Hate on Episode 5

Episode 5 was in my opinion, the best of the series.

Yes, short but it had so much emotion and it was a very great effort from TTG.

People will call me stupid but I found the whole traitor thing amazing, two men fighting for the role they both think they deserved and not the other and having not been given that honor then works for the enemy as an act of revenge.

The last decision was emotional, it took me 47 days to make a choice. (I went with leaving Asher behind).

Everyone needs to stop slagging this game off, it is Telltale's best performance working on a game, this beats The Walking Dead and it's episode 5 ending scene.

This ending scene for Episode 5, was more emotional, two brothers and both cannot be lost yet one has to fall to let the other lead. Although, I would have made two minor change and left Asher behind regardless. The boy who was exiled and came back with some swords, a boy who fulfilled his family, his duty and his honor.

And explaining how Arthur was captured if he accompanied you to Highpoint.

The whole episode was absolutely sensational,

Iron From Ice.

Comments

• Well to be fair, it had some flaws but it was still a great episode. :D

I mean my friends that played episode 5 enjoyed it.

Well, I'm okay with the hate of episode 5 but hating the whole game cuz of only one episode...? Wow... This is how the humanity became, didn't it? ._.

• I liked the traitor situation, I think it was very Game of Thrones like.

• This says more about you, than the game.

• I definitely liked this episode, but I don't really think it was like mind blowingly amazing. Definitely had it's downs but I really don't think they outweigh the ups in anyway. It's average IMO :p

• 47 days?....

• Each to their own I suppose :D
    I won't say anything, because all the flaws have been laid out, but hey, if you enjoyed it, good for you :)

• Lmao exactly what I was thinking.

I mean I definetly took like 10 min to figure it out but damn... That's a month and a half. Asher and Rodrick were holding that wheel forever

Wigams posted: »

47 days?....

• This has been discussed over and over again. You're not really defending the episode as much as saying "It was great because I liked it."

• So the people "hating" on it are just saying "It was bad because I didn't like it"?

Clemenem posted: »

This has been discussed over and over again. You're not really defending the episode as much as saying "It was great because I liked it."

• Gryff's face bug, Ramsay being able to capture the Glennmore soldiers the same way and it being shorter than the average Telltale episode are all facts that can be debated

So the people "hating" on it are just saying "It was bad because I didn't like it"?

• 47 days later

Asher: "So...Bro...How long have we been holding the wheel?"

Rodrik: "I don't know bro. For some reason, the Whitehills decided to take out their camping gear and set up tent."

Asher: "It is super strange and so did Royland, Beskha and the others as well. They started camping outside too."

Rodrik: "Gryff brought us soup, bread and meat every day, while we were holding."

Asher: "Aye, that is awfully nice of him."

Gryff approaches the two brothers.

Gryff: "Hey guys, the director has decided that Asher is going to die. We can finally move on!"

Asher and Rodrik: "Awesome! Let's do it!"

Gryff: "Everyone! Pack your tents, we shoot now!"

After Asher has been killed, Gryff and the Whitehills are looking at his corpses with a smug look.

IR0NR4TH: "And...Cut!"

Asher stop playing dead and Harys helps him up, giving him a pat on the shoulder and have a friendly smile on his face.

Harys:" You did well, Asher!"

Asher: "Thanks man!"

Gryff puts an arm around Asher's shoulder.

Gryff: "Come on. Let's go film episode 6."

Asher: "Aye, I can't wait to kick your ass." [He said with a friendly tone and everyone around them laughed.]

Asher, Gryff, the Whitehills and the filming crew starts packing up and leave the set.

((I meant no disrespect to IR0NR4TH. I mostly did this for fun. :) ))

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Lmao exactly what I was thinking. I mean I definetly took like 10 min to figure it out but damn... That's a month and a half. Asher and Rodrick were holding that wheel forever

• That is the best thing I have ever read. Why the hell can't everything be that way in the game. This has broken my heart.

