Rhys X Fiona Confirmed Season Finale "The Vault of The Traveler" Spoilers!!

Comments

• i was joking

i know its your theory :P

BigBadPaul posted: »

Not in the... wrong way. Obviously. Expect something big coming up in the coming minutes!

• [hugs u]

ABigBadWolf posted: »

i dunno, it just hurts ;-;

• i am strong

Eryka posted: »

You know what will happen with to much excitement

• edited August 2015

technical difficulties...

• "something big coming up in the coming minutes" ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not in the... wrong way. Obviously. Expect something big coming up in the coming minutes!

• awwwww ;-; thank you so much

rhonu posted: »

[hugs u]

• edited August 2015

It seems I have reached the maximum limit of letters in the post. It completely messed the whole thing up. Damn it, I will have to re edit everything again. ;_;

P.S: Blame the forums, not me. ;_;

P.S 2: Alright, alright. I'm gonna re edit everything again, but this time I will make sure to save it somewhere else. I will just keep retrying until I get it to work.

• Blame it on the night

It seems I have reached the maximum limit of letters in the post. It completely messed the whole thing up. Damn it, I will have to re edit e

• are you like, still nonexistent?

papai46 posted: »

Are you like, still in Satan's ballsack?

• Or do that! Yeah!

Blame it on the night

• Okay Pauly! You can do it!

It seems I have reached the maximum limit of letters in the post. It completely messed the whole thing up. Damn it, I will have to re edit e

• me too

I read it all

• It's a short theory

Kawaiii posted: »

me too

• making a rap song

fuking call me kawaiiinem

• edited August 2015

nah it's big

just like h-

It's a short theory

• ;) All I need is you bb.

You don't need Jesus, the Jewish God, or Allah, or even Tom Cruise! You just need me.

• ErykaEryka Banned
    edited August 2015

I tough you said : making a rape song EDIT : I've also see : fu##ing a rape song

making a rap song fuking call me kawaiiinem

• edited August 2015

IceKawaiiiwaiiiFish

making a rap song fuking call me kawaiiinem

• ErykaEryka Banned
    edited August 2015

Just like HugeBigPaul? EDIT : Handsome Jack's D¡©k?

nah it's big just like h-

• Now, that ain't funny. >:(

nah it's big just like h-

• you don't want to know

Just like HugeBigPaul? EDIT : Handsome Jack's D¡©k?

• That's an interesting question. XD I trust Paul enough to not wreck what we have going on here!

ABigBadWolf posted: »

are you flirting with her behind kristis back? mexican music in the background

• Just when I thought I could see that theory before sleep ;[ dammnit.

• maybe because it's not the case

enter image description here

Now, that ain't funny. >:(

• Yep, it's a limit...

I will split my already parted theory into more parts! Great! xd

• PM me?

you don't want to know

• Oh sorry... I... Hug?

Now, that ain't funny. >:(

• edited August 2015

This is the first time in my life that I actually blushed because of a post on the internet...

maybe because it's not the case

• Poor you! Hug?

Yep, it's a limit... I will split my already parted theory into more parts! Great! xd

• enter image description here

This is the first time in my life that I actually blushed because of a post on the internet...

• so no mexican soap opera

Damn :P

kristi78968 posted: »

That's an interesting question. XD I trust Paul enough to not wreck what we have going on here!

• Definitely could use one right at this moment...

Poor you! Hug?

• :(

Hugs

Yep, it's a limit... I will split my already parted theory into more parts! Great! xd

• Tags: @ABigBadWolf, @HellFish, @Brawl, @TurtleMan141, @ABigRedMonster, @tessie0713, @Kawaiii

First of all, huge thanks to the people that have "inspired" me on the Rhyiona thread! Definitely got me into the mood for some more theorizing!

