and appreciated. You could have just posted it on an existing thread instead of creating a new one for like the godzillion time though... Have a nice day

• Mmm that's not entirely false... Still I'm not not even blaming the new guys but that spam of "no choices thread" is getting bothersome and should be kept under control at some degree. The fact is that since all of this has been discussed to death already those threads just show up, get a few comments, then drop down like all the other ones

I do believe a single thread activity is possible, just look at the Rhyona thread on the TFTB forum ^^

Pabster23 posted: »

yea but the argument can be made that once a thread hits a certain amount of comments people tend to stop looking past the 2 or 3rd page whe

• No decent human being should ever visit that wretched hive of scum and villainy. I'd much rather stick to my (One True) Rhack thread.

Mmm that's not entirely false... Still I'm not not even blaming the new guys but that spam of "no choices thread" is getting bothersome and

• How dare you commit such infamy ?! You Rhack abomination ! I shall call on the Sparrows to cleanse you of your sins and those dirty thoughts that lurk in your mind...

No decent human being should ever visit that wretched hive of scum and villainy. I'd much rather stick to my (One True) Rhack thread.

• edited July 2015

To be frank, I think these threads are old-hat 'everywhere'. Not just on Telltale's forums or for forums dedicated to their titles. It's a common complaint with 'many' games. I'd have hoped people would have got it by now to not expect choices to matter much, though there is the odd one that surprises people. Sure, wish for more, but just don't . . . expect for things to change a lot based on choices. ;) I mean, speaking as someone who should know, simply working on interactive fiction, even a brief piece, highlights the problem in a big way with making choices matter.

I managed to snag The Stanley Parable in the Humble Bundle as well for $5.08, which has a lot to say about choices and narrative in games. I'd recommend people check that out. It's not like it's costly and you get other games too like Endless Space. The Stanley Parable is rather unique though and not really a game, so it's certainly not for everyone.

I get that but its not like its the same people creating the same threads most of the time its new people who are new to the community and j

• on steam?

Rob_K posted: »

To be frank, I think these threads are old-hat 'everywhere'. Not just on Telltale's forums or for forums dedicated to their titles. It's a c

• edited July 2015

Not sure I understand. Are you asking if the Humble Bundle gives a key for The Stanley Parable on Steam? If so, yes. https://www.humblebundle.com/

Same with all the other games in the bundle.

on steam?

• oh i didn't know humblebundle was a website i never heard of it before. i thought that was the name of some bundle sales pack on steam or something

Rob_K posted: »

Not sure I understand. Are you asking if the Humble Bundle gives a key for The Stanley Parable on Steam? If so, yes. https://www.humblebundle.com/ Same with all the other games in the bundle.

• edited July 2015

Yeah, it's a separate entity. Basically, they sell collections of games (or individual items on their store), with some of the money going to charity, the devs and of course the site itself. What's nice is you can set what percentage you give to charity and such when buying the bundles. You basically select how much you want to pay too, though there are minimums. For instance, $0.99 gets you the basic items. $5.24, on this occasion, gets you everything except Space Engineers, though you can pay more than that if you want.

There are quite a few other sites too. Indie Gala, Bundlestars and Groupees that you might want to check out.

oh i didn't know humblebundle was a website i never heard of it before. i thought that was the name of some bundle sales pack on steam or something

Sign in to comment in this discussion.