Do I?

Do I need to have watched GoT to be able to enjoy telltale's game? Someone told me I'd be confused if I played or were to watch an lp. They said it's not like going into TFTBL or TWD where you can jump into it and gradually understand, which I found kind of disappointing. I'll get to the show eventually, but I'd really like to just play the game or at the very least watch a let's play. Opinions please! :D

Comments

• Well personally for me I understand this game perfectly even tho I only knew little facts here and there about the universe so I think you should be fine

• Here watch this

• It'll help but you don't have to watch it. I know people who aren't even fans of the show but love the game.

• Considering how dissapointing the game is IMO not knowing what's going on just makes it even worse.

• Well for me it was as easy as with any other TTG game.Yes you may dont understand some minor things,but they can be easily checked in goooooooooooogle.So,in conclusion I wouldnt say it is hard to adapt to GoT game without watching the show

• I actually didn't watch the show until after the release of Iron From Ice, afterwards I became more curious about this strange new world that had been licensed to Telltale and ended up watching the show.... its great, its awesome, its almost as good as Breaking Bad.

• edited October 2015

Ramsay head spokesperson for telltale's reply:

enter image description here

Considering how dissapointing the game is IMO not knowing what's going on just makes it even worse.

• As a few others said, I didn't watch the show until a few episodes in, and I understood it perfectly... more or less.

• It might be a bit hard to follow in the first episode but once it focuses on its own story a lot more you should be fine.

• U not alone

Harian96 posted: »

I actually didn't watch the show until after the release of Iron From Ice, afterwards I became more curious about this strange new world tha

• Same!! I loved the TV-show, so I started reading the books too (I'm currently on ASoS) and I'm so thankful because now ASOIAF is the best thing I've ever read :)

Harian96 posted: »

I actually didn't watch the show until after the release of Iron From Ice, afterwards I became more curious about this strange new world tha

• I never watched Game of Thrones or read the novels, and I haven't had trouble following things. There are mentions of events that I don't know the full background about, but full knowledge of those are not completely necessary. The season does a good job of having the main story not entangled in too much stuff that will be confusing to those who hadn't experienced the universe of Game of Thrones prior to Telltale's game.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.