Pretty sure this is the North Grove.

2»

Comments

• Just the certain attitude of some people :D

Tyranitar posted: »

Who is being a "knob"

• I don't think it's likely, but it seems too identical to be coincidental.

kaza125 posted: »

Yay, someone is helping me I didn't expect so many people to try to debunk my theory so it's a alot to handle

• I don't think it's completely ludicrous, just unlikely for the reasons stated, namely will Telltale want to elaborate on a character who in canon we know very little about and the map thing. On the first point you could say that maybe they wouldn't elaborate that much, and on the second we don't know the exact location of the Three-Eyed Raven's cave and perhaps Gregor's map is off a bit. It does have consistency with the few descriptions of the North Grove, namely being a 'forest within a forest' (its cave system) and being a 'fortress' (the wards).

My own speculation isn't a million miles away, I reckon it might have something to do with the Children of the Forest having some connection to the ironwood as they do to weirwood, perhaps leaving some forgotten technique or artifact relating to it.

The one theory I am willing to dismiss is the idea that it's just a stash of ironwood, which would be both boring and impractical. How's Gared supposed to get it back, U-Haul?

• House Seaworth, Clegane, Blackfyre and many more very "new" houses were formed after Brynden Rivers' birth. Just saying :P

But almost every house in Westeros also existed before Brynden Rivers and after him. The only one I can even think of that doesn't fit that would be House Baelish.

• Wow... I thought it would be a lot farther from the wall with how long it took Bran to get there.

• Nobody that's disagreed with you has insulted you, however you just insulted them, congratulations.

Not gunna lie, some of you guys have kinda been dicks All I have done is just stated a theory, and some of you are like "NO THAT'S WRONG, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?" Feel free to debunk me as I've said, but you don't need to be a knob about it

• edited August 2015

Right. There are more then just House Baelish, I just couldn't think of any of the top of my head when I wrote the comment.

I was just trying to point out that the vast majority of houses in Westeros are ancient. Unlike the real world important dynasties very rarely fall, so almost all of them would have been around before Bloodraven.

AWESOMEO posted: »

House Seaworth, Clegane, Blackfyre and many more very "new" houses were formed after Brynden Rivers' birth. Just saying :P

• edited August 2015

It's not a bad theory, it's just impossible to pull-off within a Telltale Game. The show hasn't even begun to explore BR, his personnality and the Children of the forest. It won't happen through that kind of media.

And like I said Bran's story is unique, not even the Starks who have been living for thousands of years dreamt something like this would happen, he was the one chosen for this. If everyone just starts showing up there like it's no big deal it undermines and ruins all the work till now.

Yay, someone is helping me I didn't expect so many people to try to debunk my theory so it's a alot to handle

• edited August 2015

How many weirwoods are there in the North, the Children of the Forest have created quite a bunch. I'm not surprised one could be linked to another northern legend

I don't think it's likely, but it seems too identical to be coincidental.

• It's possible.

_DIO_ posted: »

How many weirwoods are there in the North, the Children of the Forest have created quite a bunch. I'm not surprised one could be linked to another northern legend

• I apologize that you think a lot of people are going out of their way to be rude to you. However, you come across as very demanding when stating your evidence. For instance, your main argument is a few pictures from the show that match up to the map. And, while they look like they could be related to you, they don't even seem related in the slightest to a lot of other people, yet when others pile on tons of evidence to debunk your theory, it just doesn't seem to be enough for you, and you expect us to give you more, even when you've given so little yourself. It's very frustrating. Sorry.

Not gunna lie, some of you guys have kinda been dicks All I have done is just stated a theory, and some of you are like "NO THAT'S WRONG, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?" Feel free to debunk me as I've said, but you don't need to be a knob about it

• If they leave the North Grove reveal for season 2 me and many others won't continue to play cause after the horrible written Episode 5 they have a lot to make up for in the season finale.

HelloMyLord posted: »

Imagine if telltale leaves the North Grove for season 2 ? That would be the nastiest move ever

• You know calling people dick while putting a smiley face does not make it okay lol

• You do realise I have submitted to a few things people have commented on this thread? And what's wrong with defending my theory? Even though poeple are putting evidence against, I still think my evidence still outweighs their comments.

I apologize that you think a lot of people are going out of their way to be rude to you. However, you come across as very demanding when sta

• edited August 2015

Duncan said It's a protected citadel of sorts yet cotter said It's a sceret forest within a forest.

• edited September 2015

I'm pretty sure he's right.

a comment later

"I don't think it's likely,"

It's possible.

• We might meet Bran if this is true

• anyone else think they hyped this thing too much??? its clear that this thing cant be so important because then why dont the starks or someone else know about it and use it.

