"Most ambitious episode ever"

"The epic conclusion to the season is the most ambitious and diversely presented episode we've ever produced," said Kevin Bruner, CEO and Co-Founder of Telltale Games.

Huge words! Thoughts?

Comments

• I'm guessing that has something to do with the Asher/Rodrik choice. It'll be the first time we really have two distinctly different episodes depending on a past choice, if they make it work.

• I believe them after how fantastic Tales from the Borderlands finale was. Will it be better than Tales finale? Uhhhhhhh...We'll see(?) (Tales finale is my favorite Telltale Episode ever, so not trying to say Thrones finale won't be good, but It has a lot to go up against).

• Ohhh yeah. This finale has a lot to live up too due to that wonderful tales finale. Let's hope it will live up to the hype!

I believe them after how fantastic Tales from the Borderlands finale was. Will it be better than Tales finale? Uhhhhhhh...We'll see(?) (Tale

• Considering the wait it had better damn well be amazing.

• edited October 2015

I couldn't be more angry at those assholes for this ridiculous waiting, they need to answer this one way or another, especially after they said "October will be a mega month (Yeah, my ass)" and that GoT will come soon after TftB (Yeah, one month is not that much, right?). The only explanation I can give myself is that they're working on two pretty much different plots for Asher and Rodrik, but there wasn't a gap like this since The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 and those fuckers said that won't happen again, GG TellTale.
    I'm sorry for the tone, but I tried to contain my anger as well as I could.

• edited October 2015

more angry at those assholes

and those fuckers

What great things to say to the people dedicating all their time and effort into making these games the best they can possibly be. Wonderful words of support right here.

I couldn't be more angry at those assholes for this ridiculous waiting, they need to answer this one way or another, especially after they s

• edited October 2015

As I said i tried to contain my anger as well as I could and you're right, they dedicate all of their time and effort on making these games as good as possible, but they keep doing this crap and they promise that won't happen again, they keep fucking with us and that makes me mad. Now they're saying this will be the most epic episode ever but they've been lying all this time and I'm getting sick of this. I'm going to take all this back when the episode comes out and it really justifies the wait.

more angry at those assholes and those fuckers What great things to say to the people dedicating all their time and effort into making these games the best they can possibly be. Wonderful words of support right here.

• 17 weeks between episodes. I'm laughing so hard right now.

• I'm a lot more mad about the ending choice at Ep4 than waiting for the finale.
    it's the hardest thing watching one of your favorite characters die like that. it better be worth it. I'm waiting for one hell of a final episode

P.S: (spoiler) earlier this season rodrik said: "I am going to kill that man (ludd whitehill)". so if he is dead now! is asher gonna take care of that? what the hell is up with that. telltale why u do this!

• At least now we kinda know the wait is down to ambition and not rewrites. AND we actually have a date. Things are looking up.

• I think it will be delayed until November 4th 2026

• Of course I do, I'm not pissed because I've got nothing else to do but this is not the first time Telltale pulls this.

• Really? Tales's finale released and everyone alredy missess that game (me included). Now we at least have something to wait for, but after that? Nothing. Nothing from GOT for a long time. Seriously the wait's fine by me, I don't want another great series to end.

Of course I do, I'm not pissed because I've got nothing else to do but this is not the first time Telltale pulls this.

• Sounds like it'll be great. Whatever they do, I'll stand by them.

... Unless Gared dies.

• It would be AWESOME!!!

I'm guessing that has something to do with the Asher/Rodrik choice. It'll be the first time we really have two distinctly different episodes depending on a past choice, if they make it work.

• Gared will die

RhysAndLee posted: »

Sounds like it'll be great. Whatever they do, I'll stand by them. ... Unless Gared dies.

• 'scuse you

Gared will die

• I miss Tales so much... :(

Really? Tales's finale released and everyone alredy missess that game (me included). Now we at least have something to wait for, but after t

• Smile and laugh on the outside while crying inside, like a mad man.

• I also agree Gared will die he's not my favourite and his storyline makes me weep.

• Yeah, hopefully this is a good sign towards a TWD S3 with Clem if that ever happens. I'm glad they're putting their time in to it, I've enjoyed the GOT telltale but there have been moments that felt rushed.

I'm guessing that has something to do with the Asher/Rodrik choice. It'll be the first time we really have two distinctly different episodes depending on a past choice, if they make it work.

