If you could play the ultimate GoT RPG...

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Hypothetically speaking, if could play a GoT game that covered the entirety of events in the series from begining to end, would you like to choose from a selection of noble houses and play as one for the entire game? Or would you prefer to play as multiple characters from different houses?

Comments

• covered the entirety of events in the series from begining to end

Are we taking from the rise of Old Valaria (very beginning) or from one of the Wars/Rebellions? (Halfway through to about current storyline)

selection of noble houses and play as one for the entire game?

You mean like a Witcher 3 fighting crossed with Crusader Kings 2 family dynasty, so that when your main dies you continue as a son or daughter?

play as multiple characters from different houses?

That's a lot of programming..

• Man... a Witcher 3 with Crusader Kings 2... if you add a Total War for part of the battles it would be a perfect game.

Barthanax posted: »

covered the entirety of events in the series from begining to end Are we taking from the rise of Old Valaria (very beginning) or fro

• I would personally prefer to play as just one (if I can choose from a selection, better). I don’t like much the idea (especially for a RPG game) of multiple characters. You end up living the story less and watching it more. I prefer to lose some parts of the story (for example, I would not expect my character to be at the Wall, at Kings Landing and at Meereen), but become more invested in the character.

And I believe that the same goes for houses. If I’m playing with multiple houses, I’m not really invested in any (or am invested in one and the rest are just there).

• I'm talking about the entirety of the book series, from A Game of Thrones to A Dream of Spring.

Barthanax posted: »

covered the entirety of events in the series from begining to end Are we taking from the rise of Old Valaria (very beginning) or fro

• edited November 2015

I some what agree with TMLC but I believe the idea of having multiple characters, with different stories that some how intertwine, has a good purpose for those making the purchase of the game. Although you do see the characters again, changing the characters leaves the player wandering about the previous character making them ask questions driving their curiosity which in the long run causes the player to buy the next episode. That is why from my perspective, since I intend on being a Game Developer in the future I would choose multiple characters to play along as.

• So you would rather play one character or one house. If you had the freedom, what kind of character would like to play?

TMLC posted: »

I would personally prefer to play as just one (if I can choose from a selection, better). I don’t like much the idea (especially for a RPG g

• So current storyline. Gotcha.

Kireilt posted: »

I'm talking about the entirety of the book series, from A Game of Thrones to A Dream of Spring.

• edited November 2015

Am I the only one who played that GoT RPG by Cyanide? I actually liked it.

• I enjoyed it. I hope we get another one, just with better production quality.

• In terms of “what the character is” (social position, etc.), I think it mostly depends on the kind of game. But in terms of “how the character acts”, I usually try to act like as if I am the character, so… like myself.

Kireilt posted: »

So you would rather play one character or one house. If you had the freedom, what kind of character would like to play?

• If it had better combat, it'd be perfect.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.