So, most of this has been rewritten. Hope you enjoy it for what it's worth. ;p
    This is the first part of this huge theory/analyzing project! I don't know how long it will take to finish it, but damn, will this be a wild ride! Throughout the walk-through that I've done, I've been trying many different choices, in Episode 4, to see whether we can get some interesting moments out of our favorites, Rhys and Fiona. The reason I have split this project up, is quite simply, because it would be too big for one post. This post will already be fairly huge, and with LOTS of pictures, so you have been warned! On the save game I made in the game, I have completely trusted Fiona in every possible interaction, and tried to be as nice to her as possible. (I also tried to avoid any Rhysha moments, duh!) What I will try to figure out in this little project of mine, is figure out Fiona's feelings to Rhys (and Rhys's to Fiona) throughout Episode 4. However, in this post, I will be only touching on the parts at the beginning of Episode 4, before the introduction scene. (So, the present time, onto the past time with Vallory threatening the gang.) I have already made several posts before which took the most obvious Rhyiona moments out of the game and just tried to theorize on them. Well, this? This will go deeper. Much, much deeper. This post will also try to take in any moments that Episode 1, 2 or even 3 had, whenever possible, so just try to keep your mind open, and hopefully remember what happened (or could have happened) in each of those episodes.

Hold on to your butts, because WE, are about, to BEGIN!

We are going to start off at the present, at the beginning of Episode 4. Rhys and Fiona is walking with the Stranger. Well, this time around, they are actually ahead of him. As they are away from the Stranger, this is one of the only times we actually get Rhys and Fiona properly interacting with each other in the present, and you can get some preeetttyyy interesting stuff out of this! After we enter the Episode, Rhys will start off the episode with this dialogue to Fiona:

Now, this doesn't look like anything special. But what this does tell me, is that Rhys and Fiona have definitely been together with the gang for quite a long time before the present happened, (if the unused quote is still credible) as he has the emotional knowledge of Fiona that he previously, didn't show. AKA: He can read Fiona's gestures much easier than before.

Then, Rhys asks Fiona "What does the Stranger get out of all this?"

Now, there are 3 choices that you can pick. One of them gets Fiona to say that the Stranger might be trying to strike it rich, just like every other idiot on Pandora has attempted. Rhys pokes fun at Fiona by saying "Aren't you kinda vault-hunting right now?" with Fiona obviously noticing the reference. The best choice, in my opinion, is the Payback one.

Supposedly, both Fiona AND Rhys have just recently pissed some people off in the present, adding onto the list of pissed off people, that they already have. Not only does this connect with my theory that Rhys and Fiona have been together for quite a while after the events of the past, but in my opinion, it WASN'T the growing list that has caused the fall out. Rhys probably did something that Fiona did NOT approve of, and hence, started her hate for Rhys. There would be no reason for her to say that they have BOTH pissed off people unless they were working together. (Or, maybe even against each other, which might have caused the fall out too!) However, at this point in the present, it almost seems as if her hate for Rhys is seemingly wearing off. She's not as angry as before, she's calm enough to even discuss the aspect of escaping away from the Stranger with him, and she even starts poking fun at him! Also, you have to remember. This isn't the only time that her hate has seemingly died down. In the previous episodes, in the present, Fiona has seemingly started feeling sorry for Rhys, judging by her gestures at him when he admits that he may have rejected Jack's trust in Episode 3. (although that is the player's choice)
    Also, when the stranger asks you why you have trusted Fiona (if you did, in Episode 2), and you say that you have just trusted her, she will actually thank you for it.

Anyway, After that choice, Rhys decides that they should do something. How about running? Fiona can stay quiet, which, surprisingly, will cause this gesture to happen:

Now why would she pull such a face at such a dumb plan? If you ask me, it's almost as if she still knows him for the big goof he is, and she still kinda likes him for it!

Or, on the other hand, she can call him out on it, saying that "That's stupid!". Which would kinda fit the kind of bickering Rhys and Fiona usually have. You know, something that you would expect out of couples. Or ex-couples.

You can also pick one of the other options which prompts Fiona to say:

Here's the Fiona we saw and knew in the past! The one that kept poking fun at Rhys whenever possible. If anything, this suggests that she might be starting to warm up to him again.

Before you get the choice to run, Rhys tries to get Fiona to run with him.

