A Huge Disappointment

I found episode 6 a huge disappointment. What did TWAU ended with? Cliffhanger. What did TFTB ended with? Cliffhanger. What did GOT ended with? Cliffhanger. Seriously, does telltale love cliffhangers so much? All I ask for is a appropriate ending for a story, and possibly all the forresters reuniting. Is it really so hard? They should rename themsleve to "Clifftale Games".

Also, a determinant character again? Seriously?
What happened to Mira after that? Never explained.
What happened to Gared? Never explained.
What happend to Rodrik or Asher after Royland or Duncan and Talia found him? Never explained.
Who is Tom's boss? Never explained.
Daenerys' mission for Malcom and Malcom's fate? Never explained.
Beskha and Ryon (why would she take him away with her on horse instead of going to ironrath)? Never explained.
Ealena Glenmore (What happened to her, she just never appeared again, with no proper conclusion.)

Also, I thought there will be different endings. But whatever I do, Ironath goes in flames. I am giving it a 7/10

Comments

• The first news we heard of this game was that it was a multi-season, multi-franchise deal. And you're surprised they didn't wrap up every loose end?

Your questions are all of the same colour. They aren't "Never explained." First of all, they just haven't been explained yet. Second of all, each of these are the endings. Mira either dies or is in servitude. Gared stays at the North Grove or heads back south. Morgyryn is perfectly clear as to why he wanted to kill Myra and you can intuit why regardless. Tom's boss? Eh, there are some suspects and part of the fun is guessing. Why does every little detail need to be spoon fed to us? That's not how a good story works. I'm trying to fathom what you expected. "And then Asher, Talia, and Rodrik rallied the north and killed Ludd and everybody lived happily ever after, married and had a bunch of babies. THE END" It just doesn't make sense to me.

I saw a good ending with a big epic battle, lots of different pathways and effects from your choices, and some pretty cool moments overall. It was fun. I had fun.

• Well your not wrong. I loved the series but yea...i didnt like those ending either, but i was expecting it. I played 5 Telltale games and only twd 2 had a end were i can say "Ok!" the rest were full of cliffhangers.

• edited November 2015

A second season was never announced, they DID make a multi-season deal but what if GOT did not sell well? Telltale wouldn't make another one. You cannot just assume. All I was saying is, there was lots of unexplained things, what I mean was a proper explantion of everything, similar to the finale of TWAU (Who was the murderer, the reasons, the mastermind etc). That was what I expected from a story which I can call "Good".

Then again, telltale said there would be different endings. WHERE ARE THEY?

• Ironrath got burned to the ground! What more do you want?

A second season was never announced, they DID make a multi-season deal but what if GOT did not sell well? Telltale wouldn't make another one

• Let me quote myself.

Then again, telltale said there would be different endings. WHERE ARE THEY?

Demarcoa posted: »

Ironrath got burned to the ground! What more do you want?

• edited November 2015

Mira Asher and Rodrick all have different endings

Several different characters live or die

Choice games are not going to get better than this level, they still have to tell a coherent story.

Let me quote myself. Then again, telltale said there would be different endings. WHERE ARE THEY?

• Wait, so Ironwrath gets burned down even if Asher promises to Gwyn nothing will happen and the ambush is called off? That's lame.

Mira Asher and Rodrick all have different endings Several different characters live or die Choice games are not going to get better than this level, they still have to tell a coherent story.

• Plot and story, friend. Plot and story.

Joker93 posted: »

Wait, so Ironwrath gets burned down even if Asher promises to Gwyn nothing will happen and the ambush is called off? That's lame.

• When did they say this?

Let me quote myself. Then again, telltale said there would be different endings. WHERE ARE THEY?

• I know. Still hurts a bit though. That's partly why I had Asher say it's in fates hands. Figured they wouldn't give me much choice. Which sucks because it's like they're forcing me to feel like a person who doesn't stand by his decisions.

So, despite probably being forced to fight anyway, does the poison work and kill that prick?

Demarcoa posted: »

Plot and story, friend. Plot and story.

• I assume you're talking about Ludd? Well you can but you have to trick him, Ludd tells Asher to drink first, Elissa offers to do it instead. So, in order to poison Ludd you need to be willing to sacrifice Elissa as well.

Joker93 posted: »

I know. Still hurts a bit though. That's partly why I had Asher say it's in fates hands. Figured they wouldn't give me much choice. Which su

• At least Talia lives

• You need to be Asher.

AgentZ46 posted: »

When did they say this?

• When did TELLTALE say there would be different endings?

You need to be Asher.

• edited November 2015

What did TFTB ended with? Cliffhanger

I don't see it, all the loose ends were tied up, each character's arc was complete, and the main story arc ended on a high note. The only thing left hanging is where exactly did Rhys and Fiona go and it feels less like a cliffhanger and more of a "off on another adventure" type of ending at least in how I see it.

• North Grove was real middle finger. I mean, bastards - ugly witch, Ranger Smith and his pet, plus few slaves? WTF?!

• ugly witch? :O I really like her... :(

Omid's cat posted: »

North Grove was real middle finger. I mean, bastards - ugly witch, Ranger Smith and his pet, plus few slaves? WTF?!

• You did not emphasise on your sentence, so I assumed you asked how to poison Ludd.

