Is Arya the Clementine of Game of Thrones

1.Both are cunning
2.Both can survive alone
3. They somewhat act the same.( Don't like be treated weak, people think they are boys)
4. Orphan

Comments

• Plot twist: Clementine is an Ancestor of Arya Stark.

• I pointed this out lol. Arya seems like a white Clem

• I can't recall someone in the game thinking that Clem is a boy.

• Yeah, i was just about to say this...

I can't recall someone in the game thinking that Clem is a boy.

• edited August 2015

Arya is a thousand times more bad ass then Clementine.... because shes a psychopath if you didn't notice. :P

enter link description here

enter link description here

• ( Don't like be treated weak, people think they are boys)

Who likes to be treated weak?

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2015

NO.

First of all, Arya would completely destroy, annihilate Clementine, she is way different from her. Arya is wild, fierce, she takes on tens of false identities to survive. She is nothing like Clementine, who is a very fragile girl in the first season and an abnormally (and unrealistically) strong survivor in season 2 who can overpower grown men for some reason.

• You mean descendant.

Plot twist: Clementine is an Ancestor of Arya Stark.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There is a unused audio line for the Wellington ending where Edith thinks Clementine is a boy, i don't have a link to it but i do remember hearing it.

I can't recall someone in the game thinking that Clem is a boy.

• Nope, he doesn't. Also Alvin is the first child of the forest, the walking dead are the ancestors to the white walkers that killed almost everyone and retreated to the far north until the Long Night came and Kenny is secretly the Lord of Light.

AWESOMEO posted: »

You mean descendant.

• edited August 2015

Clementine has a gun, Arya doesn't. End of story.

Abnormally? unrealistically? After two years spent in the open, that is not so unrealistical. And the only adult she "overpowered" is Winston as far as I remember, and that was only with the aid of some walkers.

NO. First of all, Arya would completely destroy, annihilate Clementine, she is way different from her. Arya is wild, fierce, she takes on

• Still, it was cut, so it doesn't count.

• Reggie.

Flog61 posted: »

( Don't like be treated weak, people think they are boys) Who likes to be treated weak?

• No. Clementine is a girl who still has optimism. Arya is a sociopath at this point. If you're interested in Arya's character, I'd recommend checking this out:

edited August 2015

Well, Clementine does have an unfair advantage (a gun), but putting their weapons aside, Arya would kick her ass.

It is abnormal and unrealistic, she is able to pull herself up a fucking high ledge with ease even though her hands are scrawny and she ate squirrels for 2 years, she overpowers Winston by being able to escape his grasp a couple of times. Do you really think it's that hard for a (seemingly) 35-40-year-old guy to pin a relatively weak 11-year-old girl down? Plus, she's overpowered tons of walkers with much ease as most other grown survivors, while in reality she wouldn't even be able to penetrate their heads in one blow. She's a kid, a weak kid. And it's like that only because we play as her, and making her weak as she was supposed to be would've made the game much harder and flow much worse.

Clementine has a gun, Arya doesn't. End of story. Abnormally? unrealistically? After two years spent in the open, that is not so unrealis

• If season 2 Clem with her ax vs season 3 Arya with her needle would be a good fight

Well, Clementine does have an unfair advantage (a gun), but putting their weapons aside, Arya would kick her ass. It is abnormal and unre

• She hasn't been eating squirrels for 2 years, unless you have played a special DLC which is set in those 16 months between the intro of ep 1 and the actual episode and so you can actually confirm that. Walkers are weak, they are corpses which have rotten for years, Clementine is strong enough to evade them, while breaking their skulls is way harder than that, that's why she needs different blows to kill them, as a matter of fact at times even Rick Grimes has had problems with that. As for Winston, before escaping from his grasp Clementine wounded him with a branch, and then she bit his thumb really hard, and yet she wouldn't have got rid of him if it weren't for the Walkers, so it's completely realistical. And, finally, that's really the only instance in which something like that happened, so saying that she is abnormally strong for all the game is an exaggeration.

Well, Clementine does have an unfair advantage (a gun), but putting their weapons aside, Arya would kick her ass. It is abnormal and unre

• Oh and who knows how a fist fight between the two would turn out, since Arya is blind now, but I would bet that as of now Clementine would kick Arya's ass. By the way "annihilate" is a tremendous exaggeration.

• Being a Sociopath means being incapable of empathy, Arya considers Jagarh (whatever his name is) a friend and is sorry for his "death". So no, she is not a sociopath. You'd put her on the same level of Ramsay otherwise.