47 days later Asher: "So...Bro...How long have we been holding the wheel?" Rodrik: "I don't know bro. For some reason, the Whitehills

• edited September 2015

Sorry to say but the episode was rushed, poorly animated and choreographed and has an obvious ending that's too much like the TV show, to set up the final. What point does Miri have? To find out who is testifying on Tyrion's behalf? Pointless, it never matters because Tyrion finds out you work for Cerci no matter what. What point does Gared have? He goes a little bit further north, some blue eyed undead attack, that's about it, You find out nothing about the North Grove or how it's vital to House Forester's survival. At the forefront of House Forester is Asher and his 7 Sellswords, with Rodrick and his like 4 or 5 men (remember this is supposed to be their entire army), in what was supposed to be a fight for their lives and freedom, instead the Whitehills pull a Walder Fry and shoot them down. As heartbreaking as TWD S2 Final with Kenny and Jane was, I wished I felt that same emotion with this episode.

• Everyone has a different opinion, get used to it .__.

Fergudooby posted: »

Sorry to say but the episode was rushed, poorly animated and choreographed and has an obvious ending that's too much like the TV show, to se

• Yes, I 100% present agree Episode five is my favorite episode of GoT season one. The ending choice was great, all of those people that say it's bad story telling to have Asher do all of that work just to die in the end, obviously haven't heard of a plot twist or tragedy before. When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking "Oh great another one of these GoT hate threads" but I'm glad it wasn't IR0NR4TH you are the best person on this forum, for making the bad day I was having into a good day. Thank you.

• Am I still allowed to like it, even if it doesn't live up to your standard?

Sorry to say but the episode was rushed, poorly animated and choreographed and has an obvious ending that's too much like the TV show, to se

• OF COURSE

Am I still allowed to like it, even if it doesn't live up to your standard?

• (Just read this in a narrator voice)

And here we see a wild 'Fergudooby' in it's forum habitat. It is the only one left of it's kind and while some species of this wild forum environment like and agree with the 'Fergudooby' some find it's pure criticisms of TTGoT annoying and therefore tend to disagree with the 'Fergudooby'. Some say that the 'Fergudooby's' opinions are a bit much while others agree with it and will take the opinion to the death along with the 'Fergudooby'. It spends it's days almost hating on TTGoT ever since it had made itself known in this very habitat only a week ago.

• Those criticism posts in every GoT thread get so annoying .-.

Can't they just keep their posts in the criticism thread and be done with it? .-.

Kateis posted: »

(Just read this in a narrator voice) And here we see a wild 'Fergudooby' in it's forum habitat. It is the only one left of it's kind and

• Have you seen the TWD forum? I'm sorry Wolfenus, it's going to be like this as long as this forum is active. If there is anything this whole forum likes more than shipping, it's criticism on every thread possible.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Those criticism posts in every GoT thread get so annoying .-. Can't they just keep their posts in the criticism thread and be done with it? .-.

• Wow...

I'm only one month in the community and shit is hitting the fan already T_T

Have you seen the TWD forum? I'm sorry Wolfenus, it's going to be like this as long as this forum is active. If there is anything this whole forum likes more than shipping, it's criticism on every thread possible.

• Stay strong, brother. Don't let some bad stuff cloud the good stuff.

Wow... I'm only one month in the community and shit is hitting the fan already T_T

• Well you're on this ride now, it only gets more shitty from here on out.

Wow... I'm only one month in the community and shit is hitting the fan already T_T

• And this is why I'm usually hanging out in the Tales' threads.

I think the GoT's thread are too toxic and got people be banned already.

insert a meme saying "The 'shit' in this forum is over 9000."

Stay strong, brother. Don't let some bad stuff cloud the good stuff.

• I can only imagine. :|

Luckily that I wasn't here in the time when TWD's forum was very toxic.

Well you're on this ride now, it only gets more shitty from here on out.

• I like episode 5 but consider it to be the weakest, though it does have the second best ending so far in the series.

