So... Gared x Talia or Gared x Sylvi?

Comments

• It's Game of Thrones, a Hero deserves to have a powerful woman to tame him.

Kateis posted: »

How about we ship Gared with nobody... Or we could ship Gared with Jon. Because we all know that ship is a more probable ship than any other. :P

• Well, the game makes that ship obvious.

Personally I prefer Fiona but I'm sure she'll remain single at the end of that series... But in exchange she may become a Vault Hunter!

ShampaFK posted: »

The Rhysha people are insane with the amount of activity for that ship. Just ridiculous. I ship Mirgryn and could go either way re Gared (Talia or Sylvi, but definitely not Jon) but we are not crazy like the TFBL people who ship Rhysha.

• [removed]

SazukeEX posted: »

It's Game of Thrones, a Hero deserves to have a powerful woman to tame him.

• Can you be more offending?

The thread is a mutual get-together between people who ships Rhysha, so if you're calling us insane, then gets your facts straight first.

The Rhysha people are insane with the amount of activity for that ship. Just ridiculous. I ship Mirgryn and could go either way re Gared (Talia or Sylvi, but definitely not Jon) but we are not crazy like the TFBL people who ship Rhysha.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited September 2015

Why are people against these ships lmao it's medieval times and girls of 12 marry guys of 18+

George is just depicting things exactly as they were, boys were men grown at about 12, and girls were considered adult women after their first blood. Women were urged to be brood mares in the middle ages, and men were urged to die on the battlefield at 16.

• Can't speak for anyone else, but my personal headcanon is that Jon is demisexual and Gared is bisexual.

So Jon is Bi? Cuz, you know he did get with Ygritte... a wildling girl.

• Clearly Gared x Jon since they had the best chemistry.

• By insane I meant overly enthusiastic. There. Is that better?

Can you be more offending? The thread is a mutual get-together between people who ships Rhysha, so if you're calling us insane, then gets your facts straight first.

• Father figure? Seriously? At most he's seven years older than her. Just how young do you suppose males in the GOT universe began procreating? It is much more likely she thought of him as a brother figure.

RhysAndLee posted: »

I don't ship it, but they've known each other for a while.. (Besides, I don't think Talia would have a crush on him. Maybe Talia would consider him as a brother figure? Probably not crushing.)

• edited September 2015

Both my grandmothers got married to men, my grandpas, when they were fourteen and my grandpas in their early thirties, which may not have been the best option but that's how they did it back then.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Why are people against these ships lmao it's medieval times and girls of 12 marry guys of 18+ George is just depicting things exactly as

• You haven't seen the Rhyiona thread, I suppose.

That thread gets more activity.

By insane I meant overly enthusiastic. There. Is that better?

• edited September 2015

Nobody talks about bloody weddings here, Talia won't marry a lowborn and the free folk don't marry much anyway.
    Would Talia somehow have a premature crush on dad's pigfarmerborn potatofaced sqire anyway he won't come back or he will die as a deserter.
    I don't have anything against Silvy/Gared, she isn't a fragile flower like, say, Sansa or Robb's Jeyne, Silvy is a spearwife, it won't be like an older dude takes advantage of her age and no shame for her in a bit of unwed cuddling. It's just really bad timing for cuddles and not much chemistry. And it's Telltale GoT with no tits or even treats of rape for 5 episodes, so Gared/Silvy is not happening.

Why are people against these ships lmao it's medieval times and girls of 12 marry guys of 18+ George is just depicting things exactly as

• Gared x Sylvi = GALVI. Ftw. YES!

Sylvi's life is not easy, she is cute, loves her brother, hunts, eats rabbits, fights zombies, knows where North Grove is. Talia is annoying. Complains and demands; Ethan you did wrong, Rodrik kill him, kill him. Writes cheesy songs.

enter image description here

• I like the idea of Jon being demi and Gared being bi. I'm adopting those headcanons. :D

Can't speak for anyone else, but my personal headcanon is that Jon is demisexual and Gared is bisexual.

• (Clears throat loudly) .....

No

• Talia is younger than Gared like 14 years old when Gared is 20's.

• Yeah, makes sense as a brother figure.

Pretty much the entire Forrester family considers him as family. (Except Asher?)

Father figure? Seriously? At most he's seven years older than her. Just how young do you suppose males in the GOT universe began procreating? It is much more likely she thought of him as a brother figure.

• I don't want it either for these reasons, but it seems the age gap is the problem to most people rather than the reasons you stated.

Nobody talks about bloody weddings here, Talia won't marry a lowborn and the free folk don't marry much anyway. Would Talia somehow have a

• I don't know why they even made him like little girls like that in the show, there's no signs of him being a creep on girls in the books.

Talia's what, 13, 14 years old? Gared's in his early 20s. He's not Meryn Trant.

• Yeah, they also married off cousins not too long ago. My grandparents are cousins, but I don't think it made my mother deformed or anything luckily.

Both my grandmothers got married to men, my grandpas, when they were fourteen and my grandpas in their early thirties, which may not have been the best option but that's how they did it back then.

• Sansa was 13~14 when she married Tyrion (27). Daenerys was 14 too when she married Drogo (around 30). Although I don't ship Gared with anyone specifically, their age difference is not uncommon in ASOIAF.

AronDracula posted: »

Talia is younger than Gared like 14 years old when Gared is 20's.

• Mine too, on my mom's side. What's worse is that two of my cousins from my mom's side (themselves first cousins) got married. Yet their kid seems okay.

Yeah, they also married off cousins not too long ago. My grandparents are cousins, but I don't think it made my mother deformed or anything luckily.

• For some reason a few people are having a really hard time grasping this.

