The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Not sure. It's a business from Sydney.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Black-Headset-Headphone-w-mic-for-Microsoft-Xbox-360-Slim-Controller-Live-/171548265795?hash=item27f112cd43:g:7fYAAOSwpDdU2xAu

I've heard you can get adapters or cables or something which let you play the game sound through the headphones, but I have no idea where to look. Apart from games that have the headset option built-in, then I have to keep playing sound through the speakers (on a TV which tends to glitch out.

Microsoft, amirite?

• edited November 2015

First day impressions for Fallout 4 and Rise Of The Tomb Raider:

So far both are off to fantastic starts. I'm about 3-4 hours into both and I gotta say it is some of the most fun I've had gaming in years and I gotta say it is making me rethink my pick for GOTY. In terms of which game I am liking better as of now it is Rise Of The Tomb Raider, but still got a long way to go in both and both are great and i have yet to experience any problems with either game yet. No Game bugs and No framerate drops in either that I've noticed. I'm gonna make a breakdown of which game I think does certain things better after I get some more gameplay of each in.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited November 2015

"This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

--- Elmer Davis

enter image description here

• Happy birthday!

Guess who's birthday it is today!

• It's 2:30 P.M. here and it's already almost as dark as night, who turned off the sun?

Also it's raining hard, since the morning.

• Oh, sounds kinda depressing and that kind of weather often makes me moody. But it's pretty hot here and has been that for a long time. it is the middle of November but I really like it here now. :D

It's 2:30 P.M. here and it's already almost as dark as night, who turned off the sun? Also it's raining hard, since the morning.

• Eh, that's Lithuania for you. Autumn is the season of rain here. I don't really mind it though, rain is nice. Looking at the rain from the comfort of my home makes me feel cozy. Weather doesn't really change my mood.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Oh, sounds kinda depressing and that kind of weather often makes me moody. But it's pretty hot here and has been that for a long time. it is the middle of November but I really like it here now.

• I enjoy rain and its sound, makes me a bit inspired, but not all the time. I prefer sunny day though, it does make me happier, but that's just me. :)

Eh, that's Lithuania for you. Autumn is the season of rain here. I don't really mind it though, rain is nice. Looking at the rain from the comfort of my home makes me feel cozy. Weather doesn't really change my mood.

• I've been playing Fallout 4 and I've only come across a few glitches but they're all entertaining so I don't mind:

Dogmeat becomes one with the machine

Girl loses eyes

First day impressions for Fallout 4 and Rise Of The Tomb Raider: So far both are off to fantastic starts. I'm about 3-4 hours into both a

• but it's pretty hot

Oh, sounds kinda depressing and that kind of weather often makes me moody. But it's pretty hot here and has been that for a long time. it is the middle of November but I really like it here now.

• This gif is godly.

but it's pretty hot

• edited November 2015

Ah, thanks! I'll be sure to check it out!

I think the reason I say Franz was a psychopath is because he was so obsessed about the idea of life and death bonding people, and that he showed no real regret from killing his father. They don't need to outright say it, but how he acted with everything seemed psychopathic. I do wish they gave more detail on the character's backstory and how he became leader of Spectre. I believe how he took credit for everything was just to get under Bond's skin, not literal. He just wants to legitimize his role since he's the leader of the group, sort of boosting his own ego. Plus I knew all along he was Blofeld, you can't have Spectre without Blofeld, and vice versa. But I respect that Waltz for trying to keep it a surprise. I was however a little confused of the sudden name change, but then I thought it was to cover his tracks after death and I learned the name was from his mother's bloodline (I believe for this reason shows how much he despised his father).

BTW when Silva was mentioned to be part of Spectre. I believe he was a loose associate and was part of the revenge department. Silva would work for Spectre while Spectre gives him everything he needs to get revenge on M, which in turn would damage MI6 and benefit Spectre's plans. And it actually makes sense, because in Skyfall, I always wondered where he got all this equipment, and where he got all these henchman and as to why would they follow a guy who wants revenge on one person. Now it all makes sense to me.

• why do you try so hard to be Wolfenus54

but it's pretty hot

• enter image description here

pre-final render, got better results now. I still need to tinker with the skin settings.

• I just entered the library and saw there is a novelized version of batman: arkham knight. Is this regular or normal? I've seen graphic novels mostly made from video games but other than splinter cell, I don't remember seeing a novelization of a video game. Just seems unusual to me.

• Chill your beans bruh, they're only temporary

papai46 posted: »

THAT'S NOT HOW KHAJIT NAMES WORK!

• edited November 2015

I do this and I can confirm that it's way faster if you're doing it right. Plus it's really hard to go back to normal after a while.

Though I mostly only do it while climbing up.

• I do this all the time, it is definitely way faster, and I'm very short.

• obviously theyre trying to get their speed run strats down

• Marijaa gtfo

why do you try so hard to be Wolfenus54

• Why do I have to be the negative-opinion giver for this? I really liked it but I get where critics are coming from in some ways.