LeFedore posted: »

No. Clementine is a girl who still has optimism. Arya is a sociopath at this point. If you're interested in Arya's character, I'd recommend checking this out:

• Arya would kill Clem in a fist fight. Idk if you noticed but clem is like what 11? Arya is at the very youngest 14 in the show. She is older and stronger, a little more psycho then Clem if you ask me as well. She'd get the better of Clementine. After seeing what she did to Meryn Trant you can't honestly think that Clem would be able to take on Arya.

Oh and who knows how a fist fight between the two would turn out, since Arya is blind now, but I would bet that as of now Clementine would kick Arya's ass. By the way "annihilate" is a tremendous exaggeration.

• Arya is blind, Clem is not, that settles it. I know she is 11, but she is strong nonetheless. Apart from that, Clem has bashed the heads of countless walkers and has extracted one's entrails to smear herself with them. The fact that they aren't living humans doesn't diminish the effect of her kills.

Wigams posted: »

Arya would kill Clem in a fist fight. Idk if you noticed but clem is like what 11? Arya is at the very youngest 14 in the show. She is ol

• edited August 2015

No and question should be: Is Clementine the Arya of Walking Dead.

• She gets her sight back so whats your point? in season 6 when she's an assassin whats your argument going to be?

Arya with sight vs. Clementine with sight and ARYA would win. I could say well since Clementine was 9 at one point in her story and hadn't bashed any heads in yet she would lose.

Arya is blind, Clem is not, that settles it. I know she is 11, but she is strong nonetheless. Apart from that, Clem has bashed the heads of

• Wow. I thought this Thread is called "is arya the Clementine of Game of Thrones" and Not "Who would Win a fight between arya and Clementine?" Answer: Not yet but Clem is Going to be in a few years.

• Ah really, Arya is going to regain her sight? I didn't know that, because if she really regained her sight and actually became a professional assassin I would agree with you, she would win, but I'm considering things in their actual status. Clementine has actually bashed a guard's head in when she had just turned 9, we have no idea how many walkers she's killed when she was 9, 10 or even 11 but I bet that's a lot of them.

She gets her sight back so whats your point? in season 6 when she's an assassin whats your argument going to be? Arya with sight vs. Cl

• edited August 2015

Well, no. I don't see a lot of similarities, and even if you wanna do the whole "surviving little girl out in the woods" stuff, Arya has gone through a lot worse imo.

• Yes! I've noticed this So many times, And yet I always forget to Mention it on here. She does have Many similarities, But, I do find her a 1000 times more Badass than Clem.

edited August 2015

Arya won't be blind forever, she was merely blinded so she could be trained to control her senses better, and then she was given back her sight. This will probably be the same case in the show.

Oh and who knows how a fist fight between the two would turn out, since Arya is blind now, but I would bet that as of now Clementine would kick Arya's ass. By the way "annihilate" is a tremendous exaggeration.

• Yeah, the discussion above got pretty out of hand, and I agree with you.

GSSalvador posted: »

Wow. I thought this Thread is called "is arya the Clementine of Game of Thrones" and Not "Who would Win a fight between arya and Clementine?" Answer: Not yet but Clem is Going to be in a few years.

edited August 2015

She hasn't been eating squirrels for 2 years, unless you have played a special DLC which is set in those 16 months between the intro of ep 1 and the actual episode and so you can actually confirm that.

When saying she was eating squirrels for 2 years I didn't mean all she was eating was squirrels. Sure, she might have eaten some canned food here and blueberries there, but my point was that she wasn't well-fed at all for very long, and was very weak.

Walkers are weak, they are corpses which have rotten for years, Clementine is strong enough to evade them, while breaking their skulls is way harder than that, that's why she needs different blows to kill them, as a matter of fact at times even Rick Grimes has had problems with that.

Walkers are not as weak as you might think, they do feed, and their skulls don't get softer. The fact that you mentioned even Rick Grimes has struggles with killing walkers just strengthens my point, because he is 10 times stronger than she is, and she handles them almost as easy as he does. I disagree that she is strong enough to overpower them, not at her age. Maybe small walkers, of children and women who are less thick and muscular.

As for Winston, before escaping from his grasp Clementine wounded him with a branch,

The stab barely went into the flesh of his shoulder, and it wasn't a very pointy branch from what I recall. So it wouldn't prevent him from pinning her down when he grabbed her if it wasn't for her abnormal strength. And getting your thumb bitten really shouldn't affect the functionality of your entire hand. That special DLC you mentioned must include a bit where they find an abandoned stash of steroids, because she has some fucking strength for a little girl.

In the end, the walkers helped her, but it wasn't going to end that way if it were real. If it were real, he would never even have to run after her for so long, because grown men run faster than little girls, he'd pin her down, probably rape her, and blow her brains out. That's realism.

There's another instance just a second after that other instance where she pulls herself up a ledge without flinching. Not just halfway, she jumped, grabbed a ledge and pulled her whole body weight up. That's not realistic, not for an 11-year-old girl.

