A Decision That Could've Been

In Episode 5, the final decision braces Asher or Rodrik but if you don't move the analog sticks at all then both will stay and fight the Whitehills but sadly it is non-canon and they both easily die which is stupid as they would've lasted longer than that, they killed like two whitehill men.

Knowing it's non-canon and meaning you HAVE TO choose one to die, it makes it so sad seeing both lying on the ground and the game is demanding you to make a choice.

That could have been a third decision, but they could've made a choice in previous episodes that leads up to this. Your decisions led to one of them dying.

Rodrik - Win Elaena's hand, Call Ludd's Bluff, Kill The Sentinel, , (Survives)
Asher - Kills Tazal, Beskha kills Dezhor, Kills Bloodsong (Dies)
In another turn of events:
Rodrik - Spare The Sentinel, Accept Ludd's terms, Lose Elaena's hand (Dies)
Asher - Spares Tazal, Dezhor is spared, Spares Bloodsong (Survives)

Something along those lines would have made it better.

Comments

• Personally, I think that if they had killed both Gryff and Harys I'd have been okay with the ending where they both die being canon and Talia becoming playable (which leads up to her being playable in season 2, like Clementine... just hopefully not in an awful season.)

• Talia will not be playable. She's that girl who isn't in battle or like Mira.

Personally, I think that if they had killed both Gryff and Harys I'd have been okay with the ending where they both die being canon and Tali

• edited August 2015

telltale can't handle that much of choices and branching stories

asher\rodrick will die in the next ep that's for sure

• She isn't playable at the moment. She'll probably be playable in Season 2, especially since the remaining Forrester brother is determinate.

IR0NR4TH posted: »

Talia will not be playable. She's that girl who isn't in battle or like Mira.

• At this moment Talia is ready to flay Gryff and chop off Harys's manhood and feed it to the goats, also Royland kind of showed her how to fight, i think she'll do as a playable character.

IR0NR4TH posted: »

Talia will not be playable. She's that girl who isn't in battle or like Mira.

• Yeah I think so too. And I dont understand why they did that. Why throw away 3 playable characters (maybe more or even all of them). I mean if Asher was the one that died and Rodrik survived for sure it would have been sad enough and hard enough to get over with. But now they all die and all their story and all the things they experienced are rather irrelevant. I had the hope to see badass Rodrik in the show for a few minutes appearance but now this will never happen and he will never have an active role in upcoming games.

telltale can't handle that much of choices and branching stories asher\rodrick will die in the next ep that's for sure

• I hate when they kill determinant characters. And that makes me feel like my choices mean nothing.

I bet Asher/Rodrick will die in episode 6 for sure... sighs

telltale can't handle that much of choices and branching stories asher\rodrick will die in the next ep that's for sure

• it's sad :(

N8eule posted: »

Yeah I think so too. And I dont understand why they did that. Why throw away 3 playable characters (maybe more or even all of them). I mean

• i wish tellale could make determinant characters live all through the season.

• Everyone wishes that...

i wish tellale could make determinant characters live all through the season.

• edited August 2015

They actually did with the Wolf Among Us, but I know what you mean :(

• I don't know if you guys know (you surely do know) but the sentinel is a determinant character himself, so there's a possibility for Duncan/Royland to die in episode 6, too.

• You're right..... :( and don't forget the traitor....

i hope telltale make episode 5 the best in the series.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

I don't know if you guys know (you surely do know) but the sentinel is a determinant character himself, so there's a possibility for Duncan/Royland to die in episode 6, too.

• Most of the times (actually everytime), the final episode in every Telltale game is the best episode, but we shall see.

Also, sorry if my english is bad. English is not my mother language :(

You're right..... and don't forget the traitor.... i hope telltale make episode 5 the best in the series.

• don't worry, your english is amazing ;)

Me too, english is not my main language.

Most of the times (actually everytime), the final episode in every Telltale game is the best episode, but we shall see. Also, sorry if my english is bad. English is not my mother language

• edited August 2015

I noticed that too and had the bad feeling that he will probably die too. But then I thought a while about it. Telltale made many extra scenes where Rodrik is speaking with his sentinel and Royland and Duncan had about 95% the same dialoges. I think it is possible that they could keep the sentinel alive for even entire season 2, cause there wouldnt be any difference in the dialoges. But since I have a bad feeling about episode 6 I think the sentinel and most of the Forresters will die.

I don't know if you guys know (you surely do know) but the sentinel is a determinant character himself, so there's a possibility for Duncan/Royland to die in episode 6, too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.