Telltale, your schtick is done!

Be an asshole to the other Squire

Leave him behind so he dies

He would have died anyways, wouldn't he?

Tell the drunk that I let his squire die

He couldn't care less

Kill the Bolt

Everyone gets pissed off, but they would have blamed me for a murder anyways, wouldn't they?

Tell the secret to the Maester and the Lady

Lie and say I didn't tell anyone else

Won't matter

Be an asshole to the Boltons

They'd be angry anyways

Be an asshole to the god damn queen regent and essentially tell her to fuck off and that I would kill the king if I had the chance

She gets mad but doesn't do shit about it. Wow, I'm more powerful than the queen regent. COOL!

Accept Tyrion's scheme so I can try to be in trouble

Tell Sera to fuck off

Beg Mira for help so I can get her in trouble

She didn't help anyways

Run away when they hear me

If I stayed still, they wouldn't have caught me either, would they?

Cut his fingers off

Either they revolt because I was mean or because I'm weak.

Don't let my mother go after my exiled brother

Doesn't matter, they go after him anyways

Make the old stupid swordsman that wants to fight an army 10 times our size the main councilor

Follow all of his advice

Piss off Ramsey by being as much of a contrarian stubborn fighter to him

Get killed

Let me guess, he would have killed me even if I negotiated with him and let him take my sister. No, in fact, I bet my sister wouldn't have been taken anyways

Telltale, your tricks don't work anymore. Your schtick is done.

Comments

• Kinda late to the party amigo, but thankfully the other couple people above have you covered.

• Schtick? What's 'schtick'?

• Buddy, you want to criticise the game? Post that thing to the criticism thread instead of creating an another one! And for fuck's sake, for everyone who wants to criticise the game, keep the criticism to your goddamn self! 'Nuff said!

• Be an asshole to the other Squire

Leave him behind so he dies

He would have died anyways, wouldn't he?

Actually he would live and help you out, but he's never seen again after the Red Wedding.

Kill the Bolt

Everyone gets pissed off, but they would have blamed me for a murder anyways, wouldn't they?

Not for that guy, the one you have a choice to kill is a Whitehill, they only blame you for the death of the bolton (the one you either killed with a pitchfork or an ax) because it's unavoidable.

Run away when they hear me

If I stayed still, they wouldn't have caught me either, would they?

Nope you wouldn't have been caught, you get an extra scene after they leave to look at the flayed man.

Cut his fingers off

Either they revolt because I was mean or because I'm weak.

No one revolts at all, if you cut his fingers off or let him go nothing really happens, but send him to The Wall and you can see and interact with him for a few episodes.

• I fail to see the point you're trying to make, unless you're point is "ugh my choices don't matter"

Someday a member will start an actual discussion about the games story... a person can dream.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited September 2015

Post that thing to the criticism thread instead of creating an another one!

Technically that isn't an official thread, so it doesn't have to go in there.

And for fuck's sake, for everyone who wants to criticise the game, keep the criticism to your goddamn self! 'Nuff said!

They really shouldn't since this is a forum and we're allowed to talk about multiple points of view, whether or not they are repeated over and over again, they can say what they want.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Buddy, you want to criticise the game? Post that thing to the criticism thread instead of creating an another one! And for fuck's sake, for everyone who wants to criticise the game, keep the criticism to your goddamn self! 'Nuff said!

• edited September 2015

Yeah, but it's really annoying for people to create threads by saying how much bad the game is. Everytime I check the GoT section, it's almost always about how much bad the game is or the choices not mattering. We've seen many threads that are similar. No need to create an another thread that is about exactly the same thing.

dojo32161 posted: »

Post that thing to the criticism thread instead of creating an another one! Technically that isn't an official thread, so it doesn't

• Is there something you want to discuss about, Agent? :)

AgentZ46 posted: »

I fail to see the point you're trying to make, unless you're point is "ugh my choices don't matter" Someday a member will start an actual discussion about the games story... a person can dream.

• You hear that, Telltale? Sorry, but you've been cancelled. Pack it in. Scrap the Minecraft game, tell all the talented voice actors to go home, scrub the digital files, and have the animators and writers and programmers clean out their desks.

Because bigboss0 says your schtick is done, and, well, clearly he is the Big Boss. Says so right in his name. What can you do? It's been decreed. Time to pack it in.

• Well, you win best gif of the day.

• That GIF explains how I feel about this thread right now. Literally shaking my head in disgust.

• ^_^ not right now I just wish people would speculate and discuss the characters more but I appreciate the offer.

Is there something you want to discuss about, Agent?

• Alright. Just know that if you want to discuss something, feel free to send me a PM. :)

AgentZ46 posted: »

^_^ not right now I just wish people would speculate and discuss the characters more but I appreciate the offer.

• Guys, he joined the forum today and the FIRST thing he does is that he writes pointless mock thread about the FIRST episode.
    Seems a little fishy to me...

• Lol "Telltale your schtick is done."

"Latest post by aManWhoLovesTelltale"

Guys, he joined the forum today and the FIRST thing he does is that he writes pointless mock thread about the FIRST episode. Seems a little fishy to me...

• I'll keep that in mind :)

Alright. Just know that if you want to discuss something, feel free to send me a PM.