• edited October 2015

You'd rather have them rush it and not have the fleshed out choices, like people so often complain about? Can't have it both ways.

Of course I do, I'm not pissed because I've got nothing else to do but this is not the first time Telltale pulls this.

• edited October 2015

Of course, ignoring the choice component . . .

If it was rushed, there would be complaints stating that it feels rushed and about the 'bad/lazy writing'.

So it is indeed a case of 'can't win'. Also, I find it amusing that people have wanted a release date,only to then complain when we finally get one.

goosu posted: »

You'd rather have them rush it and not have the fleshed out choices, like people so often complain about? Can't have it both ways.

• Plus considering what they did at the end this is the first time they'll have a completely different perspective based on choice. I'm glad they're going that route and trying to make both sides feel unique.

Rob_K posted: »

Of course, ignoring the choice component . . . If it was rushed, there would be complaints stating that it feels rushed and about the 'ba

• edited October 2015

Same. It remains to be seen whether they'll pull it off, but I'm not going to give them crap if they don't manage it, considering few games handle the choice aspect well. The important thing is they've tried to make the choices matter as much as they can. Live and learn, and all that.

Plus considering what they did at the end this is the first time they'll have a completely different perspective based on choice. I'm glad they're going that route and trying to make both sides feel unique.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited October 2015

they need to answer this one way or another, especially after they said "October will be a mega month (Yeah, my ass)"

It was a single, off handed Twitter comment made on a staff member's own personal Twitter account - not an official promotion or anything like that. I mean, I'm also disappointed the episode doesn't come out this month, but it seems a bit harsh to scrutinize them for an off handed Twitter comment and then turn around and wonder why they don't talk to fans more. If people scrutinize them that much for that comment (that wasn't anything set up like an official event), what makes them feel any better about actually giving us information of substance if people will scrutinize that even more?

I couldn't be more angry at those assholes for this ridiculous waiting, they need to answer this one way or another, especially after they s

• I'm not saying they need to rush it, but does it take 4 months to release an episode? It only happened with TWAU because they had to rewrite the story and Borderlands because I don't know but I hope it will be something epic if it's taking them this long.

• edited October 2015

I just binge played tales... And yeah I don't think GoTs finale will beat out Tales' finale no matter how long they stall it. Unless it's 5 hours long

• If Gared dies I'm done with Telltales version of GoT... He's the only one that knows the real problem going on unlike Rodrik/Asher

NicWarden posted: »

I also agree Gared will die he's not my favourite and his storyline makes me weep.

• I don't think it's going to beat Tales, I really don't see how they could beat the choice based boss fight at the end

• edited October 2015

To beat the tales finale it's going to have to be near perfect. I didn't think I would fall in love with tales from the borderlands. I trust in tales to make this a wonderful finale.

• It'd better be perfect with no flaws because up to this point the series has been ok to decent at best.

• I'm expecting a huge battle with our character slaying Gryffs ugly ass , with ludd watching from far away as his face turns all red , then as he turns around to retreat and boom Talia stabs him right in his neck like how Ethan died saying "the forresters send their regards".

• What if it ends on a cliffhanger ?

It'd better be perfect with no flaws because up to this point the series has been ok to decent at best.

• What if your character gets stabbed through the chest from behind by Gryff. Your character's mother/sister gets put into slavery/rapped. Your countrymen enslaved, and u start season 2 as a new family ?

I'm expecting a huge battle with our character slaying Gryffs ugly ass , with ludd watching from far away as his face turns all red , then a

• edited October 2015

Well, slavery is outlawed in Westeros, so there's that.

But if everyone dies on the next episode, I think TellTale will notice a gap between the sales of Season 1 and Season 2. They wouldn't be so stupid to deliver such a crappy finale if they expect people to buy Season 2, unless they don't get what Game of Thrones is all about and think people watch it because they enjoy watching their favourites die.

What if your character gets stabbed through the chest from behind by Gryff. Your character's mother/sister gets put into slavery/rapped. Your countrymen enslaved, and u start season 2 as a new family ?

• Ep5*

SaeedEzio posted: »

I'm a lot more mad about the ending choice at Ep4 than waiting for the finale. it's the hardest thing watching one of your favorite charac

• Then I will burn my ipad and pc

What if it ends on a cliffhanger ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.