A funny comparison between Until Dawn and Telltale's Game of Thrones

WARNING: This contains spoilers for Until Dawn. Reader beware.

Recently I was reading through Until Dawn's wiki when I came across some interested information about one of the main antagonists. The Wendingo.

It is unknown how long they have lived in Blackwood but it's suggests they've been around since before the first settlements. Long ago, a Native American tribe known as the Cree preserved the Blackwoods as well as it's wildlife, believing it would anger the mountain and unleash the Wendigo curse. What they call, "A creature born from ice".

I found this similar to the lore involving the Forresters.

• They're tied to the ancient clans of the Northern Mountains.
  • They inhabit in a place called the Wolfswood.
  • The preseve the rare Ironwood trees.
  • Their words are "Iron form Ice".

Just a funny coincidence.

Comments

• I'm surprised you haven't pointed out the House Blackwood is kind of an inspiration for House Forrester in some regards.

• I thought that in the comparison you'll say; your choices actually matter.

• Well, that is a interesting comparison, and as stated above, Blackwood is also the name of a House in the Riverlands, and inspired the Forresters to some degree. But it should also be noted, that Wendingo is an actual mythical creature, but i'm sure we all knew that.

• edited August 2015

I forgot about House Blackwood. I wonder if the Forresters and Blackwoods are somehow ancestrally related.

I'm surprised you haven't pointed out the House Blackwood is kind of an inspiration for House Forrester in some regards.

• Huh, nice eye, you got there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.