But we're veering from the subject, if you cancel her advantages and take Arya's sword, I'm fairly certain Arya would rip her throat out.

She hasn't been eating squirrels for 2 years, unless you have played a special DLC which is set in those 16 months between the intro of ep 1

• Who cares? It's a discussion nonetheless.

GSSalvador posted: »

Wow. I thought this Thread is called "is arya the Clementine of Game of Thrones" and Not "Who would Win a fight between arya and Clementine?" Answer: Not yet but Clem is Going to be in a few years.

• Arya is 11 in season 3

Arya would kill Clem in a fist fight. Idk if you noticed but clem is like what 11? Arya is at the very youngest 14 in the show. She is ol

• She's not a psychopath. She is far too empathetic and emotional to be a psychopath.

Arya is a thousand times more bad ass then Clementine.... because shes a psychopath if you didn't notice. :P enter link description here enter link description here

• It was unused. So.... I don't think it counts.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I know but the line itself still exists even if it was unused which is what the OP was referring to, i was just pointing it out as some people where confused.

Reconn posted: »

It was unused. So.... I don't think it counts.

• Game of Thrones was published in 1996.

The Walking dead was released in 2012.

I suppose that makes Clementine the Arya of The Walking Dead.

• Clementine wasn't very weak, she could run with no problem at all, not eating much doesn't make you weak, it makes you hungry, not eating at all makes you weak. Even if you're a little girl, you don't need steroids to manage to run with a relatively low level of feeding of which, by the way, one gets housed to after two years

I don't think she handles walkers as easily as Rick, I've never seen her making a massacre like Lee or Rick, all she does is kick them to lower them, shoot them or push them away, it's no big deal for a healthy 11 year old girl. I mentioned the skull thing to prove that it's not because she's a weak little girl the reason why she needs several blows to kill them, but because their skulls aren't soft.

Now, for Winston, she hasn't managed to outrun him, she was far from Winston when she starts running, that's why he didn't immediately reach her, then she hid herself, then while they were both running they both had to dodge two or three walkers and several times Winston managed to grab her, but she go free by kicking him which thing would wound a little any adult not particularly strong as Winston is. Finally do you have any idea how much getting bit like that on the thumb hurts? I don't think I would be able to use my hand any time soon after a bite like that.

Ok, the ledge thing is a little weird, I agree with that, but honestly, that's a pretty common thing in video games.

Well of course, even Rickon would rip Clem's throat out if he had a sword and Clem had nothing t fight with other than her fists. But if Arya can have her signature weapons, why can't Clem? And since Clem has a gun, she would win, no doubt.

She hasn't been eating squirrels for 2 years, unless you have played a special DLC which is set in those 16 months between the intro of ep 1

• Having a poor diet does in fact make you weaker than you are when you are well-fed, not do mention much more tired. Lack of food is a direct cause of weakness and when losing weight, you are also losing strength. The mention of steroids wasn't because she had to find it to live, but to explain how she could get free of the hold of grown men and pull herself up a ledge.

She never made a massacre because that would be too much out of character. It is too much for a healthy character, because you define a person who probably has malnutrition as healthy. Healthy or not healthy, an 11 year old girl cannot kill much walkers with such ease that she can keep up with grown men's killing rate, not in my book.

and several times Winston managed to grab her, but she go free by kicking him

That's the exact problem, I don't see it happening in real life. Not that I exactly spend my time running after little girls and pinning them down, but I know how easy it is, I don't see how it would be harder to a 35ish year old man to do it if it wasn't for a 16 year old. Their kicks are barely efficient, unless you get kicked in the nuts or nose or any sensitive place. I don't get how it hurts, I don't know if you do, but I've cut my fingers quite deep several times and I don't believe it's as different. I could still use my hand, despite the finger itself hurting. But I think that even one-handed, keeping that girl in your grab is not much of a challenge. Maybe he's really fucking weak.

Well Rickon is barely 5 in the books and about 8(?) in the show, I don't think he'd be able to do anything to Clementine, but I didn't say that Arya would have a sword. I said that if you take away Clem's gun (and other weapons) and take away Arya's Needle (and any other weapon), she would pretty much kill her. I asked about 5 friends and they all agreed she would, I don't think many people who know both characters think otherwise.

Clementine wasn't very weak, she could run with no problem at all, not eating much doesn't make you weak, it makes you hungry, not eating a

• I agree, Awesomeo.

Clementine would be fucked if she went toe to toe with Clementine.

NO. First of all, Arya would completely destroy, annihilate Clementine, she is way different from her. Arya is wild, fierce, she takes on

Sign in to comment in this discussion.