Rhys probably still considers her a friend, and in the previous episodes, you can get him to stand up for who he believes to be close to him. Vaughn got picked on in Episode 1 by Greasy Face, and Rhys can stand right in-front of Vaughn, to stop him from getting hurt. (that is optional too, however) He can put his life in line to make sure Vaughn wouldn't get hurt. Greasy face could have killed Rhys, there and there. It takes guts to do that. Also, in Episode 2, he can try to get Vasquez to leave his friends (Fiona, Sasha and Vaughn) out of the situation, by pretty much giving himself in. It obviously didn't work, but Rhys is obviously VERY loyal to his friends, and he would not dare to see them get hurt. Hence he'd rather take her with him than just leave her behind and having her, quite possibly, getting the punishment for him running away. (He doesn't exactly know the Stranger's intentions. He know he wouldn't kill Fiona, but the aspect of her getting hurt is still there.)

At this point you get the choice to run. But do you? If you choose to run, not much is going to happen, except for a humorous scene where Rhys keeps zig-zagging while Fiona is actually running. However, if you choose to stay, Rhys runs anyway. That could be possibly due to Rhys trusting Fiona to run with him, and him just not expecting her not to run at all. He probably wouldn't stop running as the punishments for him trying to run away could be severe. (And he still gets the punishment after he gets to the shelter.)

Fiona, knowing that running will get them either killed or to nowhere, manages to, once again, take a crack at him:

The rest of the scene plays out as normally. With Rhys always ending up unconscious (and possibly a broken nose) and Fiona left to explain the rest of the story, to the Stranger.

This might not look like much, but it's actually quite a lot! Fiona still seems to have some sort of feelings for Rhys, which are shown whenever she doesn't let the anger take the best of her, or whenever she manages to get rid of the anger all together!
    Whatever has happened in the past, was bad enough to make her leave him, but not bad enough for her to not consider having a change of heart! There ain't that many Rhyiona hints in the Present, but I'm 99% sure it's due to wanting to keep the whole romance thing ambiguous. But she still does the usual things she did in the past when she was still "attracted" to Rhys. Mainly the piss taking of Rhys for whatever stupid ideas he might get, teasing him, and even appreciating his dumb (albeit funny) kind of behavior at times!

After that scene, we move on to the past.

Here we are, at the end of where we left off at Episode 3. Vallery has captured Rhys and Fiona.

When one of the bandits pushes Sasha down quite violently, Rhys stands up for her, but gets pushed down himself.

Interestingly enough, some people thought that Rhys was only trying to protect Sasha, because he had a crush on her. That is not true. As I said before, Rhys is quite prone to standing up for people he considers close and/or good friends. Considering that Rhys has been living with those guys for the past week, and they have been going pretty damn good at it, it's obvious that he would consider them friends, and maybe, if not a bit too quickly, close.

So, he protected Sasha because:

1: She didn't deserve to get pushed down like that
    2: Because Rhys doesn't enjoy seeing his friends getting hurt
    3: Because he likes to stand up to his friends.

This is proved further, when Rhys gets angry at the two of the sisters:

He gets angry because he cannot comprehend why Fiona and Sasha would pick their honor over, quite possibly, their own life.
    He doesn't enjoy seeing his friends getting hurt, and he just doesn't agree with the way that the two sisters handle the situation.

Now, Rhys and the gang have to make up a plan to infiltrate Helios. They go to the caravan to talk it out.
    This is my favorite part, as you can notice more Rhyiona references and hints, than you would in any other scenes!

Unfortunately, neither of the first few choices really change much as it's mostly just Handsome Jack screwing around with Rhys, and then telling him the location of the Vault part they need. Funnily enough, if you stay quiet when August makes you speak, you will get this piece of the dialogue from Fiona:

Yep! She just keeps going on relentlessly about Rhys's behavior. If someone would find something attractive, wouldn't they keep going on about it? I'm starting to think that Fiona not only likes Rhys for his good looks, (yeah, he's pretty handsome) but due to the contrast that the two of them have. Fiona is usually the serious one, with the occasional (those occur often with Rhys around though) jokes, while Rhys is quite literally, the comic relief. It's a big contrast, and with Rhys being there, it allows her to act in the ways that she wouldn't dare before!

