RATE Episode 6 - The Ice Dragon (SPOILER FREE)

I'm absolutely curious what early players thought of the Finale, so people who've already played the episode do you mind giving it a rating from (1-10) and a few sentence response of what you thought of the episode. (obviously without spoiling anything). Much appreciated.

Comments

• I didn't play it but I watched a playthrough. I give it a solid 7 out of 10. It was a good episode. Much better than episode 5, but not nearly as good as episode 4 or Tales's finale, IMO.

• 8/10.

Almost all my wishes for the finale were fullfilled. Great Episode imo.

• edited November 2015

3/10 Very poor episode and an absolute joke that it took 4 months to produce. They've literally bought themselves in to the concept that Game of Thrones needs to be all about shock events happening.

• Bummer you didn't like it. Sorry to hear that.

lindblom posted: »

3/10 Very poor episode and an absolute joke that it took 4 months to produce. They've literally bought themselves in to the concept that Game of Thrones needs to be all about shock events happening.

• 10/10.Amazing Finale .Way better than tales from boderlands finale in my opinion . Plenty of different outcomes, . And i can't wiat ofr the season 2 .Second best finale for me . The first being TWD s1 .;)

• See if it says that ep 6 of GoT is aired on the 17th of nov. Does that mean that it gets aired at 00:00 uk time on the 17th?

• No, it doesn't work like that.

See if it says that ep 6 of GoT is aired on the 17th of nov. Does that mean that it gets aired at 00:00 uk time on the 17th?

• You have to reconsider the actors of the show is really busy filming and all those stuffs, and TTG made that final with them...

• 3/10 (for now, I'll play it tomorrow with both brothers and make a final decision then) just cause I haven't seen the Asher play through yet but it seems like they're already counting on us to buy the season 2 when it comes, because of the endings for each pov.

• Agreed

• edited November 2015

5/10. Disappointing especially after the long wait. A real shame especially as the game had so much potential.

• 6/10
    Pros:

• Lots of hard choices with multiple (tho not entirely different) endings.

• Heart wrenching moments.

• Asher's sweet new duds :P

• Potential for another season.

Cons:

• Some VERY noticeable audio issues.
    • IMO disappointing "conclusion"
    • lack of screen time for certain characters.
  • 8.5/10.

This episode really delivers and is almost everything its hyped up to be. Only one part undermined it for me but otherwise its great.

• I'm going to add my own personal score which would be an 8.5/10

Telltale showed a lot of love and care in this Finale and despite a few Unresolved situations I very much enjoyed the FInale and can't wait to play it over and over to see all of the different branching.

• 5/10 for the series as a whole.

Pros:

Ethan's story was great - perfectly set up the enemies of the season
    Roderik's Man who was broken/ Man who would not be broken choices
    Asher's whole character arc
    Gared is a badass
    Endings are somewhat different (mostly which characters are with who), but.....

Cons:

.....different endings are mostly only based on episode 6 Choices
    Long as hell wait times between each episode with no explanation why (probably there new Minecraft game)
    Mira's whole story is pointless, as she doesn't actually help anyone during the main story (so much potential for such a great character. Ruined.)
    Game of Thrones book characters implemented poorly EX. Ramsay main character shield, and Marjaery being an uncompromising bitch despite your choices.
    WTF is The North Grove, and why are these bastards (one with necromancy of all things) here protecting it?
    WANNA ACTUALLY GET YOUR REVENGE ON HOUSE WHITEHILL. BE SURE TO PRE-ORDER SEASON 2 TODAY!!!

I'd probably give it an even lower score, but I gave it an extra point (for now) to offset the "butthurt factor." I'll revisit my review score in a day or so, but I'm pretty sure this will be the highest I'll give it.

• 9/10

I really liked it. The choices were really hard for me and the illusion that the choices mattered worked perfectly this time.
    During the episode, I really wasn t sure of who I should trust or not, when I should act by emotions or not etc.. so it is for me a great episode.

I m also quite happy with the development of the characters. I have some favorites, and some I hate but there is not a lot of characters for whom I fell indifferent , so I think that s a plus.

Music was as always good for me and the game kept me in suspense until the end.

Wasn t expecting this ending but I m hyped for season 2 and there is still quite a lot of different endings so I dont really know how they will handle that in the next season (like walking dead s2).

The only part which left me a bit bitter is Mira's where I would have like a chance with the Queen (or Varys, or another powerful potential ally) but I guess they had to make choice to reduce the number of possibilities, to maintain the illusionof choices.

Will try some others choice soon . It will break the illusion of having choices that matters but I can accept it if the illusion works on my first and real playthrough. And I want another save ready with some others choice for season2.

And Asher is a boss .

• I have next to nothing to complain about. I am okay with the ending itself, and the episode was superb! Fucking loved every minute of it, well okay not every minute, but it was well done.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.