Abeille posted: »

Sansa was 13~14 when she married Tyrion (27). Daenerys was 14 too when she married Drogo (around 30). Although I don't ship Gared with anyone specifically, their age difference is not uncommon in ASOIAF.

• edited September 2015

To be honest they'd make a shitty couple since Talia is really stubborn, a child, and wants everything on a platter. While Gared is really obedient and kind.

Talia is younger than Gared like 14 years old when Gared is 20's.

• But I love Talia. She is hot XD.

Sandflow posted: »

To be honest they'd make a shitty couple since Talia is really stubborn, a child, and wants everything on a platter. While Gared is really obedient and kind.

• edited September 2015

Hot? How?

Jon Snow is hotter than any female in the game.

Your opinion is invalid.

But I love Talia. She is hot XD.

• ;)

Hot? How? Jon Snow is hotter than any female in the game. Your opinion is invalid.

• Margaery is not much older hat Sansa too. But they are noble ladies of Great Houses that have certain urging political needs. These needs have also led to brides passing from the elder brother, might he die (Joff, Brandon) to the younger one (Tommen, Ned), but this doesn't make it a Westerosi tradition, as some people somehow think, this is all because of their status and current political situation of the house. Same for child marriages: isn't frowned upon much, but isn't a norm either.

Sansa was 13~14 when she married Tyrion (27). Daenerys was 14 too when she married Drogo (around 30). Although I don't ship Gared with anyone specifically, their age difference is not uncommon in ASOIAF.

• That actually seems like a relationship that would work great.

She'd ask for things, and he'd give them to her.

It'd be worse if they were both stubborn and demanding.

• And she does seem to genuinely care for Gared. After all, she shows sympathy for him right away when he returns even though her brother and dad are both dead too. Shows that she is not completely self-centered; hot-headed and whatever else her flaws might be.

That actually seems like a relationship that would work great. She'd ask for things, and he'd give them to her. It'd be worse if they were both stubborn and demanding.

• Predictable, even considering all Mira/Morgrin Sansa/Littlefinger shippers and "ooh, but it's all cool just because good ol' times and ASOIAF" sort of folks out there. And i'd rather it stayed that way, though.

I don't want it either for these reasons, but it seems the age gap is the problem to most people rather than the reasons you stated.

• edited September 2015

You are completely right, it is not some kind of tradition, but that's not the point. The point is that a girl at Talia's age getting married is not something frowned upon on their society, as it is not uncommon because as soon as they bleed for the first time they are considered ready to start having children and therefore to get married. We the players see Talia as a child, but that doesn't mean that the people around her (which may or may not include Gared) see her as a child too. If Talia bled already (if she really is 14 she probably already did), she is considered a woman in Westeros. Yes, she is petite and that makes people uncomfortable, which is why I'm sure this pairing is not happening for the time being (maybe if there is a time skip on the next season).

I guess what I'm saying is that the argument "She is only 14" doesn't mean much on this setting. However, "she is too child-like and shipping her with a grown man makes me uncomfortable, even if he and everyone else around her might see her as a woman" is understandable, I hope (the later is how I feel about it).

Margaery is not much older hat Sansa too. But they are noble ladies of Great Houses that have certain urging political needs. These needs ha

• How about Gared X potato? Imagine the drama!

Potato: "I love you Gared"

Gared: "I love you too potato"

BUT THEN COTTER WALKS IN

Cotter: "P...potato!!! I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!!!"

• edited September 2015

I guess what I'm saying is that the argument "She is only 14" doesn't mean much on this setting. However, "she is too child-like and shipping her with a grown man makes me uncomfortable, even if he and everyone else around her might see her as a woman" is understandable, I hope (the later is how I feel about it).

Especially if you take the books into consideration.

I mean the argument Ned makes against Sansa marrying Joffrey is "She is only 11" and Robert pretty much says "Oh don't worry, we can wait a few years"

So 14 is a pretty standard marriageable age in the books.

You are completely right, it is not some kind of tradition, but that's not the point. The point is that a girl at Talia's age getting marrie

• They don't quite see them as women grown and they are not much ready for kids, though, but no matter, 14-year-olds can into love. It's just that love would have nothing to do with her marriage, if the Forresters mean to survive even after that little armed argument they are having with Whitehills. Now there is no potential allies to marry Talia off to but a few candidates for a forced marriage (Ramsay almost-Bolton-by-now is rather experienced on the subject, by the way), so not a good bloody time to show she is a woman grown by now.

You are completely right, it is not some kind of tradition, but that's not the point. The point is that a girl at Talia's age getting marrie

• Jorah Mormont love story 2.0

• Wow yes exactly.

Jorah Mormont love story 2.0

• Hardly. fFor one thing, Dany is not remotely interested in Jorah romantically. Some people, myself included, think that Talia may have a crush on Gared. Secondly, Jorah is old enough to be Dany's father. Gared is merely seven to ten years older than Talia, possibly less.

Jorah Mormont love story 2.0

• I think they were referring more to Jorah's first wife Lynesse Hightower.

Hardly. fFor one thing, Dany is not remotely interested in Jorah romantically. Some people, myself included, think that Talia may have a cru

• They do see them as women grown enough to marry and to have children after they flowered. Take a look at the Customs page of the Wiki for reference. On Talia's case, her being so petite, a pregnancy could be really risky to her so that adds to the pile of reasons why she shouldn't marry so early, even if technically she could in Westeros. There are a few other problems with marrying her to a defector of the Night's Watch, like the political problem you pointed out, and also Ramsay might want to (illegally) claim the right to the first night.

They don't quite see them as women grown and they are not much ready for kids, though, but no matter, 14-year-olds can into love. It's just

Sign in to comment in this discussion.