What's so great about being a handmaiden anyway?

I don't watch the show or read the books so I don't know.

Comments

• As a handmaiden, your responsibilities are to wait on your lady and to see to her every need. If you're fortunate enough, you'll be placed in the service of a kind mistress such as Margery Tyrell. From there, you become her most trusted and you see what goes through her mind behind her political facade that she maintains while also having a strong politcal ally to protect you. Being a handmaiden, no one thinks much of you, so most of the time, you don't get noticed as often, meaning you get to hear things others may not.

Other than that, a lot of work. Changing the sheets, emptying the chamber pot, brushing her hair, sending invitations, writing letters, dressing, cleaning, etc, etc.

• edited November 2015

Nothing.

The recurring theme of this game is to play a defenseless and weak character.

You get a handmaiden, a 13 year old, a cripple, a squire and one soldier that can actually stand up for himself.

Not sure why this was their focus when there were so many great characters that were strong in GOT, I found it to be extremely annoying. How much more fun would have been to play a character like Jamie Lannister, Daenerys, The Hound or Oberyn, even little Arya stark has all these guys beat as far as being able to stand up for herself.

I took more shit in this game than a manure farmer.

• Think if we got to play as Joffrey before and during his reign as King? Or not Joffrey but a character in his same situation with a different personality, but dealing with similar issues like the war of the five kings or even right before/after the long night.

I don't know why telltale went conservative with this plot line.. I would've loved to play as someone Oberyn-esque too. Telltale shoulda pushed the boundaries with this one like they did tales...

I gotta stop fanboying over tales

Imnuktam posted: »

Nothing. The recurring theme of this game is to play a defenseless and weak character. You get a handmaiden, a 13 year old, a cripple,

• edited November 2015

Boy did I hate Joffrey by the time they killed him off lol. But I know what you are saying all the way. I started out hating the hound but they brought his character around in the end to the point I found myself really liking him. Would have been great to play him or a character like him. At least 1-2 of the 5 characters in a game like this should be something that is more enjoyable to play where NPC's are the ones that need show respect for fear of doing otherwise.

It seemed so thinking inside of a small pre-constructed box to me. Every character felt the same except for Asher as I played it through. All were lowly in position (even Asher who was banished), weak and all in similar positions to be talked down to. Just left me feeling frustrated and annoyed most of the time. When I talk to my buddies that played/own this game they sadly all felt the same way.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Think if we got to play as Joffrey before and during his reign as King? Or not Joffrey but a character in his same situation with a differen

• edited November 2015

Well other than complications of being a canon character, i'm happy with the characters they gave us to play. Games are already full of tough strong characters, playing as a handmaiden playing a political game or a young lord accepting immense responsibility is different and interesting. However, I do agree the submission did get a little old after a few episodes.

Nothing. The recurring theme of this game is to play a defenseless and weak character. You get a handmaiden, a 13 year old, a cripple,

• Why play as a major character that's what's weird to me.

Boy did I hate Joffrey by the time they killed him off lol. But I know what you are saying all the way. I started out hating the hound but t

• Why do you think people likes Starks? Because people likes underdogs, that is why Telltale choose to go with less "powerful" characters. It was still a great game 10/10.

• People liked the starks because they had honor. People liked Ned because of that and because of his STRENGTH. People liked Arya because of her defiance and her strength. People liked Rob and Jon Snow for their honor and their strength.

What family were you watching? Sansa was the only weak character in that family, and as far as GOT fans I personally know she is the most despised in that family.

Why do you think people likes Starks? Because people likes underdogs, that is why Telltale choose to go with less "powerful" characters. It was still a great game 10/10.

• You could easily say Sansa is one of the strongest. Of all the characters you've mentioned, only Arya and Sansa are confirmed alive. She's survived while Ned, Robb and Jon's "honor" and "strength" got them all killed. I personally despise Robb the most. He thought with his crotch and got bit in the ass for it.

People liked the starks because they had honor. People liked Ned because of that and because of his STRENGTH. People liked Arya because of h

• edited November 2015

First you forgot Bran and Rickon. Second I ve meant weak as in term of house. Since the Ned´s demise the whole house was weak. They were in war, they had no other allies except Tullys (who arent the strongest house in seven kingdoms) and they were led by king who was good millitary commander but he was alltogather unprepared for ruling. So yes Starks are definetely undedogs.

