Episode 5 ending - why did you choose to [spoiler]

edited October 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I have to admit that I am actually surprised only 40% of players decided to save Rodrick.

IMHO there are more reasonable arguments to save Rodrick:

• Rodrick is wise, experienced leader. Asher is just a young and careless guy who is not ready to take care of whole family
  • Elisa(mother) has more trust to Rodrick than Asher
  • Rodrick is up to date with all things going on in Foresters house. Asher has no idea what's going on.
  • Asher's army has just died. Army was the only reason he was useful

I think Foresters house needs wise and diplomatic leader rather than silly but strong and brave fighter.

So my question is: Who did you save and why?

Comments

• There are multiple threads on this already, no?

• Also in a realistic scenario the Lord's survival is always top priority, as they in many ways are their House, so Asher's death is the canon choice.

(Anticipating Asher Fanboys (and girls) to vehemently reject his death was the 'right' choice)

• Asher's army has just died. Army was the only reason he was useful

Not all of them, most of them in fact went through the gate before it closed.

Also what is Rodrik gonna do with the Army when they are done? Asher seemed to be a much better leader for them. So who knows, maybe chaos will start after the war.

I think there's just enough good reasons to save Asher as they are to save Rodrik.

• There's already enough of these threads...

• There's no 'Canon' or 'Right' choice.

Harian96 posted: »

Also in a realistic scenario the Lord's survival is always top priority, as they in many ways are their House, so Asher's death is the canon choice. (Anticipating Asher Fanboys (and girls) to vehemently reject his death was the 'right' choice)

• I thought the choice was more 50/50? At least when I first played it was.

• I saved asher because I thought it would be defeating purpose of asher's storyline to both have hardly any pit fighters and kill asher so to me it just made more sense.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.