The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• congratulation !!

I came to the forum on this exact day 2 years ago. I legit remember my 1 year anniversary happening like 5 minutes ago.

• It's an upcoming game where you play a fan of a video game company who tries to avoid a complete mental breakdown while waiting months between episodes of their game.

Jokes aside, I wonder if that's just some random meme or if that's the documentary Job was alluding to? EDIT: Yep, it's the Documentary:

• So, basically Life.

It's an upcoming game where you play a fan of a video game company who tries to avoid a complete mental breakdown while waiting months between episodes of their game.

• The actual title of the game is "Life is Strange, but without all the unbearably annoying characters."

So, basically Life.

• Hmm... I think all we can say about this now is that it's going to be cool, and we can't wait for you to see it! ;)

• and awful writing, shoddy pacing, and terrible dialogue

The actual title of the game is "Life is Strange, but without all the unbearably annoying characters."

• I'm working on SFM pics

enter image description here

• When Beyond the Sea plays

enter image description here

enter link description here

• Gotta love how they remove these tiny ass (no pun intended huehuehue) aspects of the game when you can still easily see the sexualness of these characters. The problem isn't the butt slap or crotch shot, it's that these characters are wearing nothing, and not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just I don't really see the point of removing these things when characters like R. Mika and Cammy both have there asses practically fully exposed LMAO

Just seems like a waste of development time to me even if it most likely only took like 30 minutes to do

• The music at the start gave me such a strong nostalgia trip...

Can't wait for this. ^_^

• This is exactly how my sister tells jokes.

• edited November 2015

Still looking forward to Force Awakens though I'll probably have to stay away from the internet for a while around the film's release as I'll probably be bombarded by a lot of arguing and nitpicking due to high expectations.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited November 2015

Holy crap I almost forget, it's only 11:53 I can still post on the anniversary date AND listen to the full song.

@MetallicaRules this is the anniversary I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A

"SS Edmund Fitzgerald was an American Great Lakes freighter that sank in a Lake Superior storm on November 10, 1975, with the loss of the entire crew of 29. When launched on June 7, 1958, she was the largest ship on North America's Great Lakes, and she remains the largest to have sunk there."

EDIT: Finish listening again, damn what a good song.

• thank uuuuu <3

Happy 2 year anniversary

• Thanks!

Happy anniversary!

• thank

Coolbeans. Happy 2 years.

• thank you!

BigBlindMax posted: »

Happy forum anniversary!

• I plan on it, haha. thanks tho <3

TheCatWolf posted: »

Happy 2 year anniversary! Hope you stay here for a long time

• fuk fam ily thank u br0 <3

Green613 posted: »

happy 2 year forumversary br0

• thanks but u suk mexicano

TDMshadowCP posted: »

congratulation !!

• At least you tried.

ComingSoon posted: »

Damn son, so much edginess I got cut.

• A question: what is the scenario depicted?

Duck_Hunt posted: »

I'm working on SFM pics

• I totally love this choreography.

link

• I would love to see that, I must admit. Scott Pilgrim is pretty awesome.

Jennifer posted: »

There were no choices in Telltale's games back when he turned it down though, as it was when they were still making puzzle adventure games.

• Yeah! You're right, Fallout 4 is good! Better than good actually, it's amazing! Too bad Rise of the Tomb Raider beats it by a long shot.

(See what I did there? I turned your comment back around at you. I knew what you meant)

papai46 posted: »

IKR, Fallout 4 is soooo good!

• Interesting... I'm intrigued.

You'll find out soon.

• edited November 2015

Well, after a long ass day yesterday, I can say I watched Spectre and it was awesome! :D (besides the uncomfortable seats, half the time I had to change seating position because...well let's say my boxers were giving me discomfort)

For the first time in my 007 reviews, this one has some slight spoilers but no major big ones since it's new and not on DVD yet.

This film marks a full circle of all the Craig Bond films up to day, each of this film linked to this film. So understandably, new comers of the films would be left a little confused to the references of the previous film's chronically linked story line of the reboot (I had to explain to my brother about several things). Spectre was in fact a quintessential film, as it had nods to all the older films, dating back to Dr. No. As a Bond fan since childhood, and seen all the films, these references just made me giddy. I was even reminded of the old films by the settings the movie progressed in (I betted with my brother that one scene was gonna go down, and I ended up right. lol)

The opening sequence was really freaking awesome, the atmosphere just keeps pounding into you, tense and beautiful. I loved Bond's skeleton suit (god, I want that suit so badly) and the choreography that was displayed. There was excellent flow in the cameras that you could've sworn the first minutes were all one shot! They made Bond stand out with his suit and the girl next to him (always knew death wore a familiar face) and made this man, Sciarro, stand out with his bright coloured suit. I was able to immediately tell who they were.

And the title sequence was actually really good, and it made the song by Sam Smith enjoyable when put together. It was awesome (although a little too heavy on the risqué parts, kinda distracted me from the story it's trying to tell).

