People and their Ships

Like am I the only one that is tired of people's shit? I just don't like how everyone just keeps posting shitty Threads about how Gared and Talia loved eachother, or Gared and Sylvie liked eachother.

Sure, maybe Talia had a crush on him but it is barely even looked on by Telltale so it is considered a Brother and Sister type relationship, so people..

enter image description here

Comments

• edited September 2015

^^^ yes ^^^

Talia might've fancied Gared. That's the extent of what happened.

• How the hell do you even know she fancied Gared? just because they showed a one minute scene with Talia and Gared showing that she actually cares about him makes them lovers? how the fuck does that even work?

Lewsblake23 posted: »

^^^ yes ^^^ Talia might've fancied Gared. That's the extent of what happened.

• Just to remind you what brother and sister relationships are in ASOIAF:

• edited September 2015

Calm down, I'm agreeing with you.

'Fancied' literally means that she might have liked him, like many young girls do with guys. I'd never put them as lovers, and I don't think Gared liked her back.
    Where'd you get the idea that I think of them 'as lovers'? If you haven't noticed, I'm one of the top people on these forums getting annoyed at all these underage ships. I find them... strange.

How the hell do you even know she fancied Gared? just because they showed a one minute scene with Talia and Gared showing that she actually cares about him makes them lovers? how the fuck does that even work?

• You're not the only one, bro. This section is becoming the next TFTB's.

• I just hope that TTGoT doesn't end up with posts with thousands of comments about ships.

brbsmoking posted: »

You're not the only one, bro. This section is becoming the next TFTB's.

• I'm fine with a ship so long as it is a likely situation and not completely obsurd.

• Talia and Gared I understand not liking that but there's nothing wrong with shipping in general. How about this: Don't like them? Then don't participate why rant about shipping? It doesn't hurt you in any way.

• Hope so too, it would be a total disservice.

I just hope that TTGoT doesn't end up with posts with thousands of comments about ships.

• edited September 2015

It's sad that such a great game such as TFTBL has 50% of it's forum talking about ships, but at least they stick to only a few threads, I guess.

Edit: Guess I need to make it clear that I'm not saying that 50% of the threads are shipping ones, but around 50% of the forum content is made out of shipping.

Hope so too, it would be a total disservice.

• Well... Molly and Jane from TWD never even met, but people started to ship them too. Exaggeration...

How the hell do you even know she fancied Gared? just because they showed a one minute scene with Talia and Gared showing that she actually cares about him makes them lovers? how the fuck does that even work?

• People ship them? That I didn't know.

Well... Molly and Jane from TWD never even met, but people started to ship them too. Exaggeration...

• Ouch, sorry, it was Molly/Lilly, Lilly/Jane. Still, it makes no sense.

People ship them? That I didn't know.

• I guess people enjoy doing 'what if's' with shipping.

Ouch, sorry, it was Molly/Lilly, Lilly/Jane. Still, it makes no sense.

• Well, I actually ship Gared x Talia, Asher x Beskha and Mira x Morgryn but I'm trying not to take the shipping thing too seriously just like in TFTBL section.

I'm doing this just for fun, even though these ships will never happen.

• edited September 2015

Maybe they will happen. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Well, I actually ship Gared x Talia, Asher x Beskha and Mira x Morgryn but I'm trying not to take the shipping thing too seriously just like in TFTBL section. I'm doing this just for fun, even though these ships will never happen.

• edited September 2015

Like there was one thread talking about Talia x Gared... this is AWAY from becoming Tales section. There are almost none shipping threads and comments in this section, I think you're making a big deal out of nothing.

EDIT: Mehhh now there's two, but still it'll fade away soon.

• I doubt they will :P

Especially two:

Gared x Talia and Asher x Beskha cuz:

Why Gared x Talia not going to happen:

1. Cuz everything.

Why Asher x Beskha is not going to happen:

1. Asher (and probably Beskha) is (are) determinant character(s) so there is a high possibility for this ship to sink.
    2. Asher and Beskha are more like a brother and sister.
    SerMarve posted: »

Maybe they will happen. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Yeah, I know. d: Mira x Morgryn would be interesting though. A handmaiden with a noble lord? Now that's something.

I doubt they will :P Especially two: Gared x Talia and Asher x Beskha cuz: Why Gared x Talia not going to happen: * Cuz everyt

• I would like to see what Telltale is going to do with Mira and Morgryn in the finale. And at least Mira and Morgryn are both highborns. :p

SerMarve posted: »

Yeah, I know. d: Mira x Morgryn would be interesting though. A handmaiden with a noble lord? Now that's something.

• Great, another person who thinks that 2 threads make up 50% of a forum.

It's sad that such a great game such as TFTBL has 50% of it's forum talking about ships, but at least they stick to only a few threads, I gu

• people are just blind af that they couldn't identify the differences between bro/sis and m/f relationships.

idgaf if the books and the show has incestuous or pedo relationships because that's never gonna happen in the game.

This message is directed to the people creating the same thread in the ttgot section, esp. the gared x talia ones

• I'm getting really tired of the "hurr durr it's game of thrones durr" excuse.

people are just blind af that they couldn't identify the differences between bro/sis and m/f relationships. idgaf if the books and the sh

• He's talking about Tales section. There are much more threads than 2.