What's pretty interesting after that point, however, is the reactions that Fiona has once Rhys figures out a way to do it.

She's obviously on edge after what happened with Athena and her sister. (if you allowed her to get stabbed anyway)
    She also doesn't seem to be very certain of success, as she seems fairly pessimistic about the whole situation. But Rhys has managed to relax Fiona by trying to relate to her! This can be seen here, as he admits to her that he's scared too! Fiona usually had to be pretty strong for her younger sister, especially when they were much younger. Rhys reminded her that being afraid is a good thing.

She still doesn't know the plan, so she still isn't certain of success. But Rhys comforting her, has definitely calmed her down and managed to make her feel more relaxed. Her gestures also show that she definitely appreciated Rhys taking charge and actually speaking to her like that for once. This makes me think. Because she is so closed up emotionally, she would rather have Rhys advance towards her instead of her advancing towards him. This could explain all the teases and jokes, as she just doesn't know how to get him to notice her. From here on out, the plan is being presented by Rhys to the gang.

As the presentation goes on, Fiona is even seemingly IMPRESSED by Rhys doing all the work!

This is a big step for Rhyiona. By this point, it's obvious that Fiona doesn't work like Sasha does. She's not very direct about her relationships, unlike Sasha, and she seems to be a lot more emotionally locked in than Sasha, due to her tough upbringing, and her having to be tough for her younger sister. While there have been many times that she looked at Rhys in fairly flirty ways, this is one of those that just reeks of a crush. Add that up with what I said before, in the previous paragraph and... you know where I'm getting to. ;p

Further on, you can see another shot of Fiona, seemingly still impressed by his planning.

Just wanted to put this out there. There's been people saying, that Fiona does NOT trust Rhys in the way that we think so. Whether it's for her to maybe con him out of the rewards that the vault can hold, I don't know. But what I do know is, that soon, that rumor will be completely torn apart.

Anyway, moving on. As we see scenes of the plan happening, we get to the point where Fiona gets to Handsome Jack's office, before being stopped by Rhys.

Here we get several hints:

Fiona looking back at Rhys in that kinda way is obviously suggestive.
    Rhys grooming his hair right before looking at Fiona.
    And Rhys looking straight at Fiona, instead of Sasha.

Since the plan is being made and presented by Fiona and Rhys, they are presenting how it should go from their perspective. Fiona looking at Rhys, and Rhys flirtoriously grooming his hair with his eyes on Fiona? Interesting... Sasha is obviously there, but Rhys doesn't even pay attention to her throughout the whole scene, which makes this even more interesting. It feels... it almost feels like this is from Fiona's perspective. How SHE would expect it to go as. That would explain why Rhys is completely ignoring Sasha, why Rhys can mess up the rocket, but Fiona, as usual, can help him out of it, AND, why Fiona gets the attention from Rhys, instead of Sasha. Now, we do know that both Rhys and Fiona participate in the plan, but after Rhys hacks the cameras, the perspective shifts onto Fiona. This would explain why suddenly Rhys became much more interested into Fiona.

I also got more proof for those "perspectives" that I am talking about. Going back all the way to Episode 2's beginning, we are put into Fiona's perspective. When Rhys gets scared of Jack popping out behind him, she reacts like this:

But, when you get further in the episode, and you go into Rhys's perspective of what happened then, she reacted like this:

Fiona's perspective is how she THINKS she reacted to him, aka, calmly and gently. Rhys's perspective of how she reacted, was much more aggressive. Now, we don't know which one is the correct one. Whether it's Rhys somehow remembering the event differently due to Fiona's anger to him in the Present, or whether that is the actual way she reacted, we don't know. What I think, is that the reason Fiona reacted differently in her perspective, is due to her still having a crush on Rhys. She would expect herself to be reacting to him gently and calmly, while in reality she actually lashed out on him quite aggressively. Or, maybe at the time, that's how she thinks she reacted at him, while in reality she still lashed out on him quite aggressively. This might explain the lack of advances from her. She thinks that she's doing all those things to attract Rhys, but he seemingly just isn't interested in her. But in reality, Rhys wasn't attracted to her because she wasn't that nice to him to begin with!

