Are they rewriting the finale or what?

edited September 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Been 5-6 weeks. Absolutely no news so far. Are they rewriting the finale story? My "TWAU sense" is tingling :P

Comments

• They probably are just taking their time with it, seeing as how it's the first episode to have determinant protagonists. Tweets from voice actors are usually an extra on the side, and aren't a main source of news. We usually don't get the major news until shortly before an episode release.

• I doubt it. They have a lot of work to do, having determinant main characters. I hope they're just busy making the episode the best it could possibly be.

• 5-6 weeks isn't that long of a wait period actually... Especially for a season finale.

This is Game of Thrones, we should be used to waiting by now

• Patience. I'm sure they're still in development. We'll get news once its almost done. This waiting time without info. is quite normal.

• Why are people so suddenly impatient?

• A lot of work to do? Are you kidding me? They've been working on this game or 1.5 years+ now and if you think they just up and decided they were going to have a determinant protagonist last minute then I think you should re-think that. This decision was made in the early stages of development and they should have had plenty of time to figure this out between then and now.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

I doubt it. They have a lot of work to do, having determinant main characters. I hope they're just busy making the episode the best it could possibly be.

• Telltale is training us to become a jedi! :D

• edited September 2015

I never said that they JUST decided to do that. Where did I EVER say that? Even if they planned it, it still takes, y'know, work. I'm not saying that they haven't figured it out, I'm just saying that it'll take more work than a normal episode. Not sure where you got the idea that I thought they just decided to go with determinant protagonists from, as I clearly just said that they have a lot of work to do. It doesn't take a genius to see that what they have planned would take more effort than having an episode where everyone has the same main characters.

So, yes, a LOT of work. They haven't been making episode 5 for 1.5 years. Just the past few months. Sure, they'd have it all outlined beforehand, but that doesn't mean it'd already be done.

Wigams posted: »

A lot of work to do? Are you kidding me? They've been working on this game or 1.5 years+ now and if you think they just up and decided the

• Then why of why do they say that we can expect episodes to be released between four to six weeks?

• I guess we just learned to not expect that from them.

ShampaFK posted: »

Then why of why do they say that we can expect episodes to be released between four to six weeks?

• I just hope that Asher/Rodik(whoever we left alive) don't have the exact dialogue options in episode 6. I could just picture their dialogue being the exact same but it shouldn't since they both have different things going on.

• That doesn't entirely negate that they work on episodes live. They don't start work on one episode until they've finished the previous episode, and things can change during live production on both a large or small scale. It's not exactly an easy undergoing, even if they have some of the general beats of the story planned out, as they have to focus on the smaller and more minute details of actually translating it from an idea on paper to actually being in game.

Wigams posted: »

A lot of work to do? Are you kidding me? They've been working on this game or 1.5 years+ now and if you think they just up and decided the

• edited September 2015

you know got fans dont know the struggle when they question whether telltale is rewriting the episode after only a month of waiting

• You guys have to be patient. The episode is going to be released soon. (Telltale soon)

• Soon is like getting slapped in the face with a spoon.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

You guys have to be patient. The episode is going to be released soon. (Telltale soon)

• What Blind said ^^^

That doesn't entirely negate that they work on episodes live. They don't start work on one episode until they've finished the previous episo

• edited September 2015

I sense that this person is not a Telltale waiting veteran.

• Or they could just go cheap all together and give like 2 scenes dedicate to that storyline and focus entirely on Mira and Gared :P. The real finale is Mira's boring day walk

I just hope that Asher/Rodik(whoever we left alive) don't have the exact dialogue options in episode 6. I could just picture their dialogue being the exact same but it shouldn't since they both have different things going on.

• Reggie,pls.

I sense that this person is not a Telltale waiting veteran.

• the longer the wait the better

• edited September 2015

Can't wait for all the kiddies whining that Story modes episodes are taking too long to come out. :'D

Green613 posted: »

you know got fans dont know the struggle when they question whether telltale is rewriting the episode after only a month of waiting

• One can only hope that this long wait will be worth it all in the end.

• agreed

Harian96 posted: »

One can only hope that this long wait will be worth it all in the end.

• Eh, still not as bad as the wait for the Winds of Winter.

• Mira stares at a sunset. She sighs and turns to the camera.

"Hey player, you think anything interesting will happen?"

Credits roll

Talimancer posted: »

Or they could just go cheap all together and give like 2 scenes dedicate to that storyline and focus entirely on Mira and Gared :P. The real finale is Mira's boring day walk

• They did not rewrite the episode. It is one hard thing to have two non-playable determinant characters. It is one harder thing to have two determinant characters at the end of a season backed up with endings. But it is extremely difficult to have two determinant Playable characters determinant who are completely different in style. One was away for the whole time and the other was a tough lord

• They're making the episode as best as they can. Be patient.

I saw people complaining about quality of the episodes because it got released too early, so just wait.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.