The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Well of course Silent Hill does an excellent job at that, Hell I've sung the franchises praises all over these forums. But Silent Hill builds tension through a group of events happening. I felt my skin crawl within the first 60 seconds of the video and nothing even happened.

Reconn posted: »

What about Silent Hill?

• Well my Windows 7 has never been able to handle any game running on Java beforehand for some reason, and that included Minecraft, so with Story mode, I had assumed it ran on a completely different engine. Sadly, I still haven't gotten it to work.

It's amazing that Windows 7 can't handle a game like Minecraft.

• [removed]

Fuck it. Trump 2016.

• You know what? I agree. If I were a cannibal, Something about babies would just seem so delicious.

Babies look delicious.

• There's good, hardworking oranges. But oranges and whites are different and should stick to their own kind.

Look at the Orange on white crime rate and you'll surely agree.

How do you respond to allegations that you forbid your daughter from dating an orange American?

• wtf

You know what? I agree. If I were a cannibal, Something about babies would just seem so delicious.

• Welp sounds like those two in the UN meeting got their way.... sigh..... fuck sakes. Dumbass Politians...

What the actual fuck. http://www.smh.com.au/business/workplace-relations/men-will-will-have-to-lose-jobs-to-make-way-for-gender-equality-transfields-diane-smithgander-20151013-gk7kzt.html

• Sounds kinda cool! I love motorcycles myself actually, kinda wish I was there but I'm a bit clumsy so.... yeah. Anyway good luck with the job!

BigBlindMax posted: »

Just took a temporary job as security for Biketoberfest. What the fuck have I gotten myself into?! 0_0

• why would you fuck Snapchat

• edited October 2015

enter image description here

You know what? I agree. If I were a cannibal, Something about babies would just seem so delicious.

• edited October 2015

So since I didn't do any sort of 007 review for a long time, I'll do two at once!

007 Octopu--y (Yes.... I know... even Bond makes a funny look hearing the name)

Continuing my marathon, is a movie with a rather.... odd name; Octopu--y. This film is rather fun and silly at the same time, but does know when to be serious. The first half of the story involves a real and fake Faberge egg, with the fake being retrieved by the late 009 (who dressed as a clown when infiltrating the circus where part of the operation takes place). The story revolves around a collaborated deal that involves the smuggling of precious jewelry (the Faberge egg's fake was to replace the real one) all the while allowing a Russian general exploit his own goals in creating an opening to please his thirst for conquest. The movie had three villains, Kamal Khan (an exiled prince who is involved with the smuggling and to cause distress of military forces), General Orlov (who wishes to seize control of bordered countries, and to cause an "accident" explosion in the circus), and... ah fuck it, Octopussy (a smuggler who also runs legitimate businesses such as a circus, she eventually helps Bond after she was betrayed). There was a vast exploration of locations in this movie, each very different from the other, keeping the adventure fresh. There is also an enjoyable reference to one of Ian Fleming's short stories, which serves as background for the character, Octopussy (The actress has played in two bond films, the other was The Man With The Golden Gun). Also there was some full-circle moments, in the climax of the movie, Bond wears the same clown suit as 009 and successfully defuses a bomb that was meant to go off. Not only that the first and last ten minutes involved the use of planes in an escape attempt. There were many enjoyable scenes, the car chase throughout India, the stuffed-sheep head dinner where Bond just couldn't even eat, Bond playing dead with the gaurds to escape, the jungle chase, Bond trying to save a circus full of people, etc (however the opening sequence was rather random though). This one was my favourite though.

enter link description here

This scene, to me, showed Bond's true colours and felt like a call back to The Man with The Golden Gun, where Scaramanga said they're so much alike. Where it made you question if he was a sociopath. But in the scene, Bond shows he legitimately cared about lives of innocent people, you can hear it in his voice and see with his eyes he was pissed off. That to me, sets him apart from Scaramanga (besides Queen and Country of course. Should note, he gave Octopussy's father a chance to clear all of his past mess instead of killing him.).