If my perspective theory is correct, then this is all the prove we need. Her perspective shows how she feels about Rhys in the past. She IS attracted to him, but she just doesn't know how to advance to him. This could also potentially prove that Fiona has a crush on Rhys.

Yep, screw it. Fiona has a crush on Rhys. I said it.

If you look at that picture carefully, you will know what I mean. Remember Episode 4? The intro? Where Fiona gets into the way of Rhys looking at Sasha? This is pretty much the same situation going on here, albeit with no one going in between their eye sight. Fiona is looking at Rhys, while Rhys is looking at Fiona. But Sasha seems to be looking at Fiona. Almost as if Sasha was jealous instead!

So, after all the planning is done, we get asked by Sasha how we knew the location of the core. If, you will be quiet the first time they ask you about it, you will be greeted by this dialogue from Fiona:

Did she just say it? Yep! She finally said that she is worried about Rhys! Well, she says that the two of them are worried, but she knows her sister better than anyone else. She wouldn't wanna say the wrong thing and hurt her sister at the same time. That was the first time she actually said anything meaningful emotionally to Rhys. Mix that dialogue in with all the gestures she did in the previous episodes and in this one, and you can probably figure out that she does have feelings for Rhys by this point!

So, now that's out of the way, I will look at the last three things in this part that I wanted to check through. Her reaction to Rhys telling about Jack, her interesting reaction to a rather lewd joke, and also her reaction to when Rhys says that Pandora has finally got to him.

• edited August 2015

Tags: @ABigBadWolf, @HellFish, @Brawl, @TurtleMan141, @ABigRedMonster, @tessie0713, @Kawaiii

Let's start off with the lewd joke shall we? (he he)

If you decide not to tell the sisters about jack the first time around, and then you tell them not to worry as you are completely fine, you will be greeted by this lewd joke: (Rhys says that he knows Helios like the back of his hand)

Now, now. I don't have a video of it (yet). So this is what you gonna have to work with for now. But what makes this interesting is both of the sister's reactions!

We know that Sasha has an obvious crush on Rhys ever since Episode 3, and if following my theories, Fiona has a crush on him too!
    Now, I'm not saying that if you don't immediately love someone, you wouldn't laugh at a joke made about them, but the reactions usually differ when you have a different relationship with that person. If both Sasha and Fiona had a crush on Rhys, they would probably react in a rather "He did not just say that" kinda way, with the addition of lewd faces and awkward head movement, and guess what, they both do that exact thing! Yes, my pictures can't show it off very well, but I'm sure you will change your minds once I make a vid of it. ;)

Either way, that's out of the way.

Now, let's get on with the next part! This one is gonna be when you yet again refuse to speak to them about Jack, but you say that Pandora has finally got to Rhys! (Rhys says "It's only been a week on Pandora. It's been a nightmare.")

Now, what interests me in this picture (except for the lewd face that Fiona makes towards Rhys), is that here, she's trying to comfort Rhys just like he did to her before he told her about the plan, although you can see that she has completely failed at it. (because all she did was say that the mission on Helios will be harder than being on Pandora...) I think that due to her having such a tough childhood, and her sister always getting the boy instead, she never had the time for any relationships. This in turn makes it harder for her to try to relate to someone. (other than her own sister, of course)

However, if you just stay quiet once again, you will hear the entirety of dialogue that Fiona has to offer:

When they start asking Rhys whether something is wrong, Rhys starts getting nervous. What Fiona does here, is trying to calm him down, just like he did to her previously, before Rhys showed them the plan! Most interesting part, is that she wants him to be a 100% truthful with them, even though they are just con-artists who shouldn't be that interested in the truth. It's obvious by this point that she does care about Rhys, so her trying to calm him down in such a way would definitely be seen, in my eyes, as quite close indeed. ;)

Finally, the final part! Oh jeez, this one was a pain. Mostly because I had to keep replaying the plan scenes in order to get to this bit. This is the 'telling them about Jack' part!

