Will Margaery Come to Mira's Aid?

edited October 2015 in Game Of Thrones

After five episodes in which events and Mira's own actions in order to ensure the safety of her family have caused a divide between her and the people of King's Landing, it seems that Cersei is openly plotting against Mira. By setting Mira up with an impossible task to get the witnesses from Tyrion, Cersei more than likely, knows how Margery will react, and will either send her home or will leave her without any protection in King's Landing, possibly allowing Cersei to render Mira, a traitor. In fact now that I think about it, imagine how much that makes sense.

Cersei accuses Mira of helping Tyrion kill King Joffrey and the reasons stack up:

• After Mira asked Margery Tyrell to appeal to King Joffrey in hopes of stopping her family from being intruded by Ramsay Snow, Joffrey declines, leading to Ramsay killing her brother and giving Mira a motive.
  • Mira has killed before, as she could be accused of killing the guard in the gardens.
  • As well as this, Mira has been caught speaking to Tyrion plenty of times before, and even after his imprisonment.

Therefore, without the aid of Margery Tyrell, it's clear that Cersei could easily throw Mira under the bus and unlike Tyrion, Mira would be executed. However, this just leaves the question. Margery Tyrell could hopefully intervene, and convince Tommen to rule in Mira's favour. But that would be down to another matter.

Whether Margery intervenes and aids Mira (or even sends her home to avoid punishment, before Cersei could accuse her), would be up to how Mira has acted, and her decisions in past episodes. However things are not looking good for Mira, and we could see her axed off (quite literally) in the finale.

What do you think? Will Margery come to Mira's aid? Or will we await another Ned-Stark like death before the series ends? And what about Tom? Could he possibly help in some way?

Comments

• I think she'll definitely have a large role in the final episode. I've often thought there will be a choice between serving Margaery or Cersei.

• Mhmm true but I also thing your choices will matter things like asking her for help. going to tyrion or not and what you said to cersei

AgentZ46 posted: »

I think she'll definitely have a large role in the final episode. I've often thought there will be a choice between serving Margaery or Cersei.

• We can all dream...

Mhmm true but I also thing your choices will matter things like asking her for help. going to tyrion or not and what you said to cersei

• edited October 2015

If Tyrion escapes on episode 6 and Mira is still in King's Landing when it happens, Cersei will be crazy and bloodthirsty and will want Mira's head just because. The Tyrells (do not think of Margaery as a single person, think of her as her entire family) might want to give Cersei what she wants, trying to avoid having Cersei turning her rage towards Margaery, who she already dislikes. Something simple, like Margaery saying Mira was with Tyrion the whole time before the assassination, would be enough for Mira to be sent straight to Qyburn for "interrogation".

I really don't think Margaery will help. Sure, I don't know what Cersei will do with her in the game, but Margaery is still a Tyrell and these people don't have friends, they have pawns.

• I messed everything up with Mira, so I'm pretty sure all of Kings Landing hates her and her family. I dont think I've ever witnessed someone give the stink eye more than Margaery towards poor Mira

• What choices did you mess up, if you don't mind my asking

I messed everything up with Mira, so I'm pretty sure all of Kings Landing hates her and her family. I dont think I've ever witnessed someone give the stink eye more than Margaery towards poor Mira

• I pissed everyone off in KL, mate. So maybe not xD

I'm replaying to game anyway, to make some better choices and skme more bad choices.

• hahaha i messed up so bad with Mira. Nobody's going to be coming to my aid, I also tried to lie to Tyrion. And that was a mistake. Oh well my last hope is that Gared will come back with a dragon.

• No... I don't think so. Jon didn't help Gared and Danerys didn't help Asher. She just needs a loyal handmaiden not Mira Forrester.

• Margaery saw Mira with the Lannister guards so I don't think so. My hopes are on Morgryn and Tom.

• Weren't we being dragged away with those guards? If so she knows we didn't do it voluntarily.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile.

gomatamo posted: »

Margaery saw Mira with the Lannister guards so I don't think so. My hopes are on Morgryn and Tom.

• It's ok. Well, Mira was forced to come with the Lannister guards, so I assume Margaery thought the wrong thing.

PigeonPie posted: »

Weren't we being dragged away with those guards? If so she knows we didn't do it voluntarily. Forgive me if I'm wrong, it's been awhile.

• If Margery doesn't come to help me then so help me God I will decorate the red keep with her insides.

If we do stay in kings landing after tyrions trial, I hope we become a sparrow or flee to flea bottom.. Unless Morgyn has a better idea to save a fugitive

• This just brings up the idea - What if Morgryn were to marry Mira, in order to ensure her safety, the safety of her House (at least socially in King's Landing), and because he truly likes her and wants the pair to be a power couple. Margaery and Cersei would undoubtedly see right through it, but couldn't murder Mira, the now fiance of a noble, for no reason.

• What if Morgryn were to marry Mira

I heard my name.

