Why are people expecting a good ending?

First of all, this is Game of Thrones, a series that has become famous thanks to its charateristic of being diverse from all the disney-type of story where the ending and the type of trama is always the same and good-ending.
Second of all, Asher/Rodrik has got only 5 pit fighters and few men to fight against the Whitehills. Even in the real world in a war situation they would be fucked, let alone in the GoT universe.
In my opinion, there will be only three possibile outcomes:
1: The Forrester house is completely destroyed with everyone dead.
2: The house make a deal to survive with the whitehills but they are treated like slaves.
3: The house flee in another location, in which the second season will be set.

If something is badly written please forgive me, english is not my mother language.enter image description here

Comments

• Being a fan of TWD and GoT, I hope for the best, but know the worst will come...and I'm okay with that.

• Well, hoping is better than sink into despair, depression and darkness right?

• edited August 2015

I just want some satisfaction. Terrible things can happen while still providing a satisfying conclusion. At least make something that we've done make a difference.

• That is the beaty of GoT and TWD

Being a fan of TWD and GoT, I hope for the best, but know the worst will come...and I'm okay with that.

• I know, Telltale's games always end on a sad note, or cliffhanger. Much like the walking dead I think there may be multiple endings. (just a prediction)

• As my great-grandfather said- optimistic mind is mind without knowledge ;)

However it doesn't hurt to have faith in good ending , right?

• edited August 2015

Well I hope to have some logical and complete ending. But I do not think that 'happy end' and 'everyone is dead' are the options. Something in between more likely.
    And, there are plenty happy moments in the books, so we can hope with full right.

• I just really, really want to kill some Whitehills. Is that too much to ask?

• edited August 2015

Because the idea that Game of Thrones always ends in defeat and despair for the good is bullshit. That isn't what Game of Thrones is about, it's about everyone getting what they have coming to them good or bad.

Eddard was stupid and paid for it

Joffrey and Renly were cunts and paid for it

Robb was stupid and paid for it

Tywin was a dick and paid for it

Catelyn was stupid and paid for it

Meryn Trant was sick and paid for it

Sansa made the mistake of trusting Littlefinger and paid for it.

Cersei was stupid and cruel and paid for it

Everyone gets theirs. The Whitehills are just as weak as the Forresters, having the Forresters get shit on again, and again, and again, and again, without any sort of retribution isn't Game of Thrones at all. Game of Thrones is best summed up by the quote "Winter is Coming" as in: things will be difficult but we'll overcome. Everyone always thinks of the Ramsay quote "if you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention" which doesn't sum up Game of Thrones at all.

TL;DR: Having the Forresters git rekt isn't anything like Game of Thrones. GoT isn't about failure, it's about comeuppance.

• You are absolutely right.

Because the idea that Game of Thrones always ends in defeat and despair for the good is bullshit. That isn't what Game of Thrones is about,

• I want that too

ShampaFK posted: »

I just really, really want to kill some Whitehills. Is that too much to ask?

• You re right. I was too pessimistic

Mawula posted: »

Well I hope to have some logical and complete ending. But I do not think that 'happy end' and 'everyone is dead' are the options. Something in between more likely. And, there are plenty happy moments in the books, so we can hope with full right.

• "Asher/Rodrik has got only 5 pit fighters and few men to fight against the Whitehills. Even in the real world in a war situation they would be fucked, let alone in the GoT universe"

Speculation, we've only seen 5 on screen, but that doesn't mean that there are only 5. For all we know ALL of the pit fighters might have come with him.

"1: The Forrester house is completely destroyed with everyone dead. 2: The house make a deal to survive with the whitehills but they are treated like slaves. 3: The house flee in another location, in which the second season will be set."

Out of these options only #2 is not cannon breaking, to the books at least. As the Forrester soldiers are mentioned as being with Stannis' army. So the house still exists in some form in the books.

The Forresters will survive, at least one of them.

• How did Sansa pay for trusting Littlefinger? I just can't remember anything bad happening to Sansa.

Because the idea that Game of Thrones always ends in defeat and despair for the good is bullshit. That isn't what Game of Thrones is about,

• I am always surprised by the number of fans that don't get this.

It is not a slaughter, it is a chess game.

We expect a "good" ending because we know ASOIAF.

• Im expecting a good fucking ending, not a happy one though

• Have you watched the last season of GoT?

How did Sansa pay for trusting Littlefinger? I just can't remember anything bad happening to Sansa.

• I have not seen any of them, but I read all the 5 books. Are they different?
    In the book Sansa is still with Litttlefinger at Eerye, as his daughter.

Miklaus posted: »

Have you watched the last season of GoT?

• In the books she's fine. In the show (which the game is based off of) she gets raped by Ramsay.

• Well then, it's good that I do not watch it. I like Sansa.

• Yeah but reek escape with sansa and not the false arya like in the books.

Well then, it's good that I do not watch it. I like Sansa.

• Because House Forrester still exists in the ASOIAF universe and can't be destroyed.

• I didn't know it and its really sad to know that some things cant be changed because of the books. Of course I don't want the Forresters killed, but killing Ramsey would be awesome

Because House Forrester still exists in the ASOIAF universe and can't be destroyed.

• Yeah #FUCK WHITEHILLS

ShampaFK posted: »

I just really, really want to kill some Whitehills. Is that too much to ask?

• I'm expecting a terrible ending where we all rage. But that's just me being prepared. Though I pray I get the opportunity to kill Gryff.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.