Noble Style of Dialogue or Wooden Acting?

I've noticed Daenarys, Cersei, and Mageray seem.... Wooden? or perhaps Plastic. It could be that being nobility they have to plan out every sentence in their head know exactly where to enunciate, where to emphasize, where/what to emote, etc. Or it's poor/forced acting. What do you think?

Comments

• edited September 2015

Well, unlike the Forresters their models are based on an actual person. It's easier for them to animate the Forresters and other original characters because they have all the room they need to work. Whereas with models based on an actual human they have a very specific appearance they're going for. For example, think of Lena Heady and Peter Dinklage and how they'd look animated. Now, think of Mira and how she'd look in live action.

In short, the Forresters (and other original characters) look nothing like their voice actors and don't have to; show characters on the other hand have an actual human appearance they need to match.

Their voices sounding slightly off is probably because they aren't voice actors, if voice acting was easy we'd all be doing it.

On a side note, I like all the posts you do. They really keep the forums from getting too dull.

• Could be i mean as i said though. Daernarys speaks like a queen even if it's a bit hammy and Cersei in a similar but colder way, But yeah like you said the voice actors have more experience so they know how to make their inflections more natural .The V.A isn't bad even if it is a lil bit wood. A hickory smoked steak is still a steak after all. And believe me I know it's not easy been a voice actor myself for the villain of Necroquest Deluxe. Now that was a hammy preformance.

Well, unlike the Forresters their models are based on an actual person. It's easier for them to animate the Forresters and other original ch

• Iwan Rheon is a really good voice actor..

Or maybe it's just easy being Ramsay Snow

• Since TTG's Ramsay looks nothing like the show's Ramsay I assumed it was a different VA too.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Iwan Rheon is a really good voice actor.. Or maybe it's just easy being Ramsay Snow

• Yeah the beard threw me off, but I guess this all happens before he has Reek shave him

CapnJay posted: »

Since TTG's Ramsay looks nothing like the show's Ramsay I assumed it was a different VA too.

• It's funny how Ramsay looks different in the books, show and game. Iwan Rheon nails the voice acting though.

Since TTG's Ramsay looks nothing like the show's Ramsay I assumed it was a different VA too.

• Granted i've only seen show ramsay in one scene and his mouth was full. but it's still hard to imagine little simon grew up into ramsay snow.

Little Simon

SerMarve posted: »

It's funny how Ramsay looks different in the books, show and game. Iwan Rheon nails the voice acting though.

• Their VA's were great. It just felt like pandering to Show watchers

• Beard grows pretty fast you know, so a travel from Dreadfort to Ironrath without shaving and he'd surely have a stubble.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Yeah the beard threw me off, but I guess this all happens before he has Reek shave him

• I've always thought that Ramsay looks a lot like he does in the show. Well, mostly in Episode 4 and 5, because I'm pretty sure they updated his model.

• I think the voices are great. They clearly make their voices like that because they're planning each word carefully, due to their positions.

• Simon is a sweetheart. Too bad he was in three seasons only.

Granted i've only seen show ramsay in one scene and his mouth was full. but it's still hard to imagine little simon grew up into ramsay snow.

• So was Nathan. Nathan might have been a foul mouthed, perverted, jerk some times. But he meets Marni who is already pregnant and immediately marries her and adopts her kid as his own. That's pretty good. They also wrote off kelly though i heard it was an taxi incident with her actress got her fired. BTW first Ramsay then Clea. Which misfit is next?

Simon is a sweetheart. Too bad he was in three seasons only.

• The show kind of lost my interest after Nathan left. Simon was my other favorite, and I missed his old shy and awkward personality in Season 3, to be honest. Kelly was cool too. I just imagined Nathan in the Game Of Thrones universe and it's an amusing thought. xD I think Antonia Thomas could work with GoT, perhaps. Would be cool.

So was Nathan. Nathan might have been a foul mouthed, perverted, jerk some times. But he meets Marni who is already pregnant and immediately

• Take a goood long look at Clea and then imagine her pregnant, smoking, and hanging out with Nathan.

The show kind of lost my interest after Nathan left. Simon was my other favorite, and I missed his old shy and awkward personality in Season

• I think that the voice acting for Cersai, Mageray, and Tyrion is okay, you have to remember they aren't voice actors. No offence to Peter Dinklage but he did do a really bad voice acting job in Destiny. But Ramsay Snow his voice acting is amazing, he doesn't seem wooden, his voice seems natural and not forced. Every time he speaks it seems real, like he isn't reading from a script. And every one else does an amazing job, but that's because they are all professional VA. But that's just my opinion on the voice acting. I think it is great.

• I completely agree. I imagine it's probably a strange concept for an actor to just do the voice, as it may be for a VA to do live action. Regardless, I think the show actors do their job well, even if it's not perfect.

soysauce posted: »

I think that the voice acting for Cersai, Mageray, and Tyrion is okay, you have to remember they aren't voice actors. No offence to Peter Di

• During full acting you walk around the set in your wardrobe with other people in theirs and you get to get into the minds of your characters you can do voice acting in your pajamas so it's a bit less fluid.

I completely agree. I imagine it's probably a strange concept for an actor to just do the voice, as it may be for a VA to do live action. Regardless, I think the show actors do their job well, even if it's not perfect.

• Where is this from? (I don't have a tv and live under a rock)

Granted i've only seen show ramsay in one scene and his mouth was full. but it's still hard to imagine little simon grew up into ramsay snow.

• Maybe when people do voice acting they should wear the costume and act out the scene. Like with motion capture, with that you get the voice and the actor knows what is happening. When TT does voice acting all of the actors don't sit in a room and do it together. they record all of the voices at separate times with all of the actors in separate rooms.

During full acting you walk around the set in your wardrobe with other people in theirs and you get to get into the minds of your characters you can do voice acting in your pajamas so it's a bit less fluid.

• Well, Kit's voice acting in the game is also great :D

soysauce posted: »

I think that the voice acting for Cersai, Mageray, and Tyrion is okay, you have to remember they aren't voice actors. No offence to Peter Di

• Yeah it's okay. He keeps the same tone all the time. It's basically just Kit talking. But I agree he does do a good job.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Well, Kit's voice acting in the game is also great

• It's from Misfits, a show that started in 2009 and ended in 2013. You should watch it, the episodes can be found online.

Where is this from? (I don't have a tv and live under a rock)

• Thanks.

It's from Misfits, a show that started in 2009 and ended in 2013. You should watch it, the episodes can be found online.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.