I think the reason I say Franz was a psychopath is because he was so obsessed about the idea of life and death bonding people, and that he showed no real regret from killing his father. They don't need to outright say it, but how he acted with everything seemed psychopathic. I do wish they gave more detail on the character's backstory and how he became leader of Spectre.

Me and most critics agree in saying he was poorly written, even if you do think "Psychopathic" is the right word, he lets down on the Psychopathic level because we had Silva and Skyfall right before this, and no matter how you took it, they still never made it clear, and what was his motivation? Being a Psychopath doesn't automatically explain everything, idk- I didn't hate him as much as others did but they failed to go into it.

I believe how he took credit for everything was just to get under Bond's skin, not literal

Out of all the points you've made, this is the only one I disagree with you 100% on. Yes, he was trying to get under Bond's skin but throughout the movie, they clearly state that he and Spectre were responsible for the events in previous movies and go on about how Quantum and Silva were linked to them, Mr White was even said to have dealt with Franz/Blofield. He literally meant that he and Spectre were responsible for stuff that happened in the first 3 movies and that's where I had a little trouble buying it since if they wanted to and had this idea before: they would have foreshadowed it but they didn't.

Plus I knew all along he was Blofeld, you can't have Spectre without Blofeld, and vice versa. But I respect that Waltz for trying to keep it a surprise. I was however a little confused of the sudden name change, but then I thought it was to cover his tracks after death and I learned the name was from his mother's bloodline (I believe for this reason shows how much he despised his father).

That wasn't a surprise from set photos, rumors, just the fact that this is Spectre after all.

BTW when Silva was mentioned to be part of Spectre. I believe he was a loose associate and was part of the revenge department. Silva would work for Spectre while Spectre gives him everything he needs to get revenge on M, which in turn would damage MI6 and benefit Spectre's plans. And it actually makes sense, because in Skyfall, I always wondered where he got all this equipment, and where he got all these henchman and as to why would they follow a guy who wants revenge on one person. Now it all makes sense to me.

I heard about the Silva/Spectre thing before but same could be said about Quantum being part of Spectre the whole time but all I see is convenient stuff here: they took stuff from other movies and tied them all up and gave the credit to the main villain to make him look more threatening, that Silva thing does make sense when you think about it but let's face it: they never foreshadowed it or on-screen said how they aided Silva, all I see is last minute writing and small un-explained things that they were conveniently able to tie up with a bow and send away.

Again, I loved it so hopefully it doesn't sound like I'm trashing this..

Ah, thanks! I'll be sure to check it out! I think the reason I say Franz was a psychopath is because he was so obsessed about the idea of

• I'm tall and I do this all the time when I'm on my own without even thinking about it and then once I've basically ran up the stairs I'm just like, why did I even do that.

I must look like an absolute fool sometimes..

• Haha, don't worry you're not bashing, just being critical about it.

I get ya. They ultimately did lack information on his motives in Spectre outside of his issues with James. I feel like they missed out a bit when he was in the surveillance room with James and Swann. The only things I know he was after at the time was vengeance on Bond and getting complete surveillance with Nine Eyes program.

Ah that's right. I forgot about that scene where Q tells Bond about the ring atm. Sorry about that. Anyway, I think the problem lies that before Spectre, Kevin McClory owned the rights, which led to many script changes. I feel they wanted Spectre to be the main organisation the whole time but couldn't so that led to Quantum, but now the rights are EON's so they were able to use Spectre and Blofeld. If the rights were not given, Quantum would've been Spectre, hence the odd change.

I think with Silva they realized that plothole with his forces so they used Spectre to explain that. It was the best that could've been given I feel imo. Alot was convenient but it somewhat worked in some of the stuff but didn't mix as well as with other bits.

Saltlick123 posted: »

Why do I have to be the negative-opinion giver for this? I really liked it but I get where critics are coming from in some ways. I thi

• A new character just got announced for Smash 4. I'm not going to spoil it, but this game's roster is seriously becoming downright impressive at this point.

• Haha, don't worry you're not bashing, just being critical about it.

Thanks :) I used to defend movies I really enjoyed so much even if they were stupid but now, I'm able to criticize them and enjoy them, guess it's an age thing or something.

I get ya. They ultimately did lack information on his motives in Spectre outside of his issues with James. I feel like they missed out a bit when he was in the surveillance room with James and Swann. The only things I know he was after at the time was vengeance on Bond and getting complete surveillance with Nine Eyes program.

They didn't just lack information on his motives in Spectate but they didn't even really go into depth why he hated James or his father so much in the first place.

Ah that's right. I forgot about that scene where Q tells Bond about the ring atm. Sorry about that. Anyway, I think the problem lies that before Spectre, Kevin McClory owned the rights, which led to many script changes. I feel they wanted Spectre to be the main organisation the whole time but couldn't so that led to Quantum, but now the rights are EON's so they were able to use Spectre and Blofeld. If the rights were not given, Quantum would've been Spectre, hence the odd change.

