TellTale games in general are increasingly predictable after playing previous titles?

2»

Comments

• edited October 2015

The problem with the Ice Dragon is it coming to the south of the wall to help the Forresters and no one in Westeros knowing of it. It simply can't happen.

My final prediction was that the Ice Dragon remains at the North Grove, as I realized the North Grove is UNDER the Ice Dragon.

So the Ice Dragon never leaves the North Grove. Gared just has to dodge/avoid it and get past it to get to the North Grove.

Hence why it's got to be some lame ass seeds or ice dragon fertilizer.

Abeille posted: »

Not a single death in the books happened "just because". They were the result of bad decisions by the characters or by characters that were

• If this game was overseen by GRRM, I would be totally okay with the legend being true. But it is not. It is a pretty big thing to be "confirmed" in a semi-canon source like this game. They already invented a Lannister ("A third cousin to be fair", to quote Morgryn, as I do quite frequently I'm noticing).

But we'll see. I for one have no idea of what the North Grove can be, but I think Gared will stay there and protect it because Gregor said it must be protected, not "checked on" or that whatever is there should be taken to Ironrath. I saw a theory around here some time ago that the North Grove houses an old wildling clan that originated the Forresters.

RonnyRulz posted: »

The problem with the Ice Dragon is it coming to the south of the wall to help the Forresters and no one in Westeros knowing of it. It simply

• Just because you're clairvoyant, doesn't mean we all are.

It isn't getting worse for me, the exact opposite actually the games are getting better.

• edited October 2015

RonnSin
    SinRonn?

I ship you guys so much

• I didn't expect Ethan to die so quickly x.x

• Yeah well maybe if people didn't spoil the episode BEFORE it came out by hacking, then maybe it wouldn't have to be changed!
    It was not TellTale's fault. Do your research before you post something and post something inteligent.

Not just that, but how pissed off / annoyed at TellTale I was when I read that they literally just changed things at the last second, that i

• The only thing I predicted was during Episode 5. My friend said she cried at the end of it, so I just assumed Rodrik or Asher would die, and I was right. Then again, when it comes to Telltale, it's common that the semi-finale episode of a series has a cliffhanger ending/hard decision. (This can be applied to TWD S1 and S2, TWAU, TFTB and GoT.)

I can't agree with everything else you said. This game keeps surprising me and probably many others.

• What are you talking about? The game has many surprising moments like Rodrik's 'ressurection', Ethan's death etc.

Maybe episode 5 was predictable but the rest of the episodes weren't really.

• Actually there were many threads about Rodrik coming back after episode one. Ethan was completely unexpected though.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

What are you talking about? The game has many surprising moments like Rodrik's 'ressurection', Ethan's death etc. Maybe episode 5 was predictable but the rest of the episodes weren't really.

• Oh? I'd like to see you predicting Episode 6 then :) After it's lunched we'll see if you're right ;)

• it's lunched

Nah, I'm not hungry.

Oh? I'd like to see you predicting Episode 6 then After it's lunched we'll see if you're right

• Dammit! I always commit the same error. I'm not going to edit it, I shall be ashamed for the rest of my days ;-;

dojo32161 posted: »

it's lunched Nah, I'm not hungry.

• After it's lunched we'll see if you're right ;)

Um.. it's--- Just forget it, I don't want to act like a grammar nazi...

Oh? I'd like to see you predicting Episode 6 then After it's lunched we'll see if you're right

• I need to learn, I deserve it ;-;

Wolfenus54 posted: »

After it's lunched we'll see if you're right Um.. it's--- Just forget it, I don't want to act like a grammar nazi...

• edited October 2015

It's actually 'launched', not 'lunched' xd

Sorry for being such a grammar nazi ;-;

I need to learn, I deserve it ;-;

• I thought it said titties instead of titles..

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2015

Finale ends with Gared / Talia taking care of Ryon, implying he will grow up to rebuild House Forrester alongside the newly planted Ironwood.

I could see that happening. Maybe the growth of new Ironwood trees could also be a metaphor about the house regrowing, complete with some monologue about how House Forrester endures just like the Ironwood Forrest. Then, they could sneak in another chance to reference "Iron From Ice."

If I had to guess right now, no additional thinking or research into TellTale's writing style... Although this isn't my final answer and I'

• Are you sure you're not a perv? xD

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I thought it said titties instead of titles..

• I was when I read that they literally just changed things at the last second, that it was going to be a Luke / Kenny showdown instead of Kenny / That One Girl I Forgot Already's Name.

Not that I don't also think that happened (since they seemed to be setting Luke vs Kenny in Episode 204), but I thought that was only speculation. Was that actually confirmed somewhere?

Not just that, but how pissed off / annoyed at TellTale I was when I read that they literally just changed things at the last second, that i

• It's true that most people will never visit the forums. But what the opinions on the forum does provide is a good sample size of the wider opinion. The biggest difference is that we pick apart every minute detail of an episode. We take on board other people's theories and opinions which then reshape our own. Logically this should mean that forumites are more likely to make accurate predictions. Are you suggesting that the majority of people who aren't on the forum are better at predicting the up coming events of an episode? That wouldn't make sense to me.

Regarding Ethan; I certainly thought that he was in danger, that he or any member of the family might die. That's the way it's written, that's what you are supposed to feel. But the conversation goes in such a way that makes you think you're escaping until he just turns quickly and stabs him with no warning. That's like predicting that Lee will die when he gets bitten. Not a very impressive prediction because you already know he's in danger. Predicting that he gets bitten while searching some trash, now that would be a prediction.