Now onto the next one.

007 A View To A Kill

This one, happens to be considered the weakest of Moore's films by many people due t criticism, however this happens to be my most favourite of Moore's Bond movies! Most of the criticism comes to the fact that Roger's age is showing (which can be understandably awkward but there were difficulties in finding a new one at the time), and also because the villain's plot was too much like Goldfinger (realistically, people often makes similar ideas. Also should be noted that villain's plot was more on a destructive scale). I felt it was a great send off for Moore however, facing one last big threat. There were even homages to the previous films that Moore was in, involving gadgets to his cover up name at the horse stables. The main villain is Max Zorin, head of a microchip company (ex-KGB), born by being manufactured through the use of putting steroids in his mother before his birth (gave increased intelligence but became psychopathic) thanks do Dr. Mortner, a former Nazi scientist. Zorin's henchwoman is the powerful May Day who has increased strength due to the same experiment, she displays some form of psychopathy, but not to Zorin's level. Zorin plans on destroying Silicon Valley, head of the microchip industry, to increase the value of microchips, all the while sinking down San Francisco with it, killing everyone in the fault's radius.

The plot first was hinted when Bond was sent in to retrieve a microchip that was recovered by the late 003 in a Russian controlled glacier, which was discovered to be Zorin's chip. Suspicion arouse, even more so with Zorin's horses (who don't have superior bloodlines) would win horse races (this is due to the fact that Zorin places a microchip surgically into the horse's leg, it would administer a quickly dissolving drug to boost performance (triggered by receptor in his cane) so no drug test could notice it taking drugs. And yeah, further shit happens when an employee at city hall, Stacy Sutton, is fighting against Zorin with legal rights over an oil field that was taken from her grandfather by Zorin. Eventually all would lead up to the mine, where Zorin undergoes the final phase of his operation.

This film to me was spectacular, had a lot great sequences. John Barry's score really set the tone with the movie, and the theme's suite kinda gave Bond a heroic atmosphere which was neat. I really loved the police chase with the firetruck scene, it was hilarious and fun to watch, with Bond having a few hiccups on his own during the chase (the cop was more enjoyable than Sgt. Pepper from Live and Let Die). Seeing Bond come down the ladder during the city hall fire outbreak (caused by Zorin) helping Stacy and everyone looking in awe resembled many fans who felt the same when they see Bond in action. The Paris chase where Bond goes after May Day was epic. The last moments of the mines where May Day helps Bond, after being betrayed by Zorin and losing her friends, to take the bomb away from the powder keg which ultimately lead to her sacrifice, sticking it to Zorin. It was just too much of a fun movie to be hated on. These two scenes will always stand as the most intense, pivotal sequences of the film.

This makes Zorin stand out to me as the most cruel of Bond Villains, and also the most brutal action any villain of the series ever took.

Moments after May Day's sacrifice, the final battle commenced. This scene stood out the most in the film as it was very unique. A fight that takes with a blimp and on a bridge was very interesting and not used before in the Bond films.That last chuckle Zorin really nails it on his situation.

• BRUH

• Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy Octopussy

• edited October 2015

WTF

I played the new Star Wars beta Terrible game just battlefield with a stars wars skin I loved the old star war games like the force unleashed which was awesome

Anyway to my point it has no campaign or story just multiplayer and then I see it's costs 130 euro(150 dollars)

EA is a cancer to games for me the story is the most important part of a game taking out the story if we buy this will encourage other companies to do lazy bs for quick cash and inflate the price of already expensive games

Not just that charging 130 EURO for a GAME without even a story I'm just speechless I have the game cover is made of gold

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/star-wars-battlefront-ultimate-edition/cid=EP0006-CUSA00634_00-SWBULTIMATEPREOR?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term={keyword}&utm_campaign=PX+-+PlayStation+-+Brand+-+Ireland&EMCID=GM300000_store

Games are getting more expensive yet the customer is getting less of a game with DLC, seasons passes, Exclusive content, Pre-order bonuses, deluxe editions, microtranactions etc just getting insane and the length of games are getting shorter

• Aw but I had this idea years ago!

