What if Ironrath falls but the Forresters survive?

They say the north grow is a fortress a place where even the darkest of winter wont touch it.

What if the intention is not looting some big reward gared must shove into his anus to smuggle back but literally finding a new home for House Forrester. A place with The Wall between the boltons , the whitehills, and them. A place where the nights watch and Mance wont go?

The biggest problem with this theory is what export would the forresters have to survive on in such a place or will they have to become a house that allies with the freefolk?

Comments

• ''the north grow''

• Oddly enough, in George RR Martin's original outline for Game of Thrones, after Winterfell is destroyed, Catelyn, Arya and Bran Stark flee north of the Wall together. So this theory fits with the Forresters as substitutes for the Stark family. Also Arya was in love with Jon in the original outline, which may sort of correlate with Talia's possible feelings for Gared.

• Wow, for real? Did George confirmed it in a interview or something?

Oddly enough, in George RR Martin's original outline for Game of Thrones, after Winterfell is destroyed, Catelyn, Arya and Bran Stark flee n

• Is Catelyn their mom?

And I'm glad they changed Aryas story line..

Oddly enough, in George RR Martin's original outline for Game of Thrones, after Winterfell is destroyed, Catelyn, Arya and Bran Stark flee n

• Wow, for real? Did George confirmed it in a interview or something?

• Yeah, Catelyn is the mother.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Is Catelyn their mom? And I'm glad they changed Aryas story line..

• not Jon Snow's one, but the rest of the kids, yeah.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Is Catelyn their mom? And I'm glad they changed Aryas story line..

• Catelyn is Arya's mother but we don't know for sure who Jon's parents are. Ned Stark did claim him as his son, which would make Jon and Arya half-siblings.

Yeah, Catelyn is the mother.

• Thank you! And wow thats distrubing...

http://watchersonthewall.com/george-r-r-martins-original-plan-game-thrones/

• Um... yeah, I know.

ShampaFK posted: »

Catelyn is Arya's mother but we don't know for sure who Jon's parents are. Ned Stark did claim him as his son, which would make Jon and Arya half-siblings.

• Huh, wow. Good thinking.

• I meant to reply to ShaneGrimes....

Um... yeah, I know.

• So, if the North Grove is this very secret place, and one which the only group we now to search for never returned from, is where they end up, then possibly they won't need to export anything. I mean, what if this grove is self-sufficient? Then they would have to get along with any other people that may already be there. I don't think they would have to export anything, but out of the need of some sort of civilization they may want to socialize with the freefolk.

• Thanks for the link to George's original outline. There are a lot of interesting ideas, but ultimately, the current version of the story is better in my opinion.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.