Mira Forrester vs Cersei Lannister: Who Wins?

enter image description here

vs.

I've personally been quite a fan of how the intrigue of Kings Landing has changed Mira persona into a more cunning and calculating figure - her skills are quite impressive for someone originated from a third tier minor House in the Wolfswood. I never trusted Cersei whom I think is quite possibly Mira's most dangerous adversary (though it somehow still works out better than Ramsay and his own plot armor) and have always wanted to two to enter into a battle of wits and intrigue.

While Cersei being the Queen Mother would have far more influence and resources at hand, is she fundamentally smarter than Mira?

I think not - from Tywin's own account Cersei is not as clever as she likes to think of herself, which has mostly to do with her getting blindsided by emotion when intrigue requires a much colder approach - so her mindset is in fact a self-destructive time bomb combining emotional volatility with overconfidence - I mean just look what that all builds towards in Season 5...

While Mira isn't Tyrion level intelligent, I do think she is at the very least above average who can work surprisingly well in the fart of intrigue for someone with her minor status.

Episode 5 did put Mira is a rather precarious situation, pretty much left at the mercy of Cersei but without breaking the canon do you think that she is skilled enough to find a way to mentally outmaneuver Cersei?

Comments

• Thats like ramsey vs bran

• Huh? I don't get it....

WAIT.... like how Ramsay doesn't stand a chance against Bran despite him being a child because of his Warg abilities?

Kenny4ever posted: »

Thats like ramsey vs bran

• Shit i forgot about those. Aight ramsay vs the fat kid who makes pie or whatever

Harian96 posted: »

Huh? I don't get it.... WAIT.... like how Ramsay doesn't stand a chance against Bran despite him being a child because of his Warg abilities?

• HA !

Shit i forgot about those. Aight ramsay vs the fat kid who makes pie or whatever

• One has an entire army, essentially rules the seven kingdoms including kings landing the other ....uh used to be a handmaiden.

• Tywin is still alive at this point so she controls shit.She commands like 20 guys in her personal household guard.

• Lol seriously that's like saying who would win The Mountain or Robin

• He would suck on the Mountain's breasts and bled him dry. Yeah, let that image sink into your brain... O_o

Lol seriously that's like saying who would win The Mountain or Robin

• Well then.... thanks for that xD

He would suck on the Mountain's breasts and bled him dry. Yeah, let that image sink into your brain... O_o

• Cersei would totally win... :p

And that's pretty obvious.

• While Cersei does have a lot of power, I think Mira could outplay her.

• I see what you mean.

I think it is possible for Mira to fool Cersei. The queen is really not that smart, and she gets crazier every minute. I think Mira can convince Cersei that she is useful, as long as she keeps her wits to herself so that Cersei doesn't think she is a smartass.

However, a huge problem Mira has right now is that nobody in King's Landing would care if she suddenly disappeared, so Cersei would have no problems with discarding her after getting what she wants.

• Cersei, hands down!

I don't know who the other is, but I am a huge admirer of Cersei. I could go as far as claim that I love her like a sister.

• Eh. Not too like Jaime I hope.

Kerr_Avon posted: »

Cersei, hands down! I don't know who the other is, but I am a huge admirer of Cersei. I could go as far as claim that I love her like a sister.

• edited October 2015

In terms of playing the game, Mira is definitely way smarter and cunning than Cersei. But she is in a huge disadvantage. Cersei has a lot of power and can easily kill Mira.

This is how I would describe the difference between them. Cersei has many cards on her hands and could easily use them recklessly and wastefully. Mira has a few cards on her hand. but she would use them smarter.

• Mira can't "win" vs. Cersei, she simply isn't powerful enough. She can try to survive though, as Cersei has bigger problems than Mira.

• This comment made me laugh so hard and I have no idea why

Shit i forgot about those. Aight ramsay vs the fat kid who makes pie or whatever

• Wow, this is the first time I've seen anyone on this forum make a subtle reference to incest.

ShampaFK posted: »

Eh. Not too like Jaime I hope.

• Mira could win, in theory at least - the odds wouldn't favor her but its still a possibility - she has just one advantage over Cersei, that being her wits as opposed to Cersei whose increasingly engulfed in her own paranoia...

Tyrion was right you know - he called Mira 'the most dangerous handmaiden' in all of Kings Landing.

However: Handmaiden vs Queen Mother - from this perspective there wouldn't even be a competition, Cersei could annihilate Mira quite easily... although I do think Mira has the potential to be a formidable adversary - as another user already stated, she has fewer playing cards than Cersei, but would use hers more wisely and perhaps therefore more productively, Mira can 'win' but not in an outright fashion - for her to win she must pretend to be under Cersei's thumb whilst maintaining her own agenda through her new servitude to Cersei........ wait.....

I just remembered what happens to both Margery AND Cersei in Season 5.... it makes me wonder how that affected Mira.... hopefully we'll get some insight into that with Season 2 (unless Telltale kills Mira, which would be a shame...)

• edited October 2015

In the books, some of Margaery's cousins are arrested with her for participating on "sleepovers" with her (I don't know if this was mentioned in the show). While Mira is not one of her cousins, TellTale could still make Cersei accuse Mira along with the cousins so that Mira would be directly affected by those events in Season 2.

Mira could win, in theory at least - the odds wouldn't favor her but its still a possibility - she has just one advantage over Cersei, that

• Thanks for that.

He would suck on the Mountain's breasts and bled him dry. Yeah, let that image sink into your brain... O_o

• Cersei would win. Despite Mira's quick-thinking, Cersei just has way more experience in playing the game, also while Cersei is starting to fall to paranoia and Mira does seem more intelligent, Mira's downfall would be a lack of resources, and her obvious growing ego(despite the aforementioned lack of experience). She's getting a hunger for the game, that's growing faster than her skill at playing it and going against Cersei at this stage would be suicide.

• I just got harder than the Mountain's armour.

• 3 words : Cersei's Plot Armor

• Cersei would win. Even though Mira is smart and knows how to play the game. She's been smart without any resoures (except Tom's help and a bit from Tyrion). To go up against Cersei alone with the power she holds would be too stupid. Mira could get away (Sansa style), but not destroy Cersei completly, as Cersei would with Mira - with a snap of her fingertips Mira could die. But I'm always going to root for Mira, she's one of my favorites in the game.

• Have there been more obvious references? ;)

Wow, this is the first time I've seen anyone on this forum make a subtle reference to incest.

• Cersi is a bitch and I hate her. Idgaf if Mira isn't as powerful, Mira could outsmart that insipid twit any day. It would be best if Cersi underestimates Mira so I can sneak my way to the upper hand if I get the chance... If not, I'm taking her head on, and bringing her down with me if I fall. I can't wait for the last episode :)

• edited October 2015

Cersei to Mira:

oh and

AgentZ46 posted: »

While Cersei does have a lot of power, I think Mira could outplay her.

• But its not as 'in your face' as Ramsay's plot armor.

reply671 posted: »

3 words : Cersei's Plot Armor

• Glad to make you laugh:)

This comment made me laugh so hard and I have no idea why

• Cersei would crush Mira

• True but it's still there.

But its not as 'in your face' as Ramsay's plot armor.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.