So is Glenmore Keep the seat of House Glenmore, or is it Rillwater Crossing?

So in The Sword In The Darkness, on the map, Glenmore Keep is shown here:

Alt text

However, in Sons of Winter, Elaena states, "Lord Whitehill paid my father a visit at Rillwater Crossing...".

Was Glenmore Keep an early name for Rillwater Crossing or vice versa? Are these even the same places? Can we get the Glenmore words why we're at it too? Why am I requesting all of theses things?

Comments

• edited August 2015

Glenmore Keep is most likely a placeholder. It could be that Rillwater Crossing is the area that they rule and the keep is just there.

For example, the Lannister's rule over Lannisport from their keep in Casterly Rock. It could be a similar setup, just the keep is just "the Glenmore Keep"

Probably not though, I'd say it's a placeholder.

• For example, the Lannister's rule over Lannisport from their keep in Casterly Rock. It could be a similar setup, just the keep is just "the Glenmore Keep"

But the Lannisters are a rich, powerful, Great House, compared to the Glenmores, who are none of those things. Plus, Lannisport is ruled by a lesse branch of the Lannisters.

Glenmore Keep is most likely a placeholder. It could be that Rillwater Crossing is the area that they rule and the keep is just there. Fo

• What I mean was that it could just be a town while their keep is located elsewhere. Close enough to be home to the lording family but not close enough to be considered Rillwater Crossing, but elsewhere. You don't have to be rich to lord over a small town/village and have a keep elsewhere.

Was it? I know there are "lesser Lannisters" but I was pretty sure the main Lannisters ruled over it.

Regardless, it was probably just a placeholder.

For example, the Lannister's rule over Lannisport from their keep in Casterly Rock. It could be a similar setup, just the keep is just "the

• What I mean was that it could just be a town while their keep is located elsewhere. Close enough to be home to the lording family but not close enough to be considered Rillwater Crossing, but elsewhere. You don't have to be rich to lord over a small town/village and have a keep elsewhere.

Makes sense.

Was it? I know there are "lesser Lannisters" but I was pretty sure the main Lannisters ruled over it.

Yeah, it's a cadet branch, 'House Lannister of Lannisport'.

What I mean was that it could just be a town while their keep is located elsewhere. Close enough to be home to the lording family but not cl

• Neat. I knew House Lannister of Lannisport was a thing but a I didn't catch them being the ruling family.

What I mean was that it could just be a town while their keep is located elsewhere. Close enough to be home to the lording family but not cl

• Yeah. I'm not sure how distant they are from the main line of Lannisters though. I hope the show takes us there, I really want to see it.

Neat. I knew House Lannister of Lannisport was a thing but a I didn't catch them being the ruling family.

• Right? I really can't wait for a character to visit Casterly Rock and Lannisport in the show and books.

Yeah. I'm not sure how distant they are from the main line of Lannisters though. I hope the show takes us there, I really want to see it.

• I wonder if Casterly Rock will be as enormous as it is in the books, because that would be amazing to see.

Right? I really can't wait for a character to visit Casterly Rock and Lannisport in the show and books.

• I certainly hope so.

I wonder if Casterly Rock will be as enormous as it is in the books, because that would be amazing to see.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2015

enter image description here

-puts question in the box of questions never to be answered-

I would summon @ArthurV but nah.

• We haven't seen a lot of places. White Harbor is on my hope list.

I certainly hope so.

• Definitely. I was also hoping to see Volantis and the Red Priests. Although with Tyrion reaching his destination without seeing it that seems unlikely now, unfortunately.

We haven't seen a lot of places. White Harbor is on my hope list.

• There are also the Arryns of Gulltown, but the Arryns of the Eyrie do not speak about them because they are considered uncouth.

Neat. I knew House Lannister of Lannisport was a thing but a I didn't catch them being the ruling family.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.