When you get ready to tell them about Jack, they don't expect anything to be that serious as Rhys tries to play it off cool:

But, after you tell them:

Yeah... is that the face of someone who wanted to use someone else in order to get the riches? I don't think so. I mean, I understand that another part of it could be because it's Handsome Jack that is inside of Rhys's head (he's pretty infamous), but I would say that most of the shock came to them from hearing that Rhys is the one who has him in his head. Why? I will explain on the next screenshots. Most importantly, I will also show what happens if you accuse them of lying too. Oh boy, shouldn't have chosen that option at all. xd

After you have told them, Fiona will comment on him:

I don't have a theory on why she would compare Rhys to August. I just can't think of anything. But if I'm just going to guess, she was probably hoping that this Hyperion stooge would be better than that. He kind of proves her wrong and right at the same time when he tells her about Jack. Don't forget, this is in the heat of the moment.

So, after you tell them about Jack, you got a couple of choices from there on out. You can either apologize to them, try to relate with them, or accuse them of lying.

If afterwards, you decide to accuse them of lying too, this is what happens:

Ouch Rhys... just ouch. Here Fiona obviously gets insulted as Rhys calls them both ladies. What's interesting is that she doesn't consider her con-work to be relevant to his case. This could be due to either 2 reasons:

1. She was completely straight with Rhys since day 1, and he has no reason to be accusing her of lying due to her con-artist status.

2. She considers conning people as a way of life because that's the only way she can survive, unlike Rhys, where he lied due to possibly them rejecting him.

Fiona gets also insulted by Rhys calling them ladies as he did it in a rather patronizing way when he said it. Not much theory to that.

However, if you decide to apologize (like I did) or try to relate to them, they just get angry at you saying it so far into the episodes! Much better!

Afterwards, Fiona asks you whether when you passed out in Episode 3, it was Jack controlling you:

What's interesting about this, is that she seems to be gesturing slightly worringly whenever she references Rhys, but as soon as she mentions Jack, she gets angry. (unfortunately, I haven't got a picture of her other gesture :( )

I mean, who wouldn't get angry if they would learn that their potential love interest is getting messed with? Am I right? This potentially, again, shows off Fiona's feelings towards Rhys. She isn't even that mad at him, she's more worried, but she's mad that Jack decided to take over Rhys. At that moment, she might have thought if Jack is in Rhys, the only way out for him would be by killing Rhys, which understandably made her angry.

What means a lot to me, is that even though Jack is inside of Rhys's head, Fiona gives him the benefit of the doubt. Now, I know, yes, Rhys is the one who needs to be there in order to get the plan going, but she could have just said that she never wanted anything else to do with him after the mission is done. She didn't. She, quite literally, forgave him for the mistake that he has made.

She even decides to give him another chance! From all of this, I'm pretty sure that we can deduct, that Fiona was completely truthful to Rhys from the day she saw him. If she wouldn't, she wouldn't have gotten such a strong reaction to Rhys lying to them for the past week about Jack.

I think that this will be it for this part, guys! We got all the way through Episode 4's beginning, right before we get the Intro scene. I would say job well done, to everyone!

I would like to say thanks, again, to the guys who have stuck around for me, and even inspired me when I was too lazy to leave them behind! I really don't know when the next part will be even started. Sometime soon, I would guess. But one thing is for sure. I need a drink!

Rhyiona is not over yet, guys! VERY far from it! Hopefully this will give you some hopes about it happening in Episode 5, because there is every reason for it to happen, and I can't find any reasons why it wouldn't have!

enter link description here

Thanks, again! Until the next time, on this big-ass project...

P.S: If I find anything that seems out of the ordinary for me, I will change it as soon as I get my energy back! Expect some more stuff being edited into this post!

• you have a screenshot of the lewd joke as well :D that was so awkward when I found that in the game, fiona looked creepily into it

• I definetly read it all!

• is anyone still awake? ;-;

• I am so, so, so, SOO sorry, for any mistakes that might have creeped in there or, any strange formatting issues. The limit has definitely messed the whole thing up for me, and I didn't want to keep you guys waiting. So what I did was I just made sure it was all readable, and I will fix the issues later. :s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.