Well at least I can still live with the small petty satisfaction that it was my idea first.

Too similar to valiant hearts I think.

• edited October 2015

Just gonna point out that none of the battlefront games had story, the idea of the games is having massive battles with a star wars theme. That's why battlefront 2 was really popular.

Markd4547 posted: »

WTF I played the new Star Wars beta Terrible game just battlefield with a stars wars skin I loved the old star war games like the force u

• Did I get flagged as a spam bot for the Trump posts? Wtf people?

• I see you have never heard or seen anything about Battlefront. It has never been a story based game just large scale multiplayer battles in the Star Wars universe. I also love how instead of putting the price of the normal game, you put the price of the Ultimate edition and act like it's the price of the actual game. As well as it's still in beta, that means testing out the game for players so things are very limited at the moment including guns, vehicles, classes, and maps but everything will change with the main game.

So, in conclusion, do research before claiming things.

WTF I played the new Star Wars beta Terrible game just battlefield with a stars wars skin I loved the old star war games like the force u

• What do you mean? It's still there.

Did I get flagged as a spam bot for the Trump posts? Wtf people?

• It just feels like his opinion is biased because he hates EA.

I see you have never heard or seen anything about Battlefront. It has never been a story based game just large scale multiplayer battles in

• enter image description here

Did I get flagged as a spam bot for the Trump posts? Wtf people?

• It really is, it's like he tried to find things to fit his opinion.

It just feels like his opinion is biased because he hates EA.

• edited October 2015

Just ignore the 130 euro price then good man that was the point of the post the crazy price but yeah interesting post there :)

Ur opinion on the price?

Just gonna point out that none of the battlefront games had story, the idea of the games is having massive battles with a star wars theme. That's why battlefront 2 was really popular.

• Not all of it now. And I'm talking about how I had to pass a dpambot test to post. I am not a robot, and even if I were, robots have feelings too. I feel like these forums are prejudice against robots.

BigBlindMax posted: »

What do you mean? It's still there.

• Why must the fun classes in school be so short? Guess I'm off to Holocaust.

• Even so the price is insane :)

I see you have never heard or seen anything about Battlefront. It has never been a story based game just large scale multiplayer battles in

• edited October 2015

As golden stated below that's the ultimate edition, you don't have to buy the ultimate edition if you don't want to...

Just ignore the 130 euro price then good man that was the point of the post the crazy price but yeah interesting post there Ur opinion on the price?

• U WOT M8

• I get those tests once in a while myself, they come at the worst time sometimes...

Use your words.

• So you identify yourself as Snapchatsexual?

Now, this is something new.

• time flies much faster when you're having a good time

the boring classes seem to have no ending :/

Why must the fun classes in school be so short? Guess I'm off to Holocaust.

• I know the feel brother, they just go by so fast.

Why must the fun classes in school be so short? Guess I'm off to Holocaust.

• The ironic thing is robots can complete 99% of those these days.

Not all of it now. And I'm talking about how I had to pass a dpambot test to post. I am not a robot, and even if I were, robots have feelings too. I feel like these forums are prejudice against robots.

• Hey, what ever happened with your XCOM game?

I get those tests once in a while myself, they come at the worst time sometimes...

• I think I lost my save again and just gave up...

Hey, what ever happened with your XCOM game?

• edited October 2015

Now, this is something new

If only that were true.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

So you identify yourself as Snapchatsexual? Now, this is something new.

• So apparently telling someone that the suggestion thread is on the front page makes me a dickwad.

I'm hurt.

• oh...you're right

Now, this is something new If only that were true.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.