Gared Tuttle Back to Ironrath?

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

I was wondering if theres a chance Gared could come back to Ironrath.So if he finds the North Grove then what? hes not meant to "lose it" so.... Isnt there a way for him to kinda sneak past the wall? like in the woods and just keep going back. Do you think Gared is going to return to Ironrath? Also I know i wouldnt do this but what about the execution? Surely A lord must have to execute the desserter who deserted the wall from their house. I dont watch the show, i tried to and it didnt work... but I think Ned stark beheaded this person. Whats your thoughts, with Gared in Episode 5 we barely made progress,but in episode 6, relying on the screenshots, were are just heading even more north. (polar bears ).

• Tell me what You think
  • And as always please try to refrain from any swearing. Thank you
  • IRON FROM ICE

Comments

• I think he won't go back to Ironrath.

Gregor said the North Grove must be protected, not that whatever is there must be brought to Ironrath. I think Gared will stay there and protect it.

• No idea...yet. Don't worry, we're gonna find out in a few days :-)

• Gared would never make it back, especially with having to come back to the Wall. He will stay, he'll like it there.

• It possible Gared would go back to Ironrath but it's probably won't happen because Gared is north of the wall and Ironrath is in the middle of westeros, so it would take months for Gared to return to ironath, oh and did I mention the nights watch wants him dead

• I know it would be action filling if you see some people from the nights watch trying to attack you too

It possible Gared would go back to Ironrath but it's probably won't happen because Gared is north of the wall and Ironrath is in the middle

• Think of Finn, why did they make him determinant to leave behind? Surely he would have come either way. This means Gared will be staying up there.

• It still doent mean anything

IR0NR4TH posted: »

Think of Finn, why did they make him determinant to leave behind? Surely he would have come either way. This means Gared will be staying up there.

• What if its like an Ice dragon? i don't think he'd be able to drag the dragon all the way to Ironrath from the wall, he'd get fried sooner.

• At this point in the show he can only get past the wall by climbing it with the Wildling army that is about to attack the wall.You can only enter the wall on the 3 garrisond castles or the secret tunnel Sam found

• so isnt there anyway to sneak past the wall?

• Ugh. If he goes back to Ironrath he will die, otherwise all of Westeros would come for House Forrester.

• Well if u build a boat u can try to sail around it.But its dangerous.

LordSIF posted: »

so isnt there anyway to sneak past the wall?

• edited November 2015

Everyone acts like crossing the Wall is soooo hard when in reality only 3 of the castles are manned; one to the east, west, and central. Wildlings cross unopposed quite frequently in small groups so I don't see why it's so absurd to think Gared could cross it. Castle Black is literally only one small point on the Wall, the rest is mostly abandoned.

Gared would never make it back, especially with having to come back to the Wall. He will stay, he'll like it there.

• He has no equipment to climb it how would he cross it then?

Everyone acts like crossing the Wall is soooo hard when in reality only 3 of the castles are manned; one to the east, west, and central. Wil

• The only way around the Wall is to climb it, head East of it, or cross the Shivering Sea. All of which are almost impossible North of it.

Gared would never make it back, especially with having to come back to the Wall. He will stay, he'll like it there.

• But like I said he could go East of it or cross the Shivering Sea as the other options. Also Mance isn't captured yet so there is that option

• The other option is get to the dragon glass storage and sail from there.

• Well how well can you build a boat?

so isnt there anyway to sneak past the wall?

• I agree with VengefulKenny, You wouldnt need to go and climb over the wall, Just go further away from the wall but towards Ironrath,therefore they wont see u.

• Lol what about taming the ice dragon? hahaha

What if its like an Ice dragon? i don't think he'd be able to drag the dragon all the way to Ironrath from the wall, he'd get fried sooner.

• The nights watch wouldnt just go back to Ironrath to kill Gared.

Clemenem posted: »

Ugh. If he goes back to Ironrath he will die, otherwise all of Westeros would come for House Forrester.

• But you know how in epiosde 2 he went to the wall, couldnt he just do the same thing but be in the woods facing toward going to Ironrath ?

greensenpai posted: »

Well if u build a boat u can try to sail around it.But its dangerous.

• Wildlings have a ton of experience with climbing the Wall. It's dangerous but doable. Also, Cotter has crossed the Wall at least once. Could always ask him about how to get through.

Valebread posted: »

The only way around the Wall is to climb it, head East of it, or cross the Shivering Sea. All of which are almost impossible North of it.

• Cotter and Sylvi should know how to climb with crude tools like the other wildlings arr known to do. Even if Gared didn't have their help he is still a capable guy. Just avoid the 3 castles that are active and don't fall off during the climb.

• Exactly, everyone acts like the houses of Westeros respect the Night's Watch immensly when in reality, they don't care one bit about them. The Night's Watch won't send men so far just to bring one deserter to justice when Mance is marching on the Wall. Also Gared was framed unjustly, Jon wouldn't agree with sending men after him.

The nights watch wouldnt just go back to Ironrath to kill Gared.

• You're not familiar with this franchise are you? In the show Ned ( then warden of the North) beheaded one low born deserter. Roose Bolton (current Warden) would most likely make time or just have Ramsay skin him alive. So yes they would

• edited November 2015

Jon wouldn't agree with sending men after him.

It doesn't really matter what Jon thinks at this point of the show. He's not Lord Commander yet and doesn't hold very much power. Frostfinger or even Alliser would want Gared's head for breaking his vows

Exactly, everyone acts like the houses of Westeros respect the Night's Watch immensly when in reality, they don't care one bit about them. T

• The deserter come to warn them they did not catched him :).

You're not familiar with this franchise are you? In the show Ned ( then warden of the North) beheaded one low born deserter. Roose Bolton (current Warden) would most likely make time or just have Ramsay skin him alive. So yes they would

• Ned is dead. Roose has better things planned for Ramsay then to hunt some deserter through the North. And If Gared does come back, it doesn't mean the entire realm will come to hunt hunt him. Yes, the laws of Westeros say deserters of the Watch should be executed on sight, but times changed. Westeros, specifically the North is much darker place now and laws are not exactly the deciding factor now. And the Night's Watch doesn't even know Gared is alive. Frostfinger may want Gared's head, but he can't do anything about it.

You're not familiar with this franchise are you? In the show Ned ( then warden of the North) beheaded one low born deserter. Roose Bolton (current Warden) would most likely make time or just have Ramsay skin him alive. So yes they would

• I agree, The Nights watch is just a place for bad people. They only would go to crasters to kill brothers turn traitor,not to ironrath, ironrath is probably a good weak away or even more from the nigths watch.

Ned is dead. Roose has better things planned for Ramsay then to hunt some deserter through the North. And If Gared does come back, it doesn'

• I forgot about that lol

Lol what about taming the ice dragon? hahaha

• If the Forresters want to, they can hide him. Give him new cloth, an alias name and background story and a piece of land far away from the main castle, where people might notice him. Nobody knows his face. They have no printing machines for "wanted: dead or alive" posters and nobody would realy give a shit and start a police inspection. An other and even better option would be to send him to one of the free cities. He could make a sellsword there, just like Asher.

• Possibly but im just saying the nights watch wwouldnt send men all the way over to ironrath to kill one person, the ngihts watch has only got one enemy, the wildilings

If the Forresters want to, they can hide him. Give him new cloth, an alias name and background story and a piece of land far away from the m

Sign in to comment in this discussion.