Telltale's downfall?

124»

Comments

• Sniper, you are way too nice, lol

I think you are misunderstanding me. I wasn't saying or implying I looked down on you for your opinion, as you are welcome to have your opin

• Particularly in response to the 'taste' comment, as you're essentially saying others who share a different view to you have no taste, I can see you lasting long here.

Who cares how long someone lasts on a forum revolving around a single game among thousands of other games? It's not like the Game of Thrones TellTale community has a ton of modders or is a MMORPG or something.

Anyway, yes- I do declare anyone who finds S5 traitor plothole to "make sense" as having horrible taste. It is literally bad writing. It's not an opinion. It is completely illogical and made absolutely no sense. There is no logical explanation to explain it, especially given the non-Sentinel's stated reasoning for their betrayal after their history and even some of the decisions/actions in the past.

Rob_K posted: »

Or anyone with taste. You literally cannot ignore the massive plot hole and logical inconsistencies of the Traitor being the non-sent

• Not sure why you had to ask, it's very obvious it's you.

I mean seriously dude? There's nothing wrong with unconditionally loving a corporation that makes video games?

Why be such a mindless tool? Mindlessness is NEVER good. Don't confuse being a mindless tool with "unconditional love".

Even in philosophy, the unconditional love of a COMPANY/BUSINESS is just lunacy compared to the unconditional love of another human being. Unconditional love also doesn't have to ignore when a company mistreats you or makes a bad decision or decides to be greedy. That's not loving them, that's just being a wimpy pushover. Big difference.

KCohere posted: »

Who's the one being irrational?

• edited October 2015

So, what you're saying is... If we like this game more than TWDS1 or if we like all of Telltale's games, then we are mindless morons and have irrational attachments?

>

Because it sounds like that's what you're saying.

If literally only sounds like that's what I'm saying if you

• Didn't read anything I said.
    • Did read but have trouble with reading comprehension
    • Perceive life in extremes (Black/White, greys are non-existent.)
    • Want to believe that because of some cognitive bias.

You're only a mindless if you are mindless. You are only irrational if you are irrational.

If you have valid reasoning to support your statements, you are rational. If you don't, you may be irrational.

If you support a company no matter what it does and can't handle any justified criticism of that company or its games, you may be mindlessly supporting it.

Why are you so incapable of understanding how things aren't mutually exclusive? Why are you incapable of perceiving that TellTale can be both a good and bad company? That it can make both great games and games with flaws in them?

Why perceive everything in life as black/white, with such extremes?

I love TellTale's games. However, I will be the first to point out the flaws, agree with accurate criticisms. That is because like any reasonable person, I can simultaneously understand how something can be both awesome AND flawed at the same time. I understand nuance. I do not perceive life as this inflexible black/white extreme but understand that nearly everything is usually closer to a grey area.

If you were reasonable and stated something like "Yes it's grey, but I believe it's more on the light side of grey than on the darker side." then that would be great. To each their own.

However that isn't what happens on this forum. What happens is that people provide reasonable thoughts, justified criticisms, and accurate descriptions of real flaws in TellTale's games, and many forum users mindlessly defend TellTale and act like a criticism against TellTale is an insult on their own person. It's irrational behavior, it's filled with cognitive biases, and it's all around a very unintelligent and immature way of thinking.

Kateis posted: »

So, what you're saying is... If we like this game more than TWDS1 or if we like all of Telltale's games, then we are mindless morons and have irrational attachments? Because it sounds like that's what you're saying.

• edited October 2015

Yes, I was saying I personally think it's a bit extreme to let one plot point taint your view of the game to such a degree,

But what if that plot hole was so huge and was the single cause of a huge change in the storyline?

Would you not be upset if George R R Martin simply ended Game of Thrones series by not writing a final book, and instead just saying "The whole world was invaded by aliens that looked like Zoidburg. Everyone was killed." and then made the final book about those aliens and their terraforming of Westeros?

That is an extreme case, but I use it to show how it isn't unreasonable to perceive a huge plot hole and bad writing to ruin the entire series. (Clearly everyone enjoyed Game of Thrones up to that point, but not knowing how it all ends is just horrible to the point of wishing you never even started reading it. To then begin reading about the aliens and stuff? That would be awful. All around it would be very unfulfilling and almost crime-worthy.)

I think you are misunderstanding me. I wasn't saying or implying I looked down on you for your opinion, as you are welcome to have your opin

• I read what you said, you just seem to insult people there is nothing logical in what you say.

I'm pretty sure I don't see things in black and white and I do identify flaws I just like to look at positives instead of negatives because negativity is all I see around here.

There is no point in arguing the toss with you, I guess you're going to tell me I'm irrational or something like that and I really don't want to reply to you again.

RonnyRulz posted: »

So, what you're saying is... If we like this game more than TWDS1 or if we like all of Telltale's games, then we are mindless morons and hav

• edited October 2015

boohoo

Someone is so butthurt ;O;

• I think youre completely missing what's obvious to everyone else, and its not me being irrational. You took a harmless, half joking comment and went way overboard with it, calling people mindless tools. So what if the poster loves this company unconditionally or not? People are fans of lots of things for lots of reasons. From what I gathered of what he was saying, he grew to love the company because the content they put out and the way they do business pleases him. That doesnt mean he puts it above everyone and everything else in his life.

You on the other hand sound like you have an agenda and cant stand to have anyone saying anything nice about Telltale, because why? Their last game disappointed you so you feel like youre being mistreated? Thats why I feel you are taking this too seriously.

RonnyRulz posted: »

Not sure why you had to ask, it's very obvious it's you. I mean seriously dude? There's nothing wrong with unconditionally loving a corp

• Why do u think its very mediocre?:)

Journey95 posted: »

I think GoT has been very medicore (full of wasted potential) but they still have Borderlands so I think talking about their "downfall" is a bit extreme

• How can I abandon the thread when you post such a glorious gif. What the hell is going on?!

Enigma12 posted: »

Guys please just Already. -_-

• I think we can all agree that Telltale is not going towards a downfall. Tales and Wolf have been great, GoT and Minecraft are good. None of their games have been bad.

• Haha it is glorious isn't it!

ShaneGrimes posted: »

How can I abandon the thread when you post such a glorious gif. What the hell is going on?!

• There was room for a deeper choice system in TWD, it's true. Though Lee's behaviour and the meat locker choice affected who will come with you in ep5. And I wonder why you're applaudig Tales here, especially as it is not yet finished and you were talking about decisions that affect the outcome of the game. And which Tales choice is better than Carley/Doug?

However, TWD is meeting the rest of what I wrote - Tales is not (weird pacing with almost no plot in ep2 and ep3, repeating jokes, unbelievable character motivation) besides some passages of the first and the latest episode but is successfully distracting from this with much joke and many awesome. And GoT is doing the same with drama and fanservice. It's cool if you look for superficial fun and if you're a fan of the franchise, but that's about it.

Green613 posted: »

Tough choices IMO are a given for any Telltale game, so, I was talking about decisions that have an actual affect on the outcome of the game

• Jurassic Park

kaza125 posted: »

I think we can all agree that Telltale is not going towards a downfall. Tales and Wolf have been great, GoT and Minecraft are good. None of their games have been bad.

• I'm clearly talking about post Walking dead :D

Clemenem posted: »

Jurassic Park

• Don't insult people if they have a different opinion than your own. People have a right to think that a game that you like is bad, and likewise, people have a right to think that a game that you hate is good.

Remember, respect is the first rule of the forum guidelines.

This discussion has been closed.