Brienne and Podrick Possible Storyline

This is unlikely but definitely a possibility.
Say Brienne doesn't kill Stannis. She hears that Sansa fled so she goes to the next possible place.....
THE WALL
We know that Milisandre only can use her powers through King's Blood so....
What if in order to save and resurrect Jon Snow, she burns him to the stake.
Just a very slight possibility, but hey its Game of Thrones so nothing would surprise me

Comments

• edited August 2015

doublepost

• I think the OP means Stannis.

Burns who?

• Stannis is dead (in the show). Period.

• Stannis is less dead than Jon Snow.

Stannis is dead (in the show). Period.

• edited August 2015

They are both just as much dead, Jon just might come back.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Stannis is less dead than Jon Snow.

• Is anyone else mad that Brienne was just forced into Stannis's storyline after a period of doing absolutely nothing before coming in and killing poor suffering complicated Stannis - why isn't Brienne ever in mortal danger - okay there was that one scene with the bear but we all knew even GRRM wouldn't kill her like that - while almost all the other characters feel like they can be unceremoniously killed off anytime, Brienne feels too protected because of her detachment from the main plot unless where convenient.

Its sad but Stannis is pretty much dead, murdered by the horrible Brienne who seems to think his younger brother Renly was somehow the 'one true king' of Westeros - Stannis would have made a decent King and he was older than Renly therefore Renly had no legitimate claim over Stannis's in the first place.

Sorry, I just really dislike Brienne and hope hat she dies before Season 8 - this is Game of Thrones - all men (and women) must die, I really don't see anything redeemable about Brienne, and if she's going to jump in and out of the main plot then should shouldn't have so much plot armor - she was never in any danger at all in Season 5, so I hope something really horrible happens to her in Season 6 to make up for that.

Podrik is awesome however.

• Then you hate Brienne because:

• She is alive/surviving.
    • She killed Stannis. (I don't think she did it just because she tought that Renly was the rightfull king, she killed him because Stannis killed the man she loved. I think that's reason enough.)
    Harian96 posted: »

Is anyone else mad that Brienne was just forced into Stannis's storyline after a period of doing absolutely nothing before coming in and kil

• Oh thx (guess I'm just dumb xD)

What if in order to save and resurrect Jon Snow, she burns him to the stake.

enter image description here

WalkerHH93 posted: »

I think the OP means Stannis.

• In addition Brienne has not completed any of her duties which Stannis of course reminded her to do (SANSA), jk about the stannis part but in all truth she might as well leave all of her oaths and go back to Tarth or die because she is the worst sworn sword in Game of Thrones history.

Is anyone else mad that Brienne was just forced into Stannis's storyline after a period of doing absolutely nothing before coming in and kil

• If it helps, Brienne was supposed to be with Jaime in the Riverlands right now, not in the North killing Stannis. She almost gets killed a couple of times trying to fulfill her duties, too. She also had some of her cheek bitten off.

I really REALLY hope she doesn't die, at least not in the books, since she is one of my favourite characters.

• Brienne is amazing :( I would've supported Renly as well.

• If I was her, yeah, I think I would have supported Renly too :/

Brienne loved him. She would follow him to the seven hells and back. If he had bought a bunch of horses and called himself Khal she would be right behind him helping him braid his hair (thought she could have to fight Loras for that job).

AgentZ46 posted: »

Brienne is amazing I would've supported Renly as well.

• edited August 2015

Well, since Sansa is dead now thanks to Ramsay, I think Brienne will try to get revenge. But we know now that Ramsay has both plot armor and plot sword, my guess she will get flayed with Podrick. Either this or she will finally get some character development after she killed Stannis and maybe even become relevant or interesting.
    P.S. You blame the wrong people. Stannis died because of Bolton junior and bad writing, or do you think that would Brienne not finish him he would survive for long? He would either die in the forest or get executed for treason if someone else found him.

• Sacrifice has already been made, multiple times through out the season 5, finale itself was sacrifice so Melissandre doesnt need to brun anybody. Depends on how exactly her magic works.

• I'm hoping they include her AFFC plotline, mainly because of Cleganebowl. Helps that one of the casting calls seems suspiciously like Septon Maribald, a key character in her chapters in AFFC. I highly doubt we'll get Lady Stoneheart, though, as much as I hope for it. Just seems like Brienne and Jaime need to get their Riverlands plotlines done, because the Riverlands haven't been seen since Season 3.

• Sansa isn't dead, I remember reading an interview where they confirmed that she and Reek (A.K.A. Theon) are alive (dun ask me how).

Well, since Sansa is dead now thanks to Ramsay, I think Brienne will try to get revenge. But we know now that Ramsay has both plot armor and

• Im mad that we didnt get to see more of Brienne because I love her and Podrick, especially together. As for her killing Stannis, its better than he deserved.

• Thats not fair. None of what happened was her fault, just unfortunate circumstances.

Nightmare1 posted: »

In addition Brienne has not completed any of her duties which Stannis of course reminded her to do (SANSA), jk about the stannis part but in

• Did Sansa steal some of Ramsay's plot armor before she tried to escape? Either this or those two poor sods will need a couple of Hodors to get away from Winterfell after the fall.

• Theon made the same jump with different girl in the books, and they survived without big injuries -> the same will happen in the show. They jumped into snow, that's it.

Did Sansa steal some of Ramsay's plot armor before she tried to escape? Either this or those two poor sods will need a couple of Hodors to get away from Winterfell after the fall.

• She chose to abandon Sansa. She chose to serve a blatantly false king (those that serve Joffrey, Robb, or Balon can at least say they genuinely thought their claims were real.) Renly and Catelyn's deaths weren't her fault, beyond that I'd say she's just bad at her job.

