My Theory Of The North Grove

Gared and Sylvi walk through a forest, Gared starts to notice the shade of trees grow darker and taller, as they walk further into the forest he touches a tree and realises it's Ironwood (This is how only a Forrester can find the North Grove). Sylvi turns to see a stone structure through the snowy Ironwood Grove, they both run to it and arrive at the gates of a abandoned rundown fortress similar in style to Ironrath. Once inside they find parchments and carvings telling that this was the home of the original Forresters before migrating south to Wolfswood. Gared finds a Ironwood seed with a Forrester Sigel engraved in it (This is the power of the North Grove), Gared goes outside and buries it. Remember when Talia placed two Ironwood seeds in the hands of Lord Gregor's and Ethan's hands before they were burnt in the Ironwood fire. Sylvi shows Gared the power of the engraved seed and realises that if a Forrester is holding a Ironwood seed when he/she dies, he/she can be resurrected by the power of the North Grove. Gard then has to choose who is resurrected. OOOOOOOH DAHM I JUST MADE THIS UP BUT DAHM IF IT WERE TRUE !!

Comments

• edited November 2015

Well that's... weird

• Well resurrection is a funny thing in the series, so I'm not sure it would work out well. And it's not like we could expect Asher or Rodrik to be resurrected because Gared doesn't even know they're dead.

• I know Gared doesn't know Asher/Rodrik is dead but he does know Gregor and Ethan are, and I think that this Ironwood blue fire ritual is special and Westeros already has White Walkers, Dragons/Fire proof Dany, Lord of the Light and that weird magician in Qaurth.

• No! I refuse! No ressurection and Gared is not a Forrester.

• edited November 2015

I made the same theory not so long ago.

But here is my new theory. We all know that Forresters know more about the Ironwood than any house in Westeros and the wood seems to hint of magic with its blue flame. Maybe the North Grove is the heart of the Ironwood and Gared can somehow use it to either activate the true power of the Ironwood making the Forrester stronger during the war or render the Ironwood useless to the Whitehills so only the Forrester can make anything with them. Remember the Whitehill's Ironwood shield in episode 4? It was somehow rotten and Rodrik seems surprised when he saw it.

Ludd mention in episode 1 that their share was taken from them, forcing them to harvest what was left. Maybe the North Grove has a role in that?

• Okay uhh...

I have a theory regarding the "being burried with seeds" thing.

What if... What if Forrester Ironwood is so much better not only because they are better crafters, but because their trees grow from corpses?

enter image description here

enter image description here

A forest of lost souls.

• That's a really good theory so the Ironwood has a life of it's own and only keeps it's shape if it was harvested by a Forrester.

I made the same theory not so long ago. But here is my new theory. We all know that Forresters know more about the Ironwood than any hous

• Yes Gared is. he lived in Forrester lands all his life it's like being a Londoner.

AgentZ46 posted: »

No! I refuse! No ressurection and Gared is not a Forrester.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.