Great, another person who thinks that 2 threads make up 50% of a forum.

• Yeah, I was talking about tales section too.

He's talking about Tales section. There are much more threads than 2.

• edited September 2015

I'm not saying that '2 threads' makes up 50% of the forum. I'm saying that those threads are so active, that it makes up around 50% of what's posted on the Tales forum. You misunderstood, and was sort of rude. I leave a thread on there for 2 days, and there's around 3000 new comments on it, FAR more than any other thread normally gets in its entire run.

Great, another person who thinks that 2 threads make up 50% of a forum.

• But how is that sad? It's sad that people are bonding in there and sharing art and fanfictions of something they like?

I couldn't go without being rude because I see these comments way too much, it's just stupid. Sorry though.

I'm not saying that '2 threads' makes up 50% of the forum. I'm saying that those threads are so active, that it makes up around 50% of what'

• It's not sad that people are shipping, because hell, you should see the amount of ships I have. It's just... I don't know, I feel like there's a lot worth discussing about the game, but they're pushed down because of the shipping stuff.

And, well, I don't like talking about my own ships, because I worry about all the anti-shippers weighing down on me. I see that happen a lot, and I guess a better way of saying it is that it makes me sad, because I feel excluded from the forum.

But how is that sad? It's sad that people are bonding in there and sharing art and fanfictions of something they like? I couldn't go without being rude because I see these comments way too much, it's just stupid. Sorry though.

• It's still 2 threads, and they really can't push down meaningful discussion. If people wanted to make a thread they'd do it. If a thread is worth discussing, it wont get buried because people WILL discuss it, all the discussions get milked dry after like a month, just because no one has any ideas you can't just jump to the conclusion that "oh no it's the stupid shippers stealing our activity".

If you feel theres a lot worth discussing, then make threads about it, I mean seriously people just keep saying that, yet they have no ideas of anything to make.

It's not sad that people are shipping, because hell, you should see the amount of ships I have. It's just... I don't know, I feel like there

• There's 5 shipping threads when I open the TFTBL forum on the first page. I'm not saying that they're stealing activity or anything, I'm just saying that I feel like I can't discuss my own opinions because I'll be judged or something. Even if I made my own thread about them, I don't doubt all those that disagree would quickly tell me so.

But really, I know none of this will change, so I guess it's pretty pointless to talk about it.

It's still 2 threads, and they really can't push down meaningful discussion. If people wanted to make a thread they'd do it. If a thread is

• MIRGRYN

:p I ship Mira x Morgryn too I used to be super into the idea of Asher x Beskha but I've accepted that it probably won't happen (still want it to happen though)

Well, I actually ship Gared x Talia, Asher x Beskha and Mira x Morgryn but I'm trying not to take the shipping thing too seriously just like in TFTBL section. I'm doing this just for fun, even though these ships will never happen.

• Yeah, I know that Basher (or Askha, I prefer Basher) won't ever happen cuz Asher is determinant and he can probably die :p

But I just ship Beskha x Asher for fun ^-^

AgentZ46 posted: »

MIRGRYN I ship Mira x Morgryn too I used to be super into the idea of Asher x Beskha but I've accepted that it probably won't happen (still want it to happen though)

• Not because he's determinant because they have that brother and sister/best friends relationship.

Yeah, I know that Basher (or Askha, I prefer Basher) won't ever happen cuz Asher is determinant and he can probably die But I just ship Beskha x Asher for fun ^-^

• Yeah, this is an another reason why Basher won't happen.

But it's still good shipping something just for fun.

But some people take it a lil' bit too seriously.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Not because he's determinant because they have that brother and sister/best friends relationship.

• I'm not a regular on this section. Are that many people shipping them?

It always struck me as a precocious crush on Talia's part and nothing more.

• I don't know, I feel like there's a lot worth discussing about the game, but they're pushed down because of the shipping stuff.

Sorry, but that logic makes 0 sense, if people want to talk about the game, they will talk about it. The problem is we get a small amount of content every few months or so, so you can only talk about the game so much before you've already watered it down to death. Shipping has 0 to do with it.

It's not sad that people are shipping, because hell, you should see the amount of ships I have. It's just... I don't know, I feel like there

• I have never even thought about Gared x Talia or heard people talking about it until today.

BigBlindMax posted: »

I'm not a regular on this section. Are that many people shipping them? It always struck me as a precocious crush on Talia's part and nothing more.

• edited September 2015

I'm well aware of what happens with the game, I have to wait like everyone else.

I'm sensing my original point was lost somewhere through these posts, so I think we should just stop here. Besides, we all have our opinions, and this isn't helping anyone. I don't want to be one of those people who people look at and think 'Why are they arguing? So pointless.'

Green613 posted: »

I don't know, I feel like there's a lot worth discussing about the game, but they're pushed down because of the shipping stuff. Sorr

• "Basher" is probably the most badass shipping name there is. xD Mirgryn ftw

Yeah, I know that Basher (or Askha, I prefer Basher) won't ever happen cuz Asher is determinant and he can probably die But I just ship Beskha x Asher for fun ^-^

• I'm not arguing with you, I just hate when people spread around the misconception that shipping is putting a halt to actual discussion, because it isn't.

I'm well aware of what happens with the game, I have to wait like everyone else. I'm sensing my original point was lost somewhere through

This discussion has been closed.