Way the that the... *Spoilers*

Traitor was carried out really killed my enthusiasm for this series. It's just so poorly done and makes everything else seem irrelevant because a dead lord made a choice that the current lord had no part of. Not to mention that it's OOC for all characters involved.

Comments

• But if you think about it, the traitor probably existed before Rodrik even came back, soooo they maybe thought there was no point in stopping because they might have thought even at that point that they were helping the house.

• The traitor scene didn't seem that bad to me, though I admit it could've been done better.

• I admit that it could have been done better. But I got Duncan as my traitor and the voice acting between him and Rodrik was good and emotional. So I like it and wasn't too bothered by it.

• My traitor was Royland... I like Duncan much more but I liked Duncan's traitor scene much more than Royland's mostly because of the voice acting...

Royland as a traitor: Enough, Royland. (Rodrik with a slightly annoyed voice)

Duncan as a traitor: ENOUGH, DUNCAN!

also the dialogue was kinda better...

I admit that it could have been done better. But I got Duncan as my traitor and the voice acting between him and Rodrik was good and emotional. So I like it and wasn't too bothered by it.

• I loved the scene, and it made perfect sense for me.

I chose Royland as my Sentinel and then followed almost all of his suggestions.

So Duncan betrayed me--citing how Ethan refused to make him Sentinel, how Rodrik refused to kiss Ludd's ring, stood up to Gryff, and brought Royland to Highpoint. My Rodrik also chose to save Ryon over expelling Gryff (which was Duncan's preference) and opted to starve the Whitehill soldiers (which Duncan told me not to do) and much more.

Plus, it's very much in Duncan's character to work behind his lord's back, if he believes it's for the greater good.

In my story, Duncan saw that both Ethan and Rodrik refused to follow his ideology of diplomacy and peace, so worked behind their back, to, as he saw it, keep the Forresters alive.

I understand it didn't work out as effectively for many people, but it did for me, and a handful of others. Don't forget that.

• I agree, it sucked so much, they could have done much better.

BOTH "TRAITORS" WERE SO LOYAL, WHY WOULD THEY BETRAY THEM LIKE THAT? THE REASON WASN'T REALLY VALID, THE DUMBEST PART WAS THE

"I'LL BETRAY U ALL ASSHOLES CUZ UR FUCKING BROTHER DID NOT CHOOSE ME AS SENTINEL" C'mon, it has nothing to do with rodrik and ethan is dead.

thingy. Really, they could have done much better.

• edited October 2015

You can genuinely hear that Rodrik was hurt by Duncan's betrayal. I love this dialogue and the pure emotion behind it.

Rodrik: "I trusted you, Duncan! My father took you off a pig farm to make you his castellan!"

Duncan: "I care more about his family than my own!"

Rodrik: "Then why!?" (You can hear an emotional break in his voice)

Duncan: "Because you are reckless, Rodrik!!"

My traitor was Royland... I like Duncan much more but I liked Duncan's traitor scene much more than Royland's mostly because of the voice ac

• I love the Duncan version!

You can genuinely hear that Rodrik was hurt by Duncan's betrayal. I love this dialogue and the pure emotion behind it. Rodrik: "I trusted

• edited October 2015

;(

Duncan will always be the canon Sentinel for me...

You can genuinely hear that Rodrik was hurt by Duncan's betrayal. I love this dialogue and the pure emotion behind it. Rodrik: "I trusted

• Well, I am going to be honest here...

The traitor scene was kinda pointless but Duncan as the traitor kinda makes sense. You chose a reckless man over someone that uses diplomacy and he thinks that the lord choosing a man as his sentinel who likes war instead of using diplomacy will bring doom to the house. And that makes him think that lord is not capable of leading the house so he works behind everyone's backs for the enemy so everyone can be safe. Royland as the traitor on the other hand... it makes no sense for Royland to be the traitor. "You made your house look weak so I am working for the Whitehills to make you look more weak."

• As much as I love Royland as my sentinel, I also think that Duncan has a lot of admirable traits as sentinel. He is clearly smarter and knows a lot of logistics to keep the house in order. He is willing to take the fire off Talia, so she doesn't get hurt by Gryff. And he offers sound advice when it comes to diplomacy. So, if you love Duncan as your sentinel, it is perfectly okay! I can see why people want him as sentinel.

I chose Royland as my sentinel, because a sentinel should be someone you trust above all others and I chose Royland, because he is blunt and honest, which makes him trustworthy in my story.

;( Duncan will always be the canon Sentinel for me...

• I like Duncan more, but the thing is that I also like Royland... Thats the reason why I didn't kill him in hope that Telltale actually does something bigger with him...

As much as I love Royland as my sentinel, I also think that Duncan has a lot of admirable traits as sentinel. He is clearly smarter and know

• Duncan was the obvious choice but I picked Royland because I didn't want to be a sheep I wanted a different GoT to everyone else I was in the minority in most of the choice.

As much as I love Royland as my sentinel, I also think that Duncan has a lot of admirable traits as sentinel. He is clearly smarter and know

• Yeah, I got Duncan version, had no problem with it - everything made perfect sense. It depends on how you play really.

• It made me hate the episode, but it didn't kill my enthusiasm for the rest of the series. I love the other episodes and I have high hopes for episode 6.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.