I think I heard PewDiePie or someone else that was playing the game said that telltale said there would be different endings. Since he was a big youtuber, I did not do my homework.

When did TELLTALE say there would be different endings?

• I claim E6 to officially be the worst telltale finale.

• edited November 2015

Well, I belive this Youtuber misinterpreted and is wrong. I recall someone saying there are multiple variations and you'll definitely want to play it more than once but that's it.

You did not emphasise on your sentence, so I assumed you asked how to poison Ludd. I think I heard PewDiePie or someone else that was pla

• I just think it's time telltale should give us an happy ending, which u would never expected in got

• I wouldn't define TWAU ending as a cliffhanger, but a tease instead. The difference being a cliffhanger leaves the main problem still unresolved, while a tease does have the main issue resolved but leaves the door open for a possible new conflict for a new season. But you're right that GoT definitely ended on a cliffhanger.

• edited November 2015

Morgryn wanted to kill Mira because she stole his business deal with Tyrion. That eventually led to Andros pushing Morgryn out of the ironwood business altogether. He explained that to her.

But yes, all in all, it was a disappointment.

• The main problem was never resolved. Yes, the murderer was found, but the victim was still unsure.

magic713 posted: »

I wouldn't define TWAU ending as a cliffhanger, but a tease instead. The difference being a cliffhanger leaves the main problem still unreso

• edited November 2015

Oh I missed that. Thanks! And yeah, 4 months+ of waiting for a one and a half hour episode (For each character) that wasn't even good. If it was like TWAU, I wouldn't mind.

Abeille posted: »

Morgryn wanted to kill Mira because she stole his business deal with Tyrion. That eventually led to Andros pushing Morgryn out of the ironwood business altogether. He explained that to her. But yes, all in all, it was a disappointment.

• Honestly, I find that as good of a reason as Mira's reasons to get Cersei to kill Andros even though she had already disrupted his plan. They are not so different in the end. Of course, Morgryn's actions seem much worse than Mira's because we play as Mira ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don't see a problem with ending with a cliffhanger, as long as the season-long issues are addressed, which they are not. It felt like just another episode, not as a finale, to me.

Oh I missed that. Thanks! And yeah, 4 months+ of waiting for a one and a half hour episode (For each character) that wasn't even good. If it was like TWAU, I wouldn't mind.

• I don't see a problem with ending with a cliffhanger, as long as the season-long issues are addressed, which they are not. It felt like just another episode, not as a finale, to me.

Agreed. But you cannot just end a story with a cliffhanger, every story needs a conclusion, unless they are continuing it, I would have no problem with cliffhangers.

Abeille posted: »

Honestly, I find that as good of a reason as Mira's reasons to get Cersei to kill Andros even though she had already disrupted his plan. The

• I'm pretty sure they are going to do a second season. It is a shame we won't be able to play as Mira anymore. I don't know if I'm buying the second season, since I really liked the King's Landing parts and things are just about to get awesome with Tyrion's escape. Unless they give us another King's Landing POV, I'm not really interested.

I don't see a problem with ending with a cliffhanger, as long as the season-long issues are addressed, which they are not. It felt like just

• I think I heard PewDiePie or someone else that was playing the game said that telltale said there would be different endings

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................thats.....thats where you heard it.............................................okay

You did not emphasise on your sentence, so I assumed you asked how to poison Ludd. I think I heard PewDiePie or someone else that was pla

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited November 2015

Okay, okay. She is... pretty. And has nothing to do with magic.

ugly witch? :O I really like her...

• I liked the episode but the ending is a HUGE dissointment, we say you get different endings, NOPE

Then again it could be a possibilty that these different endings are very well hidden and nobody has found them yet
    Not defening the crap ending we got ,just playing devils advocate

• North Grove was dissapointing to me. It really didn't feel llike the writers knew what it was from the start.

• I know right? HOW THE FUCK CAN THE NORTH GROVE SAVE HOUSE FORRESTER? ITS JUST A FORREST WITH NOTHING THAT THEY CAN USE.

kaza125 posted: »

North Grove was dissapointing to me. It really didn't feel llike the writers knew what it was from the start.

• As for the North Grove, winter is coming. That's all I'm gonna say. His plot made a lot of sense actually, now that I realize that.

It wasn't about saving the Forresters NOW, it's about preserving the house through winter.

Lord Gregor obviously felt that the coming winter was the real threat.

kaza125 posted: »

North Grove was dissapointing to me. It really didn't feel llike the writers knew what it was from the start.

• I think it was pretty clear from the beginning GoT is going to have a S2, so the cliffhanger is actually completely reasonable if it's setting up for a season 2. For the other games I don't see why they did cliffhangers, but why would you judge this episode based on other games endings?

• Huge is such a strong word.

The episode to me wasn't a HUGE disappointment, I thought it was fantastic, but the ending was kinda poor

• Even worse than No Going Back? Because that was truly terrible in my opinion. I can agree though that Tales and TWAU finale were better, and I'm torn about wether this or No Time Left is better (but I'm leaning towards The Ice Dragon)

I claim E6 to officially be the worst telltale finale.

• I just think it's time telltale should give us an happy ending

Tales from the Borderlands ended happily.

Xemnes posted: »

I just think it's time telltale should give us an happy ending, which u would never expected in got

• edited November 2015

[removed]

• And you foolishly admitted this on the Telltale forums because...?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.