The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• edited October 2015

You sure you want to know?

BigBlindMax posted: »

Nah not you, I was speaking generally. I just got no idea what's going on, who's joking, who's serious, what the beef is, etc.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2015

Really glad those users got over that phase and have become upstanding forum citizens.

Things like downvoting certainly didn't help, but another part of the problem was that around Walking Dead Season 2 and Wolf Among Us, when the new version of the forum launched in September 2013, our Moderator tools weren't as robust back then since Telltale switched from using a normal forum to their own custom made forum which we are now using. This forum technically uses Vanilla forum software, but it's very heavily modified as no professional forum software currently supports this style of threaded discussion.

Fortunately, around Summer 2014 (right after OzzyUK became a mod), things started getting better as people settled in and we got a large back-end update around that same time where we had lots of new moderation tools and improvements to our current tools that had really helped us crack down on problems that were previously rampant on the forums.

People here today who were also active during Walking Dead: Season 2 or Wolf have probably noticed that, ever since last Summer, things like spambot posts are a lot more rare and we can generally do a much better job at keeping tabs on gimmick accounts or ban evasions. It was kind of rough moderating the boards during Walking Dead: Season 2 with such a large audience while our tools had previously been basic back then, but things are much better now that Telltale has refined several features and the community has become more mature.

Yeah, that's the string of gifs that came to mind for me as well. Really glad those users got over that phase and have become upstanding forum citizens.

• Nice analogy, and I agree.

This term annoys me. I am not a defender of the NSDAP or their war crimes, nor do I ever condone these actions, but I get called things simi

• Right, flagging didn't even work and you all had to delete one post at a time. I still laugh when I remember the way a certain troll was finally stopped was the banning of a certain phrase involving a music playing device and a cheesy junk food that is currently still in effect as far as I know.

Really glad those users got over that phase and have become upstanding forum citizens. Things like downvoting certainly didn't help,

• Sure! Who doesn't love story time?

papai46 posted: »

• Hmm, you mean the Stereo Doritos bandit? That guy was the worst!

Right, flagging didn't even work and you all had to delete one post at a time. I still laugh when I remember the way a certain troll was fi

• It's a pretty lame and childish story if you ask me. Anyway, if he ever does end up telling you, just remember there are always 2 sides to a tale.

Sure! Who doesn't love story time?

• O plz m8, I'm a regular at r/SubredditDrama, nothing is too childish for me.

But yeah, I get it.

Green613 posted: »

It's a pretty lame and childish story if you ask me. Anyway, if he ever does end up telling you, just remember there are always 2 sides to a tale.

• the usual lol

dojo32161 posted: »

What's going on?

• full of hate and spite, damn that sounds so dramatic and sad :/

What is this Skype bullshit? it's a long story full of hate and spite, you wouldn't like to hear it.

• edited October 2015

enter link description here

Bro don't just cause more fighting and people here will get banned not worth it

• What is this Skype bullshit?

Let me tell you the story

enter image description here

It happened months ago we were all here having fun all friends here then there was a skype lounge created suddenly everything changed there was arguments and fights here everyday when we came here

I knew something was up so I investigated further

Hitler and Stalin were male both turned out evil? THEY HAD MALES on skype

Eve was a woman in the bible who doomed the human race? They were girls on skype.

It was clear I was on to something

Then it happened I googled skype and checked images

It can't be I noticed something I zoomed in and my mind was blown

THE ILLUMINATI is skype the evidence was right there suddenly all made sense

The end

Ya'll are crazy. I post a video and fucking boom. What is this Skype bullshit?

• You're right, there's my side and then there's the wrong side.

It's a pretty lame and childish story if you ask me. Anyway, if he ever does end up telling you, just remember there are always 2 sides to a tale.

• You don't necessarily help yourself sound more believable when you talk like that.

You're right, there's my side and then there's the wrong side.

• I don't need to sound more believable, when i tell him what i know about the Skype group.

You don't necessarily help yourself sound more believable when you talk like that.

• XDDD knee-slapping ensues :'D oh man I think I shed a tear from that bro

Markd4547 posted: »

What is this Skype bullshit? Let me tell you the story It happened months ago we were all here having fun all friends here th

• [removed]

What is this Skype bullshit? Let me tell you the story It happened months ago we were all here having fun all friends here th

• lol what's up everyone? Been gone for too long.

• Hey, Jon. What's up? Have you made any cool artwork lately?

JonGon posted: »

lol what's up everyone? Been gone for too long.

• Some LiS pieces but not much. I lack motivation on most things lately.

TDMshadowCP posted: »

Hey, Jon. What's up? Have you made any cool artwork lately?

• edited October 2015

But your masterpiece right here.

Some LiS pieces but not much. I lack motivation on most things lately.

• Why...

But your masterpiece right here.

• You should probably post them on the Life is Strange thread [ https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/88479/life-is-strange ]

I bet you will get some support and some good criticism c:

Some LiS pieces but not much. I lack motivation on most things lately.

• It's some eye pleasing artwork. You can't compete with that lmao

Why...

• Hey Jon! What's up man?

• you made this tho

holy fuck

• Shit, can't complain there.

It's some eye pleasing artwork. You can't compete with that lmao

• shut up, joon

• Hey, CS. Long time no see! How's XC?

ComingSoon posted: »

Hey Jon! What's up man?

• TDMshadowCPTDMshadowCP Banned
    edited October 2015

I don't know if you're into minecraft, but you should probably make the interesting details/secret in [inset ttg game] thread for MC: Story Mode before anyone else does it.... unless it already happened :p

dojo32161 posted: »

What's going on?

• edited October 2015

Ah, sweet nostalgia. It's been so long since I've heard this.

enter link description here

• You motherfuckers and your secret illuminati societies kill me. :P

• This shit is just creepy man. You guys take this way too seriously.

• Hey CS! Nothing much, just staying busy. How about you?

ComingSoon posted: »

Hey Jon! What's up man?

• Shut up Jo

shut up, joon

• Just saw you earlier lol XD

I've been injured actually, just staying fit and doing what I can :)

Hey, CS. Long time no see! How's XC?

• I'm pretty busy too, glad I ran into you here :)

Hey CS! Nothing much, just staying busy. How about you?

• ooo sh1et u got spooky deets m8????

I don't need to sound more believable, when i tell him what i know about the Skype group.

• FOR THE LOLZ, I DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE ACTUALLY GONNA POST IT

you made this tho

Sign in to comment in this discussion.