Would You Play A TTGoT That Took Place During Robert's Rebellion Instead of A Continuation

I think it would be very interesting for those people that haven't read the books to get the extra back story. But not just that I think you could tell a very interesting story with it. You have one playable character that is a soldier for Robert. As that character you could interact with young Robert and Ned, and fight in famous battles from the war of the Usurper. And then have a character that is a soldier for the Mad King. As that character you could interact with Tywin (who was the kings hand at the time), young Jaime, and even the Mad King himself. There of course would be more playable characters but those are the only ones I can think of right now. And I know the characters I mentioned are way too canaon but I think Tell Tale could make it work. Even if your choices don't end up having that big an impact.

Comments

• But the game is canon to the show, not to the books

• edited September 2015

I think once the movie has been made they could do a DLC or something on it

• Honestly, I would buy anything TellTale does.

• Robert Barantheon woulda been the best playable character in telltale history.

Just think, instead of being silent, we could do the good ole fashioned Robert laugh. Everything he says is pure gold

• That would be better than my idea of playing as one of Robert's soldiers. Playing as Robert himself would be much better. Imagine standing face to face with Rhaygar Targaryen surrounded by thousands of Baratheon and Targaryen soldiers fighting it would be awesome.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Robert Barantheon woulda been the best playable character in telltale history. Just think, instead of being silent, we could do the good ole fashioned Robert laugh. Everything he says is pure gold

• Yes. But all the rebellion still happened in the show just the years are changed slightly.

RAFAELAM96 posted: »

But the game is canon to the show, not to the books

• Also the show doesn't explain a lot of the back story in the Rebellion like the books do. So the game could do it for them.

• And maybe even switching between him and Ned Stark, or even switching between Robert and Lyanna Stark. That would be an epic game.

GRR Martin would never allow this much awesomeness in a telltale game

soysauce posted: »

That would be better than my idea of playing as one of Robert's soldiers. Playing as Robert himself would be much better. Imagine standing f

• Yes, switching between Robert and Ned would be awesome. and having Lyannna as a playable character would be even better.

And maybe even switching between him and Ned Stark, or even switching between Robert and Lyanna Stark. That would be an epic game. GRR Martin would never allow this much awesomeness in a telltale game

• also supposedly hbo is doing a spin off prequel series and one of the main ideas being thrown out is roberts rebellion so it could still be canon to the tv show plan

• Yeah I heard about that. I just think TellTale should make this game instead of a continuation to the Forrester story.

sbk12345 posted: »

also supposedly hbo is doing a spin off prequel series and one of the main ideas being thrown out is roberts rebellion so it could still be canon to the tv show plan

• I know almost nothing about Game of Thrones

Yes. But all the rebellion still happened in the show just the years are changed slightly.

• Yes, I would play it, however I disagree with the idea of playing as one of the big characters (Robert, Ned, Lyanna, etc.) because we know those people's future - what's the point of playing, for example, as Rhaegar and always lose to Robert? Or play as Lyanna to see her POV of whatever happened in the Tower of Joy (Telltale would have to figure out what to show us there)? There's no tension because the playable characters will be always safe or doomed no matter what.
    I think it would be more interesting to play parts in those moments in another way - for example, Barristan Selmy was wounded in the Battle of the Trident according to the books. Let's say our character had to fight him in that battle (doesn't have to be the one the book said wounded Barristan) - if we lose, the character dies and the book guy fights and defeats Selmy ... if we win, our character can claim that victory for himself (doesn't have to be a Valar Morghulis in which we have to replay to get a specific outcome) - we know Barristan won't die, but who will do it will be left open to depend on our performance. Another playable character could be in the Tower of Joy scene and, in the same way, if we survive, we would see what Ned and Howland Reed did (the show may address this issue in the upcoming season) ... if we don't, we don't see what happened next. Since Telltale's game follows the show, they could do it like The Godfather games for PS2, PC, etc. in which the playable character was part of the canon things we know from the first movie (the killings, etc.) without changing it - of course, in that case the char wasn't as ... disposable (for the lack of a better word) as Telltale chars are.

• Maybe we could use outlier characters that were still involved. Maybe Benjin Stark

CSandiego posted: »

Yes, I would play it, however I disagree with the idea of playing as one of the big characters (Robert, Ned, Lyanna, etc.) because we know t

• Benjen was the Stark in Winterfell during the rebellion, he wasn't part of it.

Maybe we could use outlier characters that were still involved. Maybe Benjin Stark

• So he's not involved enough? I don't know enough about the book characters that were involved in the rebellion minus the main show characters (I apologize).

(Maybe I'm wrong but) Benjin did have a chance to see Lyanna and Rhegar ride off in escape, so I just thought itd be cool to bring him up.

Benjen was the Stark in Winterfell during the rebellion, he wasn't part of it.

• He wasn't involved and when Ned returned to Winterfell after the end of the rebellion, he joined the Night's Watch.

Another playable character could be in King's Landing, someone from a House sworn to the Targaryens with the option to fight for the king, betray them and join the Lannisters in the Sack of King's Landing or to flee the city. Telltale would probably want to have the playable characters from the same house, so it requires planning to balance some things to have chars in major locations or close to important chars. It would be fun to fight for their survival knowing what's in store.

So he's not involved enough? I don't know enough about the book characters that were involved in the rebellion minus the main show character

• Maybe we can play as a young Lannister, or Jaime's squire.

I'd love to see the Kingslayer up close, and have the choice to either help him or betray him (although the story will end the same)

He wasn't involved and when Ned returned to Winterfell after the end of the rebellion, he joined the Night's Watch. Another playable char

• I see your point. And I agree. But why can't the game have a few playable characters like the one you described and have at least one major playable character, like Robert or Ned.

Yes, I would play it, however I disagree with the idea of playing as one of the big characters (Robert, Ned, Lyanna, etc.) because we know t

• I've suggested this a few times in numerous posts about this being made, and I say if it comes down to it CD Projekt Red would be the best option. Telltale, while I love cel-shading and multi choice, would be very limited even with non-canon characters. Bethesda, although again a great company, I wouldn't give them GoT to work on.

• Maybe. Less chance of running into canon villains with plot armor.

• They would be perfect. They pretty much already made a GoT game when they made the witcher 3. How hard could it be for them to make an actual GoT game.

Barthanax posted: »

I've suggested this a few times in numerous posts about this being made, and I say if it comes down to it CD Projekt Red would be the best o

• I certainly would, but I would rather play a sequel.

• One of the playable characters could be Gregor's father. He participated in the war and was killed at the Trident, it would be a fitting way to tie things together, in my opinion.

Yeah I heard about that. I just think TellTale should make this game instead of a continuation to the Forrester story.

• That would be interesting, but Martin would never let Telltale do a Robert's Rebellion era game, especially before he reveals what actually happened in the books. It may be possible down the line, but definitely not until the series itself is finished and released.

• That's what I was thinking. Really all they need to do is rename places, remove the monsters and change the characters and they have Game of Thrones in a pinch.

I especially liked when I was dealing with the Red Baron. It seemed like I was in GoT and not the Witcher.

They would be perfect. They pretty much already made a GoT game when they made the witcher 3. How hard could it be for them to make an actual GoT game.

• That profile pic is funny

Clemenem posted: »

I think once the movie has been made they could do a DLC or something on it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.