who did you choose as your sentinel and why

I choosed duncan because lord forrester trusted him he told gared to tell no one but his uncle about the north groove

Comments

• I chose Royland because he was the only correct choice.

Actually, I chose him because a military advisor was what I needed. Duncan was already Castellan which was for the best because he's an administrator. Things were crappy, Ludd was being hostile, the Ironborn are still dicking about, and Ramsay is kind of a dick, so a military advisor seemed like the right way to go. I also found Royland more trustworthy because of his bluntness, he doesn't seem to care for (or be capable of) political intrigue.

I'm actually somewhat upset the he'll be the traitor in a majority of peoples' playthroughs.

• I chose Royland because he didn't hide things from me or circumvent my authority. Oh, and Duncan's dreaming if he thinks Ramsay won't flay you if you're just polite to him so you might as well keep your backbone intact.

• Royland, we needed and still need a strong military leader, not someone like Duncan. He doesn't allow people to walk over him, and that's the image I wanted to give off, that we don't let anyone just walk all over us.

• At first I chose Duncan because I felt that diplomacy may be a better way to deal with enemies, but as I played I followed only Royland's advice so I played it again and chose a different sentinel.

• You thought with diplomacy you would go far in the game and keep out of conflict clearly you don't know GoT no offence.

IbaMelly posted: »

At first I chose Duncan because I felt that diplomacy may be a better way to deal with enemies, but as I played I followed only Royland's advice so I played it again and chose a different sentinel.

• Royland really didn't fit the role of traitor, sneaking around writing hidden messages and waiting around to stab the Foresters in the back. Royland is a violent guy when pissed will strike with vengeance

• Duncan cause he is Gared's uncle and Gregor trusted him to protect North Grove.

• I chose Duncan because of his level head and wisdom. Oddly enough I sided with Royland more often than not.

• The castellan is suppose to be the military adviser when it comes defending a keep or castle, usually when the lord is away. A steward does the administrating and if one is not present, the maester takes up the role. The problem is that Telltale is combining roles that conflict with each other. Example: Royland is acting as the captain of the guard and master of arms.

I chose Royland because he was the only correct choice. Actually, I chose him because a military advisor was what I needed. Duncan was al

• If you didn't think diplomacy was a viable option then you don't know Game of Thrones.

The term "game of thrones" is literally just "diplomacy and politics."

NicWarden posted: »

You thought with diplomacy you would go far in the game and keep out of conflict clearly you don't know GoT no offence.

• Kings Landing definitely but the North I don't think so.

If you didn't think diplomacy was a viable option then you don't know Game of Thrones. The term "game of thrones" is literally just "diplomacy and politics."

• Northerners are still people. With the Ironborn occupation and the Wildling invasions diplomacy is more important than ever. Diplomacy with Ramsay is pointless (so is fighting because Plot Armour™ and Twenty Good Men™) but diplomacy with the Whitehills, Glenmores, Roose, and possibly Stannis later on is plausible. The North's desperation makes diplomacy much more essential than it is in the South.

Kings Landing definitely but the North I don't think so.

• I do know GoT, but I just felt that diplomacy would suit Ethan's character better than being aggressive. And not everyone in Westeros is like the Boltons, some people actually understand the power of words (Duncan for example, the man that was chosen the most to be Ethan's new sentinel).

You thought with diplomacy you would go far in the game and keep out of conflict clearly you don't know GoT no offence.

• Picked Duncan as my Sentinel; He actually thinks things through before acting on impulse which is exactly what I didn't like about Royland.
  • OK I don't want a argument just saying now that there's war between the Foresters and Whitehill's and two dead lords later (R/A depending) I find it hard to believe there can be peace.

IbaMelly posted: »

I do know GoT, but I just felt that diplomacy would suit Ethan's character better than being aggressive. And not everyone in Westeros is lik

• I picked Duncan cuz i like him... I also didnt listen to Gwyn, I almost beat Gryff to death, i hit the guard, and Duncan is still friendly with me, so i'm happy... xD

enter image description here

• enter image description here

Look at that pose, look at those guns, that strapping chest. The crossing of the arms show a defensive position, ready to protect the Forresters. He's cool and confident, he knows his foes tremble when gazing upon those on fleek brows. Royland's relaxed, he's easy going, but those steely eyes are always watching, surveying, assessing.

An anagram of Royland Degore is Legendary Odor. His is a manly musk, a sure sign of his virility and vitality. A strong, independent Northerner and the Sentinel of my heart.

• I believe Royland is from the Riverlands.

Look at that pose, look at those guns, that strapping chest. The crossing of the arms show a defensive position, ready to protect the Forres

• Damn. The wiki has failed me.

Kireilt posted: »

I believe Royland is from the Riverlands.

• To be honest, it's never been officially stated where he's from.

Damn. The wiki has failed me.

• Ser Royland, I liked how he always seemed to be happy to see me and was very respectful of my decisions. Duncan is too whiny!

• "Oh my gods! I told you to stay down! But noooooo! You had to get up and anger Gryff! This is all your fau- HEY! Don't you turn your back on me!"

Ser Royland, I liked how he always seemed to be happy to see me and was very respectful of my decisions. Duncan is too whiny!

• I chose Duncan because I needed my sentinel to be aware about the North Grove. And I had a feeling the person who didn't become sentinel would die. And because I chose to execute Royland, I was right lol

Sign in to comment in this discussion.