People liked the starks because they had honor. People liked Ned because of that and because of his STRENGTH. People liked Arya because of h

• So uh, if you don't lose your position as a handmaiden, does Margaery just let you die anyway?

• yes, she tells you that she needs to stay away from you for a while because of the rumors of Mira killing a Lannister guard

FishySticks posted: »

So uh, if you don't lose your position as a handmaiden, does Margaery just let you die anyway?

• The difference is she promise's to help once she's queen.

FishySticks posted: »

So uh, if you don't lose your position as a handmaiden, does Margaery just let you die anyway?

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited November 2015

It's what girls like, I think. Shopping in designer stores, visiting hairdresser, partying till dawn, talking on the phone...

• also probably the perks of knowing people in high places / protection of Margaery is another reason why Mira and Sera don't want to be ousted from Kings Landing

Omid's cat posted: »

It's what girls like, I think. Shopping in designer stores, visiting hairdresser, partying till dawn, talking on the phone...

• edited November 2015

Sansa folded like a lawn chair from season 1. Saying she is the strongest because she is still alive is a joke. Her only redeeming quality is that she isn't dead.

When I say strong character I am talking about Strength of Character. Take season 1 where the actress admitted herself "people hated my character for being so weak" write her and tell her how wrong she was lol.

Strong characters doesn't mean they have to be physically imposing like the mountain, who in the new eipisodes will be a 6'9 monster weighing 400+ pounds who just beat a 1000 year old record by picking up and carrying 1450 pounds.

Strong character is arya stark standing up to people twice her size because she isn't the type to take it lying down like Sansa literally does, or Tyrion who despite his size speaks his mind. There were dozens of strong characters throughout the series, (most of whom are now dead because of it) this game needed a good dose of them as characters you play imo.

torkahn808 posted: »

You could easily say Sansa is one of the strongest. Of all the characters you've mentioned, only Arya and Sansa are confirmed alive. She's s

• edited November 2015

I couldn't even remember rickons name tbh lol. But I agree now that I see what you mean, their house definitely didn't have the strength of others. It was for their honor and strength of character that I loved the starks though. Only one in that family I hated was Sansa so naturally in GOT world she lived on lol.

Brandon is going to show people something next season though. Don't be surprised when you see him controlling someones dragon ;)

Noticed when looking at a family tree, Rodrik the wandering wolf was one of the starks forefathers, wonder if that's where they pulled the name from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_tree_of_House_Stark

First you forgot Bran and Rickon. Second I ve meant weak as in term of house. Since the Ned´s demise the whole house was weak. They were in

• Not every character gets developed instantly you know. Sansa has been through so much; being sent to King's Landing where she can't trust anyone, being tormented and abused by Joffrey AND Ramsay. Sansa hasn't had a chance to stand up to anyone because if she did, she would die. Strength comes in many different ways. I believe Sansa has been strong and she'll get even stronger. It takes time for someone to change. Yes, some people can change quicker than others but that's not necessarily a good thing all the time. I feel like you need to stop being so close-minded and judgmental, and just wait and see how things turn out.

Sansa folded like a lawn chair from season 1. Saying she is the strongest because she is still alive is a joke. Her only redeeming quality i

• I dont think he will control dragon, but he will definetely show us something very important cough from the past cough

Also at this family tree I noticed that Rickard Ned´s father was married to Lyarra his grandfather´s brother´s daughter. It seems that incest is very common thing at Westeros.

I couldn't even remember rickons name tbh lol. But I agree now that I see what you mean, their house definitely didn't have the strength of

• edited November 2015

Ditto to that Sansa's fanclub who has their mind made up long before reading the post they reply to ;)

Its all a matter of opinion, if you love her lover. I have her in my top 5 of most hated characters from GOT.

Shroomii posted: »

Not every character gets developed instantly you know. Sansa has been through so much; being sent to King's Landing where she can't trust an

• You get to chill with all the biggest celebrities of Westoros.

• I can't remember, but is it a requirement for a handmaiden to be from a noble house?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.