You should take a look at the fans reaction video. Not one person saw it coming the way it actually happened. While some of them are obviously exaggerated most of the, I think, would be the typical reaction.

First off, the majority of people who play this game will never even visit the forums. Of those who visit, only a minority will ever post.

• GRRMs assistant is a story consultant. Grrm probably gives notes. But I agree no way we see an Ice Dragon. The first time an Ice Dragon shows up would have to be on the show or in the books. No way he lets Telltale be the ones to reveal there are still "ice dragons"

If this game was overseen by GRRM, I would be totally okay with the legend being true. But it is not. It is a pretty big thing to be "confir

• I don't know if GRRM gives notes. TellTale invented a Lannister, Lyman, that doesn't seem to fit the Lannister genealogy (there are some old threads about it, trying to place him on their genealogy). I mean, at least not the genealogy presented in the book The World of Ice And Fire.

But yeah, either way, this is too big to show up in this game before it shows up on the show or in the books.

Wigams posted: »

GRRMs assistant is a story consultant. Grrm probably gives notes. But I agree no way we see an Ice Dragon. The first time an Ice Dragon s

• "But what the opinions on the forum does provide is a good sample size of the wider opinion."

Actually, that's not at all true.

I know about game developers, and there is actual empirical evidence to suggest the opposite.

Battlefield Heroes had a huge, raging "uprising" on their forums when they announced they will add in pay-to-win mechanics to the game. (Add more guns, but you have to buy them to unlock them.)

They did research and found out that only a minority of their users (like 1%) ever visited the forums. Out of those visitors, only a minority ever posted. Out of those posters, only a minority were vocal posters. So they were a minority of a minority of a minority.

None of that is a good sample size, not from the start (those who visit), not from those who post, and definitely not from those who post more than a few times, briefly or casually.

What happened? They ignored their entire community. They did it anyway.

The result? Was it this predicted downfall and massive boycott? Not at all.

The players loved their changes. The opposite of what the entire forum raged over became true. The game then became successful enough from that change to take the team on to further development.

If I had the article, I'd share it. However I haven't found it for years. Google just isn't happy about it, or I forgot the right terms to input to find it. Anyways, it was a fascinating 'case study'.

Sarson posted: »

It's true that most people will never visit the forums. But what the opinions on the forum does provide is a good sample size of the wider o

• edited October 2015

But yeah, either way, this is too big to show up in this game before it shows up on the show or in the books.

I think we're all forgetting that this is a video game. TellTale probably doesn't care all that much about GoT lore, unless they are bound by a contract / agreement or something. Not that they would violate it all willy nilly, but adding in an ice dragon would not at all be the end of the world.

Anyway, you're probably right. But if there's no Ice Dragon, then what could it possibly be? Some even lamer ending for Gared that is worse than my ice dragon / seeds theory? Eww...

I don't know if GRRM gives notes. TellTale invented a Lannister, Lyman, that doesn't seem to fit the Lannister genealogy (there are some old

• I could see that happening. Maybe the growth of new Ironwood trees could also be a metaphor about the house regrowing, complete with some monologue about how House Forrester endures just like the Ironwood Forrest. Then, they could sneak in another chance to reference "Iron From Ice."

Bingo!

Finale ends with Gared / Talia taking care of Ryon, implying he will grow up to rebuild House Forrester alongside the newly planted Ironwood

• Yeah well maybe if people didn't spoil the episode BEFORE it came out by hacking, then maybe it wouldn't have to be changed! It was not TellTale's fault. Do your research before you post something and post something inteligent.

ROFLMAO...WHAT?

Now I am 100% sure you have no idea and that no one should ever listen to your opinion.

This is hilarious. I can't believe I am reading this.

Yeah well maybe if people didn't spoil the episode BEFORE it came out by hacking, then maybe it wouldn't have to be changed! It was not TellTale's fault. Do your research before you post something and post something inteligent.

• All that tension built up, only for it to vanish without anything. It made absolutely no sense and was just plain bad writing. At least if they had plans to actually do that, it wouldn't be bad writing it would just be a bad director / leadership.

But yea, I think someone said that it was mentioned in an interview.

I remember someone stated the specific interview where they admitted to killing off Luke solely for shock value, so I'm not entirely sure if that interview included the last minute changes too or not.

I was when I read that they literally just changed things at the last second, that it was going to be a Luke / Kenny showdown instead of Ken

• The Banhammer is going to strike you soon enough. You're being very unpleasant.

Yeah well maybe if people didn't spoil the episode BEFORE it came out by hacking, then maybe it wouldn't have to be changed! It was not Tell

• Someone posted an interesting theory a while ago that it could be a clan of wildlings, a clan that originated the Forresters. It would be nice to have a few more swords fighting for the Forresters. Another theory says that Sylvi is the "North Grove", or rather what must be protected in the North Grove.

I am rooting for Gared bringing a warg back home (and hoping Sylvi is a warg). Not only because warging on the Whitehill's horses can hurt their army, but because I really want to play a warg on Season 2.

But yeah, either way, this is too big to show up in this game before it shows up on the show or in the books. I think we're all forg

• Oh? Did you not notice the like ratio on your comments and mine? Who do you think is making more sense?

Yeah well maybe if people didn't spoil the episode BEFORE it came out by hacking, then maybe it wouldn't have to be changed! It was not Tell

Sign in to comment in this discussion.