KCohere posted: »

Thats not fair. None of what happened was her fault, just unfortunate circumstances.

• Sansa has plot armour that puts Ramsay's to shame. Most of the Starks do. Robb and Ned being the sole exceptions (+Cat in the show, but fuck Catelyn)

Did Sansa steal some of Ramsay's plot armor before she tried to escape? Either this or those two poor sods will need a couple of Hodors to get away from Winterfell after the fall.

• Right? Having Brienne as your guard/sworn sword = death and broken oaths

Nightmare1 posted: »

In addition Brienne has not completed any of her duties which Stannis of course reminded her to do (SANSA), jk about the stannis part but in

• Why fuck Cat? Because she arrested the Imp without considering the consequences? Seriously,i want to know you are the very first person disliking Catelyn that i met.

Sansa has plot armour that puts Ramsay's to shame. Most of the Starks do. Robb and Ned being the sole exceptions (+Cat in the show, but fuck Catelyn)

• He's dead, but it will never happen even if he was alive...

• We won't get LSH for sure, her purpose was more to develop Brienne than make Catelyn come back, and Brienne is off at fuck knows where killing Stannis. They fucked up Brienne's story imo. Jaime isn't even in the Riverlands in the show, they changed his plot entirely from what it was in the books.

LeFedore posted: »

I'm hoping they include her AFFC plotline, mainly because of Cleganebowl. Helps that one of the casting calls seems suspiciously like Septon

• She didnt abandon Sansa, she will be back, but she had what she felt were two competing duties and no word whatsoever on what was happening with Sansa. She took the best opportunity she had, and I dont see how his claim was more false thsn the others who just declared themselves King.

She chose to abandon Sansa. She chose to serve a blatantly false king (those that serve Joffrey, Robb, or Balon can at least say they genuin

• edited August 2015

No, she pretty blatantly abandoned Sansa. That has never at any point been a matter for debate. Killing Stannis was a personal goal rather than any sort of obligation. Renly's claim was false while Stannis still lived, younger brothers don't get to rule before older ones, even Renly acknowledges that his claim has no legal basis. The only way Renly could have any sort of claim is if he won... he didn't.

Robb's and Balon's were legitimate because they're taking back authority that they had at one point. The Kings in the North and the King of the Iron Isles are legitimate titles with basis in Westerosi history. Even Stannis says as much (he still feels the North and Iron Isles are his as part of the Seven Kingdoms, but he doesn't fault the Ironborn, Northerners, or Joffrey supporters the same way he does those who followed Renly.)

She didnt abandon Sansa, she will be back, but she had what she felt were two competing duties and no word whatsoever on what was happening

• I really, really like Book Brienne. I'm going to hate it if she dies.

I don't care for show Brienne though. I like Gwendoline Christie's portrayal of her, I think her casting was perfect.

• edited August 2015

Arresting Tyrion is a big part, yes. She knows that Tyrion's father is the most powerful man in the realm and he has a reputation for completely annihilating families that directly oppose his. Arresting Tyrion could do nothing but endanger her family. Especially when a big chunk of it is in Tywin's immediate grasp (Ned, Arya, Sansa)

I also dislike her for letting Jaime go because the Jaime/Sansa exchange was not ever going to work even if everything went well, her treatment of Jon was pure child abuse; I get that she wasn't happy about Ned's infidelity, but you don't take that out on the kid, especially if the kid is one that all your other kids (except Sansa) love, she arranged a terribly mismatched marriage for Robb just to cross a bridge (the Arya marriage was more than enough and she should have held her ground there) you don't marry the bannermen of your bannermen. Although in all fairness I fault Robb for that too, he should have just sieged the Twins and executed Walder. She did give good advice regarding Theon and the Ironborn.

To sum up:

Bad: Arresting Tyrion, freeing Jaime, child abuse.

Good: She sometimes gives good-ish advice. Although I don't know why she was the only one that saw that sending Theon was stupid.

Why fuck Cat? Because she arrested the Imp without considering the consequences? Seriously,i want to know you are the very first person disliking Catelyn that i met.

• edited August 2015

Who decided that this isnt a matter of debate. Did you read something from the writers?

No, she pretty blatantly abandoned Sansa. That has never at any point been a matter for debate. Killing Stannis was a personal goal rather t

• edited August 2015

Common sense dictates that it isn't. We saw her abandon Sansa, it was shown for everyone to see. Sansa was in danger and needed help, Brienne was aware she was in danger and she left anyways.

One of two things could have happened: Stannis wins and Brienne kills him despite him being Sansa's best chance, or the Boltons win and her personally going after Stannis is pointless and she abandoned her for literally nothing. It isn't a matter for debate, we saw it.

Who decided that this isnt a matter of debate. Did you read something from the writers?

• Point is Brienne and Jaime have nothing to do for the next 3 seasons. They're bringing in the Iron Islands, and likely the North Remembers plots, so I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the Riverlands to give them something to do.

AWESOMEO posted: »

We won't get LSH for sure, her purpose was more to develop Brienne than make Catelyn come back, and Brienne is off at fuck knows where killi

• True, but it seems to me like they might do something with Dorne now that they assassinated his daughter.

LeFedore posted: »

Point is Brienne and Jaime have nothing to do for the next 3 seasons. They're bringing in the Iron Islands, and likely the North Remembers plots, so I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the Riverlands to give them something to do.

• READ THE BOOKS! some people don't like Brienne's story in the books either, but I like it. she does a LOT of wandering, but she is totally the "hero" type in the books. and her actions actually make SOME kind of sense (although, she still gets nowhere really, but there's some cool stuff that happens with her), and she almost gets killed, at least 4 times I can think of off the top of my head.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.