who is stronger between gared and Asher

Gared did well at the twins he stood up against Britt twice killing him at the wall, he also defeated some widlings who tried to kill cotter
Asher on the other side stood up against the lost legion, dragon and also blood sung

Comments

• Ultimately I think Asher is tougher but their fighting styles are different. Gared has technique while Asher is all over the place and just hits them until they die. What I love about Gared is there's a different side to him, he can be really dark and angry, he has technique but in that fight with Britt on the wall he went absolutely apeshit and just destroyed him, no technique at all.

• Britt provoked gared at the wall he even described how he killed his dad

• I'd say that Asher is stronger than Gared, but I love them both for different reason. Here is why.

Asher is born to be a great warrior. He can show a fiery personality. Like @AgentZ46 said, Asher has a wild and aggressive fighting style. A style that seems largely self-taught or born out of experiences during his time in Essos. People in Essos has a different fighting style than Westeros, so Asher fights more pragmatically and brutally in order to kill his foes.

As for Gared. One of the aspect I love about his story, you watch him grow into an experienced warrior. He began the story as a squire. He obviously knows how to fight, but he doesn't seem to have a lot of personal experiences when it comes to fighting or how every fight can be the end of him. In the first episode. he got wounded by fighting three soldiers. By the time of his rematch against Britt, Gared is no longer a farm boy or a squire, but a trained and hardened ranger of the Night's Watch. It was quite obvious (At least to me) that his skill is better than Britt during their fight. In episode 4, Gared show more of his grown fighting skills by being capable of fighting several wildlings at once. And once again in episode 5, he is capable of fighting Wrights and being pragmatic during the fight. One can say whatever they want about Gared's character, but no one can deny that he is a badass warrior in his own right.

• Bravo seems you study them well

I'd say that Asher is stronger than Gared, but I love them both for different reason. Here is why. Asher is born to be a great warrior. H

• edited November 2015

In terms of actual physical strength (muscle and the like) Asher wins. He's just taller and more built. However, in terms of fighting skill, they're far more even--and it would be difficult to determine a winner, as they both fight very differently. Gared would be quicker and more precise, but Asher would hit harder, and probably have some moves (like Essosi stuff) that Gared wouldn't see coming.

Ultimately, Gared is extremely skilled in traditional swordsmanship, while Asher is equally skilled but in the likes of roguish, unorthodox combat. (Think bar and pit fights) So who is stronger? Asher. Who would actually win a fight? Too close to call. You've got a master swordsman going up against a master warrior. But if forced to bet on one, I'd go with Asher. Though I do really think it could easily go either way. (Like I think Asher would really underestimate Gared, and that could be his undoing).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.