• They location seemed to be spot on, but it didn't make too much sense story-wise. So I said it made sense, but wasn't likely. God, people can be really picky here.

I'm pretty sure he's right. a comment later "I don't think it's likely,"

• they cant make shit inpact the cannon
    cough cough
    scooter s death anyone from tales from the borderlands
    on a spin off game?
    anyone (would be awesome to see gared on the show tho)

_DIO_ posted: »

Bloodraven never called that tree the North Grove in the novels, besides they can't make the Forresters impact the canon. I seriously doubt

• it just was funny how you thought he was right a comment before and then you thought its unlikely.

They location seemed to be spot on, but it didn't make too much sense story-wise. So I said it made sense, but wasn't likely. God, people can be really picky here.

• I still think he's right, the location seems right, but the problem that makes it unlikely is that I don't think it fits the plot.

it just was funny how you thought he was right a comment before and then you thought its unlikely.

• I just remembered that bran isn't in S5 at all, so Gared could fit in that gap an leave when S6 starts

I still think he's right, the location seems right, but the problem that makes it unlikely is that I don't think it fits the plot.

• edited September 2015

Tales is already confirmed canon by gearbox, they have been adding to the writing with telltale, why do people keep saying it's not? They even say it in the trailer as part of the timeline.

UrbanRodrik posted: »

they cant make shit inpact the cannon cough cough scooter s death anyone from tales from the borderlands on a spin off game? anyone (would be awesome to see gared on the show tho)

• Great point. If the North Grove is really important then it should be more then just a wilding myth to the north (especially the Starks).

Although even Rodrik knew about the North Grove, and no one (I presume, unless the writers added his knowledge in randomly to episode 5) told him about it.

jamex1223 posted: »

anyone else think they hyped this thing too much??? its clear that this thing cant be so important because then why dont the starks or someone else know about it and use it.

• I really don't think we will see the North Grove until season 2. And I doubt Bran would be involved, until the following seasons.

But one thing that is throwing me off is the title of episode 6. How will an Ice Dragon come into play, and be a main part of the episode if none (to my understanding, but I only know from the show) are known to exist. Is this a product of the white walkers, or of the wildings?

• edited September 2015

It's not necessarily a real ice dragon.

In the world of GoT, The Ice Dragon is a constellation of stars that people use to get their bearings. If you follow it's eye, a bright blue star, you will head North, if you follow it's tail, it will take you South.

The North Grove is said to be "under the watchful eye of the ice dragon" this could indicate how to find the grove (go until the Ice Dragon's eye is directly overhead), instead of suggesting that an actual ice dragon is there.

There could also be a cosmic event involving the ice dragon constellation that all the characters witness. In the books/show there is a red comet that is witnessed by everyone at the end of the first book/season and beginning of the second book/season and is given different meanings. (e.g. the Night's Watchs call it "Mormont's Torch" and believes it gives them a light and protection during their great ranging, Dany believes it represents Drogo's transition to the afterlife as well as a herald for her own coming and a sign of where she should go next, Old Nan tells Bran that the comet is a foretelling that Dragons have been born etc.)

ShaneGrimes posted: »

I really don't think we will see the North Grove until season 2. And I doubt Bran would be involved, until the following seasons. But one

• edited September 2015

his father told him and duncan about it, and because rodrick "died" in episode 1 lord forester told him to say it only to duncan

Great point. If the North Grove is really important then it should be more then just a wilding myth to the north (especially the Starks).

• Makes so much more sense... Never really heard the ice dragon metaphor in the show.. But maybe that's my fault. Thanks for clearing it up.

It's not necessarily a real ice dragon. In the world of GoT, The Ice Dragon is a constellation of stars that people use to get their bear

• Ahh that is true.

his father told him and duncan about it, and because rodrick "died" in episode 1 lord forester told him to say it only to duncan

• I don't know if it's ever been mentioned specifically in the show.

It's mentioned a couple times in the books.

• It's how Bran navigates his way North. Jojen says it is too dangerous to use the Kingsroad (since Ramsay Bolton knows that he and Rickon are alive) so they instead use the Ice Dragon to ensure they continue North.
    • Jon uses it to navigate beyond the wall, he thinks to himself that the Ice Dragon and him are old friends.
    • Sam uses it to find his way back to the wall (by following the Ice Dragon's Tail which points south) when he escapes Craster's with Gilly.

Makes so much more sense... Never really heard the ice dragon metaphor in the show.. But maybe that's my fault. Thanks for clearing it up.

• Yeah these are important things that were left out of the show.

I know for sure that Sam and Gilly (in the show) went back to Castle Black with no explanation how they found they're way back.

I don't know if it's ever been mentioned specifically in the show. It's mentioned a couple times in the books. * It's how Bran navig

Sign in to comment in this discussion.