The movie actually has two intersecting storylines, Bond (of course) and MI6 (M, Moneypenny, and Q does a lot). I can't say much but how both were handled were great. Bond was undoubtedly sloppy in a few scenes and caused a bit of a mess. I did love the chemistry between Bond and Madeliene Swann (even if it was a bit rushed, but you have to expect that in Bond films), and it showed more of the humane side of James. There were plenty of humorous Bond moments in the film to break the tension. And I loved how Bond's allies have to help Bond more in this film, basically they were all in deep shit. And Craig's Bond's dynamic actually gets a boost in the film and shows some huge character development.

Madelienne Swann (forgot the actress' name, it was French) was pretty good in the film, and some interesting dynamic in the film. But overall, she felt like any other Bond girl that I've seen, especially Tracy from OHMSS. I can't say much for spoilers so I'll leave it for people to see and learn. Still, the actress did superb.

Mr. Hinx (Dave Bautista did a wonderful job) plays as the traditional big guy henchman that Bond often fought in the series. In fact, he almost reminded me as Jaws. He was nearly unstoppable in all his scenes and was just this silent killing machine. In the film, he actually had a distinct feature, metallic nails on his thumbs used to do critical damage. Sadly these were only used once and I wish they used those more. I loved the chase seen he and James had in Rome, it was reminiscent of Die Another Day's chase but less heavy on gadgets. I want him to come back, damnit! He was really good!

Franz Oberhauser (Christoph freaking Waltz) is the main antagonist of the film Spectre. I can't say much, but I feel that they handled his character very well overall (well no shit, if you have Waltz it's gonna be good). There were some questionable aspects on his backstory on himself and Spectre. But the personal thing between him and Bond, was undeniably on psychotic levels (Some felt his motives were lackluster, but people forget that psychopaths need little reason to be agitated, their logic is outside our logic). Franz is the return of those villains from our past, someone who sends his men to kill Bond but if Bond is there, might as well let him in on a little secret before killing him (another thing criticized, seriously this is trope in Bond films, were people expecting something else? Acceptance is an important rule in the Bond series). Waltz's performance was outstanding in this film, I now understand the hype of this actor as I've never seen his other films, he was purfect for this casting.

There were a few scenes I felt should've been done a little differently, some ended too short. And some of the story, when you put too much thought on it, made me scratch my head slightly. Also, it was pretty easy for me to predict some of the scenes of its future events, since I was fan of the films for a long time and know them in and out. Overall, it was a solid Bond film and really holds on its own despite how some says it's shit. I give it an 8.5 out of 10, and it held honor to its franchise. It's as much as I expected to be, and I'm glad I didn't set my standards way too high like some did. For that, it made the film more enjoyable for me and I CANNOT WAIT TO GET IT ON DVD!

• We've been talking about it on this thread :) : https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/90616/2015-movies

Madelienne Swann (forgot the actress' name, it was French)

Actresses name is Lea Seydoux

In fact, he almost reminded me as Jaws.

He was a great henchman and he actually reminded me of oddjob.

I can't say much, but I feel that they handled his character very well overall (well no shit, if you have Waltz it's gonna be good). There were some questionable aspects on his backstory on himself and Spectre. But the personal thing between him and Bond, was undeniably on psychotic levels (Some felt his motives were lackluster, but people forget that psychopaths need little reason to be agitated, their logic is outside our logic). Franz is the return of those villains from our past, someone who sends his men to kill Bond but if Bond is there, might as well let him in on a little secret before killing him (another thing criticized, seriously this is trope in Bond films, were people expecting something else? Acceptance is an important rule in the Bond series). Waltz's performance was outstanding in this film, I now understand the hype of this actor as I've never seen his other films, he was purfect for this casting.

You should definitely see more of his movies, such a great actor- I think he gave a great performance but I do think his character's writing was bad, they never really implied he was a psychopath since childhood so the fact that he killed daddy for trying to help a depressed orphan who lost his parents was random, they never explained his motivation and its painfully obvious that this was written last minute and that he wasn't responsible for the events in other movies- just my opinion but nothing against Waltz, he was amazing as usual.

Overall: I really enjoyed it despite my criticisms and if this was made back in Connery's era: it would have something like a 8.5 on IMDb and a 96% on Rotten Tomatoes since this was basically a modernised version of a classic Bond movie- 8/10 from me

• Guess who's birthday it is today!

• enter image description here

Happy Birthday!

Guess who's birthday it is today!

• That must be what you tell yourself every night when you go to sleep :)

papai46 posted: »

At least you tried.

• Happy Birthday! :D

• Guess who's birthday it is today!

• enter image description here

CosmicSouls posted: »

Happy Birthday!

• I meant for it to be scout and Engi chatting

A question: what is the scenario depicted?

• Well it turns out that the headphone jack on the Xbox 360 controller is for voice chat only, so I have to keep playing game sound through my shitty TV speakers. Fuck.

• Happy Birthday!

• Microsoft, amirite?

Well it turns out that the headphone jack on the Xbox 360 controller is for voice chat only, so I have to keep playing game sound through my shitty TV speakers. Fuck.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.