That possibility is brought up a lot here. He could do it in exchange to being the only person to sell Forrester ironwood, getting back in the ironwood market and have monopoly of it if the Forresters take the rest of the forest back from the Whitehills. He would be able to control the price of the ironwood and get very rich, as was his plan when he was proposing an alliance to Mira during the Royal Wedding.

I'm convinced he was going to ask her to marry him in the Royal Wedding. He said, and I quote: "So, let me be blunt. Circumstances have put us at odds, but what if we were to work together? Control the price of the ironwood together. We could get very, very rich, together". I wrote this quote here so many times I know it by heart.

Anyway, Mira is a noble, and I think Morgryn is of lower birth than her. Someone with no lands that is called a lord by courtesy, and is actually just a (currently unemployed) merchant. He does not necessarily has the political power to protect her, but still, Mira having someone in King's Landing that will notice she is gone can discourage a murder.

If Mira marries, she will also leave Margaery's service, and her actions won't reflect on Margaery anymore. She will be less relevant on the bickering of the two queens.

HarjKS posted: »

This just brings up the idea - What if Morgryn were to marry Mira, in order to ensure her safety, the safety of her House (at least socially

• You name it. I think trying to get on Tyrion's good side was the first of a number of mistakes. Also trying to be nice and diplomatic to Cersei (which Margaery had told me to do not 5 minutes earlier with 'must feel one thing, but say another). And then when I tried to please Margaery, which never seemed like I did convincingly, I just made cersei mad at me. Looking back, I think only the slave boy ended up not hating my Mira. I hope he has some big connections, which I've always figured he does.

What choices did you mess up, if you don't mind my asking

• Danerys can help Asher, if he followed orders and/or explained Beskha was a slave. She won't give sellswords but she will give gold to help you hire sellswords. Though that has yet to really make much of a difference.

No... I don't think so. Jon didn't help Gared and Danerys didn't help Asher. She just needs a loyal handmaiden not Mira Forrester.

• I'm hoping Margaery will come to my aid. D8 I've done nothing but try to please Margaery. I didn't ask her to talk to Joffery, I didn't talk to Tyrion when she told me not to... I really liked her and want to CONTINUE liking her, so I hope Margaery comes to our aide.

• Not to mention the fact that Morgryn could possibly go back with Mira to Ironrath in order to get married, and have Morgryn represent her and House Forrester at King's Landing.

Now it brings up a better question: We know that Game of Thrones is more than likely to have a second season, and we know that it is possible, we'll get some more POV Characters.

Assuming, everyone survives besides perhaps your sentinel (and the traitor), Ryon, and Rodrick/Asher (at the end of Episode 6), who would then be the POV characters?

There's Malcolm, who would be having to handle Daenerys, during the events of Season 5. There's Beskha, who is also a possibility. As well as this there is Talia. Put that together with Mira and Gared, you have 5 POV characters. However, if Mira is to be in Ironrath, that means there would be two female POV characters in the same location, and Telltale clearly doesn't want to work that way. So who else, closely linked to House Forrester, in another location, could we play as? Morgryn, of course in King's Landing. This would be amazing because

1: Logically, it'd make sense that he would be in King's Landing. He knows how to play the game, he is now in the ironwood monopoly, and he definitely, would want to control it from King's Landing.

2: He's in another location, and so we can still have Talia/Mira at Ironrath, with Morgryn at King's Landing.

3: Past decisions that Mira has made, could effect how others see Morgryn, since he married her and this would be a really good way to incorporate the idea of past decisions affecting other characters, in the future.

Abeille posted: »

What if Morgryn were to marry Mira I heard my name. That possibility is brought up a lot here. He could do it in exchange to bein

• I would absolutely love to play as Morgryn!

But a dream coming true would be to play as both Morgryn and Mira in King's Landing like we play as Rhys and Fiona in TFTB.

Not to mention the fact that Morgryn could possibly go back with Mira to Ironrath in order to get married, and have Morgryn represent her an

• That would be pretty incredible, and not to mention the fact is, we [SPOILERS] see Cersei and Margaery fall off the throne, as they are imprisoned and sentenced to trial

So we could always see Mira getting the upper hand, and not aiding Margaery nor Cersei for neglecting her House, in the past. I also pretty much ship Mira and Morgryn, so to see them as a power couple, would be great.

Another thing I noticed is, in Episode 1, 'Iron From Ice', Sera mentions how her and Mira could meet her husbands in King's Landing. Sera, of course is with Garabuld (well depending on if you told him, she's a bastard or not) and yet we see little to no sign of Mira getting married, so a good twist would be to have Mira marry Morgryn, to sort of fulfill the foreshadowing, Sera left for us.

Abeille posted: »

I would absolutely love to play as Morgryn! But a dream coming true would be to play as both Morgryn and Mira in King's Landing like we play as Rhys and Fiona in TFTB.

• It would be cool if this were conditional, but I doubt that. Maybe though...

• So Morgyn is Telltales version of Littlefinger... I like it :D

That would be pretty incredible, and not to mention the fact is, we [SPOILERS] see Cersei and Margaery fall off the throne, as they are impr

Sign in to comment in this discussion.