• To be fair he most likely created an account to share how he feels about the game. I don't think there's anything fishy about it really :p

Guys, he joined the forum today and the FIRST thing he does is that he writes pointless mock thread about the FIRST episode. Seems a little fishy to me...

• What a shame, people were really looking forward to Walking Dead: Season 3 as well. ;)

cussbunny posted: »

You hear that, Telltale? Sorry, but you've been cancelled. Pack it in. Scrap the Minecraft game, tell all the talented voice actors to go ho

• nah

you don't even know if Bowen dies, we just never see him again

oh this is terrible

telltale will never recover from this post

• (?) Telltale will remember that.

Lewsblake23 posted: »

nah you don't even know if Bowen dies, we just never see him again oh this is terrible telltale will never recover from this post

• Hey guys, look on the bright side, at least it's not about episode 5.

• enter image description here

You know, upon looking at this bright side I soon realised that amongst the light darkness still existed. Before long the light was consumed by darkness... There was a bright side but considering what the thread is about, darkness took over anyway and negativity still rules over positivity.

dojo32161 posted: »

Hey guys, look on the bright side, at least it's not about episode 5.

• dojo32161 posted: »

Hey guys, look on the bright side, at least it's not about episode 5.

• Thank you for allowing me to be aware that that video exists.

PanJogurt posted: »

"at least it's not about episode 5"

• Oh, God... what have I done?

(?) Telltale will remember that.

• edited September 2015

You have many valid points about the "choices" they have no real repercussions and consequences, Telltale, you need to reinvigorate your formula, except for TFTB, which is on the right track. These choices are bullshit, no alternate outcomes, no meaningful moments where you regret something because of choices you made (well except for that last choice with Asher and Rodrik), the very first thing you see is "The story is tailored by how you play" NO it's not. The story is a one-way track that never deviates or does anything creative, with Tales from the Borderlands, there are many outcomes that completely change the way things play out, many lines of dialogue you may never hear because you made different choices. Relationships can change is TFTB, in GoT, expect everything to stay the same no matter the choices. I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate, but people need to open their eyes, yeah the story is okay, but I play Telltale games for the meaningful choices and relationships between characters, not to watch a one track story where nothing I do matters.

• edited September 2015

And I'm sick of people criticising and hating the game so what can I say? LMAO ;p

Edit: Ha. Nice edit, bruh.

Anyways, to be serious, every choice has its consequences. And yes. The story is tailored by how you play! You don't change it. You make a difference in it. And also, the choices change the relationship with the characters around you. Don't always expect for the story to totally change. That is not how it works.

Fergudooby posted: »

You have many valid points about the "choices" they have no real repercussions and consequences, Telltale, you need to reinvigorate your for

• If you don't mind me asking, what do you want from a Telltale game?

As for the fans, why are you sick and tired of them, if they are defending something they like?

You have many valid points about the "choices" they have no real repercussions and consequences, Telltale, you need to reinvigorate your for

• I think you missed a point of this video and my post.

Thank you for allowing me to be aware that that video exists.

• edited September 2015

Meaningful choices, alternate outcomes, strong character relationships, multiple endings, a plot that can deviate and be creative, strong moral decisions. Game of Thrones does some of these okay, but not so much as their other titles. sorry to say but this game at best is a 6/10

If you don't mind me asking, what do you want from a Telltale game? As for the fans, why are you sick and tired of them, if they are defending something they like?

• Oh my, another one of these threads.

enter image description here

Don't mind me, just here for the comments.

• Why don't you give an opinion of your own?>

Pipas posted: »

Oh my, another one of these threads. Don't mind me, just here for the comments.

• Well, it's normal to compare Game of Thrones with the rest of the Telltale Games. And it's seriously one of the superior titles IMO. Hell, I compare The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. If you have a problem with that, I really don't care ;>

Meaningful choices, alternate outcomes, strong character relationships, multiple endings, a plot that can deviate and be creative, strong mo

• Thats not the problem lol

Well, it's normal to compare Game of Thrones with the rest of the Telltale Games. And it's seriously one of the superior titles IMO. Hell, I compare The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. If you have a problem with that, I really don't care ;>

• it's annoying how some people compare this game to their much better games like TWAU and TWD

Bruh... LMAO

Thats not the problem lol

• edited September 2015

Your completely missing the point, my problem with the game, as I stated above, regards the one track story and lack of strong choices.

it's annoying how some people compare this game to their much better games like TWAU and TWD Bruh... LMAO

• I don't mean for you to take offense to this but I think the reason you, myself, and plenty of others like Tales much better is due to the fact that the series is so light-hearted and funny, and they do a slightly better job with the illusion than in Thrones. Tales just does a better job at hiding that linear path from the player by making jokes and cutting down on the importance of the choices you're supposed to make when it comes to pick A or B. Several times we've seen the choice just turn into a big joke, which is fine, but again I think that's a huge part why so many of us give it leeway and think it's so great.

And like I've said to others, it's pointless to get upset at Telltale for the choices not mattering at this point, their main focus has become the narrative and that's not going to change anytime soon. If you're looking for a game that has your choices feel more meaningful, try Life is Strange or King's Quest. But if you're looking for a game where choices really matter, just pick up an RPG.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.