Maester Ortengryn

edited September 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Does anyone know if he is coming back for the finale? He was not seen at all in 'A Nest of Vipers'.. it makes me believe he has fled Ironrath, but then again Maesters are meant to serve for life, he isn't seen or mentioned at all.

It was hard enough believing he was 26 years old, he sounded like he was in his late thirties-mid fourties, but does anyone know/think he is coming back or will he be forgotten?

I sure hope he returns, he's a good guy.

Iron From Ice.

Comments

• I don't think he has fled. Maester who are assigned to a house, is suppose to serve for life.

I think he is just resting after the heavy beating he took from Gryff and his men. I think he will return in episode 6 and will be a part of the council meeting as the remaining Forresters discuss their strategy against the Whitehills.

• I sure hope so. Some people say that Ortengryn was to say that Gryff was gone from his cellar instead of Royland/Duncan, sporting a bandage over his hand.

I don't think he has fled. Maester who are assigned to a house, is suppose to serve for life. I think he is just resting after the heavy

• I hope so. I like him and wish they'd use him more.

• I would like for him to come back. I always kind of hated him though because I thought he was going to be the traitor. Or I wished he would be the traitor, than I think it would have been a better twist, but instead we got either Royland or Duncan which ever one you didn't pick as sentinel.

• I'm hoping he'll show back up too, especially for people like myself who chose Asher, if he doesn't help mend that leg then it's going to be a real short battle in our future. The reason I like to believe that he wasn't present in episode 5 was due to the beating he got from Gryff in episode 4, he was simply recovering from his own injuries.

• why do people say it? is there a prooth?

IR0NR4TH posted: »

I sure hope so. Some people say that Ortengryn was to say that Gryff was gone from his cellar instead of Royland/Duncan, sporting a bandage over his hand.

• Makes sense.

I'm hoping he'll show back up too, especially for people like myself who chose Asher, if he doesn't help mend that leg then it's going to be

• Wow just realized he wasn't in episode 5...

Well if you picked Asher, I hope he is there treating the leg wound

• I reckon leg wounds are Ortengryn's specialty. Yes, he wasn't too sure with Rodrik's and we still wonder whatever happened to Gared's leg maggots but at least the wounds didn't fester like a certain Whitehill soldier; yes hand wound but still.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.