edited September 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Well, the choices do matter but everyone thinks that the choices change the whole story.

The choices in every Telltale game does a difference in the story but it's still the same and the choices also change the relationship with the characters around you.

• No it feels like you're altering the story. But in reality, none of your choices affect the story, the characters treat the exact same even when you treat them like ass. Blindfold yourself and just spam the A button, unfold yourself. Bam you have the exact same ending.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Well, the choices do matter but everyone thinks that the choices change the whole story. The choices in every Telltale game does a differ

• The choices matter to me. I'll be honest it won't affect the overall plot but it affects dialogue, your relationship with other characters and really what kind of person your character is. What's the point in not caring about your choices?

• For example, in Life Is Strange. Choices actually matter, the dialogue you pick all seems neutral, but can affect the story. Here, be an ass, kill who ever you want when you get the chance, no difference. What is the point?

• edited September 2015

The point in not caring is you don't have to worry. Why even worry if your choices even affect the game when the same outcome comes every time. Just think of that when you make choices, and you will not care.

AgentZ46 posted: »

The choices matter to me. I'll be honest it won't affect the overall plot but it affects dialogue, your relationship with other characters and really what kind of person your character is. What's the point in not caring about your choices?

• enter image description here

Here we go again..

• edited September 2015

Jesus H Crist, how many people do this. It's gotten to a point where when I see people say this, I roll my eyes.

Here we go again..

• Look, plenty of people have griped about this enough on these forums. If you're wanting a game that really takes player choice into account, go play an actual RPG. Telltale's main focus has become the narrative while casting the illusion of choice and obviously some of their games do it better than others. Maybe down the road Telltale will create more choice driven games but again, the story is the most important part to them. The best way you as a consumer can show them what you want is by speaking with your wallet, personally I think the newest King's Quest game does a good job with choice so maybe look at that, competition only makes better content for the consumer. Complaining about the same thing others have complained about for years won't change anything.

"Here is a discussion on why choices don't matter... Now this ends our tour."

"But, we haven't talked about the game, that's what we're here for."

"Oh don't be stupid, we aren't here to talk about the game. We are here to complain about the game, and Telltale in general."

Am I mad? Maybe.

• I don't care if its illusional, it might as well be a movie.

Look, plenty of people have griped about this enough on these forums. If you're wanting a game that really takes player choice into account,

• What point are you trying to get across?

Kateis posted: »

"Here is a discussion on why choices don't matter... Now this ends our tour." "But, we haven't talked about the game, that's what we're

• Sorry mate, just waiting for all the hate comments.

Fat_Turt posted: »

Jesus H Crist, how many people do this. It's gotten to a point where when I see people say this, I roll my eyes. *

• Then go watch LP's instead so that you basically are?

I don't care if its illusional, it might as well be a movie.

• Every one here has a GoT profile picture, biased much. I'm leaving, I don't want to get eaten alive by fanboys.

• Movies aren't worth £20

Then go watch LP's instead so that you basically are?

• Mine's a shark... just saying...

Every one here has a GoT profile picture, biased much. I'm leaving, I don't want to get eaten alive by fanboys.

• They do affect the game though maybe not in the way you want but it affects the game.

The point in not caring is you don't have to worry. Why even worry if your choices even affect the game when the same outcome comes every time. Just think of that when you make choices, and you will not care.

• Which is why I said go watch an LP instead of purchasing the game, you have to have played a Telltale game before so you should have a basic understanding of what to expect. Like I said originally, if you are not satisfied with the product, don't give your money to them. Simple as that.

Movies aren't worth £20

• He/she is clearly frustrated (as am I) that hardly anyone talks about the narrative, characters, any other element of the game, all people want to do is whine about choices not mattering.

What point are you trying to get across?

• Hey there. I just find the choices in Telltale games as a way to define the character you play. Sure, it doesn't affect the story, but you are given a role and you are deciding what kind of person your character is.

Life is Strange is good with giving some consequential choices that clearly has an affect in the story. But I have a harder time feeling that Max is my character. I don't have that much control in what she say to people. Often, she say things that I personally didn't want to say. Like how she talks to David. I want her to be more friendly to him, but she can say some rather hostile things to him that are outside my control.

In a Telltale Games, I have a more variable choice in how to react to situation that lead to the same outcome. I can decide what the character should say and react to events. Do I want to show confidence or do I want to show doubt or caution? My choices may not matter in the game, but my choices defines my protagonists.

• Feel free to come back if you want to continue this discussion, mate.

Every one here has a GoT profile picture, biased much. I'm leaving, I don't want to get eaten alive by fanboys.

• I feel like characters are defined through the GoT choices quite well, even if they don't 'matter' as much. You can make Gared a bloodthirsty monster, pretty much, or make him spare anyone he comes across-- if it makes sense in the situation. Dialogue is good for that, too. Then again, I've never cared all too much about the choices hugely changing the story.

• So because we have GOT profile pictures our opinions are biased? Some people just aren't going to agree with you, don't try to make up excuses for it.

• Actually, you are the only one who have a GoT profile on this thread.

So because we have GOT profile pictures our opinions are biased? Some people just aren't going to agree with you, don't try to make up excuses for it.

• Why the sudden change to the title and description? Doing the closest thing to deleting the discussion?

• edited September 2015

There's me and @Kateis I didn't really look at anyones pics.

Actually, you are the only one who have a GoT profile on this thread.

• Oh I see, only two then. But still, that's not a lot.

There's me and @Kateis I didn't really look at anyones pics.

• Shhh... we're not supposed to notice it and he's hoping we'll just go away... just wait with me in the shadows... I have chips.

Why the sudden change to the title and description? Doing the closest thing to deleting the discussion?

• edited September 2015

I'm not the one that said everyone here has a GOT profile picture.

Oh I see, only two then. But still, that's not a lot.

• What flavour are the chips?

Shhh... we're not supposed to notice it and he's hoping we'll just go away... just wait with me in the shadows... I have chips.

• I hope it is crispy barbecue. That is my favorite.

What flavour are the chips?

• I've got... Cheetos...Cool Ranch Doritos... I know I've got another bag here somewhere, where the hell did I... aha! Funyuns!

What flavour are the chips?

• Well, there's only one thing we can do.

[?] Silence is a valid option.

Shhh... we're not supposed to notice it and he's hoping we'll just go away... just wait with me in the shadows... I have chips.

• I have doritos before, but not cheetos, I think. Is it good?

I've got... Cheetos...Cool Ranch Doritos... I know I've got another bag here somewhere, where the hell did I... aha! Funyuns!

• Or we could have a nice chat, that is nice too. :)

Well, there's only one thing we can do. [?] Silence is a valid option.

• I ate those already... my favorite too, sorry

I hope it is crispy barbecue. That is my favorite.

• Sour cream and onions are yum! :)

I hope it is crispy barbecue. That is my favorite.

• Gimme dem doritos!

I've got... Cheetos...Cool Ranch Doritos... I know I've got another bag here somewhere, where the hell did I... aha! Funyuns!

I'll wait with you, as long as it's these kind of chips.

• Passes bag of chips to

Well, there's only one thing we can do. [?] Silence is a valid option.

This discussion has been closed.