• I think that the entire got game simplifies the premise of game of thrones a lot.
    That said, i still like the game a lot. it made me want to revisit the series and now i am reading the books. I think the biggest issue with the game is not even that the choices don't really matter (which is annoying but the story is still alright), but that it doesn't really grasp the intelligence of the original series... in got, it's not that the bad guys always win, it's that the clever player wins. A lot of parts in the story just feel like cheap, emotional shock moments (like arthurs death.. here would have been a good point to give the player choices that actually matter, because the clever player should be rewarded) or the meaningless death of finn (worse than nick on a fence). I think, simplified, the got game has just been overestimated a lot. If we would take it for what it is - a very simple but fun little game - a lot of us would probably have been happier. It feels like a really nice fanfiction maybe, not like it should be a real part of the got canon, because there is just too much dramatic plot convenience involved, a lot of stupid character decisions, a very stiff atmosphere.... Episode 5 just brought this to the climax. Thats probably why people hate it so much.

BUT IMPORTANT! I think that it's totally fine to like something, i always thought that fiction is escapism and that as long as you are having fun, theres nothing wrong with that. But other people just aren't gonna agree with each other on the quality of something.

• It wasn't a bad episode at all. Kept me entertained at the very least. It may have some problems, but overall it's not as bad as some people here would have you believe. A good set up for what hopefully will be an amazing finale... I hope.

• Fair play brother.

Iron From Ice.

47 days later Asher: "So...Bro...How long have we been holding the wheel?" Rodrik: "I don't know bro. For some reason, the Whitehills

• edited September 2015

Nope, but they've already given countless reasons as to why it was bad. It's been argued again and again and the people that disliked it are right.

Reason (I disliked it because ____) > Emotion ("but guys... I liked it")

So the people "hating" on it are just saying "It was bad because I didn't like it"?

• The fighting pit sequence was the best.

• edited September 2015

Nothing I said was "Toxic" at all, I stated legitimate, honest reasons for my dislike of this episode. You only think I'm bashing the game because you can't acknowledge any opinion but your own

• I find it kinda funny how so many people started hating the whole game because of one opisode. Ep 5 wasnt the best in my opinion, but it wasnt as bad as people say. And the final scene was very emotional for me.

• You must consider, that the main problem of the episode, in this case the traitor scene, was determant by your Decisions in the previous episodes. So the Things you did in those episode were actually non-sensical for alot of players.

Btw. I am really Not the biggest fan of the GoT game but i Don't understand the amount of complaints because of Gryffs face. I mean it's a little and simple glitch that exists in EVERY Telltale Game due the engine. Like Clementines eyes turns White. Or Rhys's Echo-Eye. It's not worth all the complaints. If you complain consentrate on the important things. Just so you Know.

Kathara6 posted: »

I find it kinda funny how so many people started hating the whole game because of one opisode. Ep 5 wasnt the best in my opinion, but it wasnt as bad as people say. And the final scene was very emotional for me.

• edited June 2017

Nothing I said was "Toxic" at all, I stated legitimate, honest reasons for my dislike of this episode. You only think I'm bashing the game because you can't acknowledge any opinion but your own

• How can Asher kick Gryffs ass in Episode 6 if he's dead?

• Yeah, the traitor scene wasnt good. It was like telltale tried to show that choices mattered, but failed. And i disliked the scene with Tyrion. But this episode still had its moments and i would not call it bad.

GSSalvador posted: »

You must consider, that the main problem of the episode, in this case the traitor scene, was determant by your Decisions in the previous epi

• edited September 2015

That's just the nature of opinions, no one's ever wrong about how they personally feel about a game. I don't hate this game, hell, I really enjoyed episodes 2-4, I really wanted to like it, I suppose I have mixed feelings about Game of Thrones in general, losing characters I really cared about, then the game follows that pretty much exactly, so maybe that's the source of my frustration, that and the pointless choices from time to time.

Jovoltrot posted: »

• Of course it's not THAT bad but it's not THAT good either. It's like a 6/10 Episode. It would probably 1-2 points lower if the ending was different.

Kathara6 posted: »

Yeah, the traitor scene wasnt good. It was like telltale tried to show that choices mattered, but failed. And i disliked the scene with Tyrion. But this episode still had its moments and i would not call it bad.

• Well, I've heard that Telltale will try to fix the glitch and the best as they can.

But really, there are many glitches in Telltale games that no one ever complained.

GSSalvador posted: »

You must consider, that the main problem of the episode, in this case the traitor scene, was determant by your Decisions in the previous epi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.