I found the ring thing odd: how did it exactly link the previous Craig era villains (fingerprints, DNA digital files- the whole DNA thing people have said confuses me)? Also, that's what I've seen people saying on IMDb before with the whole "Quantum was meant to be Spectre" thing, I guess that shows that the movies planning wasn't completely out of nowhere but still irks me a little. My positives are on the 2015 Movies Thread so I'm not such a critic over there :)

Haha, don't worry you're not bashing, just being critical about it. I get ya. They ultimately did lack information on his motives in Spec

Here's what Negan could look like on the show. Can't wait, supposedly he'll show up on the S6 finale, comic readers should know what that means.

• edited December 2015

video

Cultural Marxism at its finest. As exaggerated and dramatic (as well as pretty damn hilarious) as this satire video is, it's also quite disturbing in a way, because our society actually does have the potential to become a form of this Orwellian nightmare in the future if things continue on as they are. There is a growing number of people who support Political Correctness who think they're advocating for a good cause, people who believe that sometimes a little force is necessary in order to create a better world, to make the world a safe space, that sometimes a little thought policing is necessary, for they are doing it for our benefit, so that we will no longer have to deal with the trauma of being offended by said "dangerous" and "offensive" thoughts. I have to ask though, where is the line? When have they gone too far in their noble crusade that often includes bullying and threatening the so called opposition into submission, and silencing the views and opinions of others that they deem offensive? Was there even a line to begin with? It may sound overdramatic, but these questions are becoming increasingly relevant nowadays.

We now live in a society of victimhood where fully grown adults are being infantilized, because they just can't handle being exposed to anything that makes them uncomfortable or anything that they don't 100% agree with. (Just check out what's happening on the majority of college campuses in America.) The media must be censored, the internet must be censored, school curriculum must be censored, speech must be censored, anything and everything that is labeled "offensive", no matter how unoffensive it is in reality, must be censored, because someone's feelings might get hurt. It's just irrational really, this is the real world, there will be disagreement, there will be opposition, and you will have to deal with things in life not going your way. That is just part of growing up. There is no way to essentially "baby proof" the whole world just so your feelings are safe from being hurt. No way that doesn't involve tyranny, that is. I actually know a number of people who act similarly to the hostile, anti-logic characters portrayed in this video, who really think that it is necessary for everyone to sacrifice their freedoms, to be silenced, willingly or by force, in order to make everyone feel "safe". Because heaven forbid that people have different opinions.

They don't even seem to realize how hypocritical they are being, they claim to oppose racism, discrimination against sexuality, and sexism, (the list is actually much longer, but for the sake of not clogging up the thread here is the abridged version: pretty much everything = totes problematic you oppressive shitlord) but they won't hesitate to attack your race, sexuality, or gender if you disagree with them and you happen to be white, straight, or male. In fact, if you fall into any of those categories, you actually deserve to be attacked, and it's justified because your very existence is offensive to them. The truth of the matter is that if you're white, straight, or male you're automatically the bad guy. Obviously, if you don't agree with them then you're racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic etc. Even if you're clearly not any of those things, in their eyes you are, because there is no other reason why you could possibly disagree with them. And it's their right to bully, vilify, slander you, hell, ruin your life if they want to, for as long as they so please. Why? Because reasons. Logic doesn't matter anymore, only feelings. More and more people are now afraid to express their views for fear of being labeled "__ist", and rightfully so, they'll practically be burned at the stake for having an opinion that is deemed "offensive" by the PC crowd. Never mind that what is considered offensive is subjective more often than not. The sad part is that these kinds of people who are advocating for Cultural Marxism honestly and truly believe they are making the world a better place. It's been said before, but ffs, George Orwell's 1984 is not meant to be a manual, it is a warning.

(..and will you look at that, another rant. That's all I seem to feel like posting here lately lol.)

Tinni posted: »

video Cultural Marxism at its finest. As exaggerated and dramatic (as well as pretty damn hilarious) as this satire video is, it's also q

• Damnit, you're 150,000 comment on this thread.

-schemes to delete comments to make this post it.-

• Have a great fucking day!

• Tinni plz, your wall of text is killing me!

video Cultural Marxism at its finest. As exaggerated and dramatic (as well as pretty damn hilarious) as this satire video is, it's also q

• I WONT YOU UNGRATEFUL LIL BRAT HOW COULD YOU

Marijaa gtfo

• I just run up the stairs two to three steps at a time it is definitely faster, tho I'm not tall either.

• OMFG THANK YOU FOR THE GIF! I'M GOING TO FUCKING USE IT <3

but it's pretty hot

• Caps lock

I WONT YOU UNGRATEFUL LIL BRAT HOW COULD YOU

• edited November 2015

I didn't mean for it to get that long, man, it just happened, man.

papai46 posted: »

Tinni plz, your wall of text is killing me!

• ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

I didn't mean for it to get that long, man, it just happened, man.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.