For the people who wanted an actual calculating villan.

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

Well we got Morgyn. He was pretty decent villain compared to the idiot whitehills and psychopath ramsey.

I mean he was clearly not a good guy and screwed mira but he had clear intentions at least which I think an actual person could have. He made sense.

I'm hoping he has a decent role in season 2, with or without mira

Comments

• Morgryn would be a great antagonist! I hope they use him well. I can't imagine what he'd do if he didn't marry Mira because I can't see any other way for him to get a claim on Ironrath.

• Well hes head of the business so he might have to visit anyway

AgentZ46 posted: »

Morgryn would be a great antagonist! I hope they use him well. I can't imagine what he'd do if he didn't marry Mira because I can't see any other way for him to get a claim on Ironrath.

• Whole story started because a whitehill soldier attacked Gared and he defended himself and killed the soldier. That's a very very idiotic reason to start a war.

• What relevance does that have to this thread?

Whole story started because a whitehill soldier attacked Gared and he defended himself and killed the soldier. That's a very very idiotic reason to start a war.

• It wasn't about that, Ludd had been eyeing the Forresters for a long time. Now that the Boltons were in charge, it's finally his chance to get back at them.

The war was pretty much inevitable, he would eventually provoke the Forresters into engaging him anyway.

Whole story started because a whitehill soldier attacked Gared and he defended himself and killed the soldier. That's a very very idiotic reason to start a war.

• edited November 2015

Yes! He is amazing as an antagonist!

And he does make sense! Although, I think he could have thought things through a little more. If he had considered marrying Mira for her name before he decided to reveal his plan, I think his chances of getting what he wanted would be much bigger. I guess not even my Morgryn is perfect.

• Whole story started because a whitehill soldier attacked Gared and he defended himself and killed the soldier.

Yeah thats it, not the fact that the lord and eldest son died and the ironwood supply was given to the whitehills.... also what does that have to do with this?

• 'Your'... Morgryn? :p

Abeille posted: »

Yes! He is amazing as an antagonist! And he does make sense! Although, I think he could have thought things through a little more. If he

• Tobe honest though he 10 times smarter than anyone else in the game, seriously the foresters in particular are so dumb half the time. Also I kind of agree with you I still sort of like him too, mira could do worse

Yes! He is amazing as an antagonist! And he does make sense! Although, I think he could have thought things through a little more. If he

• My dear, beautiful, charming, scheming bastard Lord Rickard Morgryn <3

'Your'... Morgryn?

• Could she do worse? I don't know. Maybe if she married Ramsay.

Speaking frankly here, putting aside my fascination for Morgryn for a second, what really worries me is that he will physically hurt Mira. He did shove her head against the carriage's wall, although he didn't hit her back when she hits him in the cell. Or that he can kill her after she gives him heirs so he can marry someone with a better claim. He did say that he won't keep her "literally" locked up as long as she behaves, so I have hope that Mira can eventually escape him.

Tobe honest though he 10 times smarter than anyone else in the game, seriously the foresters in particular are so dumb half the time. Also I kind of agree with you I still sort of like him too, mira could do worse

• I'm not saying he's good, Just who else from the game would be any better. I mean she's related to most

Could she do worse? I don't know. Maybe if she married Ramsay. Speaking frankly here, putting aside my fascination for Morgryn for a seco

• I'd like to think Mira would be smart and play the submissive girl while bidding her time and plotting in secret, what really worries me is that Morgryn's fully aware that she's a cunning girl.

Could she do worse? I don't know. Maybe if she married Ramsay. Speaking frankly here, putting aside my fascination for Morgryn for a seco

• As a husband? In King's Landing, Lyman or Tarwick would be better. While I didn't ship Mira with anyone, I always liked to play with the idea of Mira stealing Tarwick from Sera.

I'm not saying he's good, Just who else from the game would be any better. I mean she's related to most

• Morgryn is also full of himself, though, so maybe he can be blinded by his ego. I think he made this flaw evident when he decided to just reveal his plan to Mira instead of playing it safe. I like to compare him to Littlefinger, but in such situation, I think Littlefinger would let her die without knowing he was the one behind everything, or he would offer to marry her to save her with a loving expression on his face and only reveal his true intentions after bedding her.

I'd like to think Mira would be smart and play the submissive girl while bidding her time and plotting in secret, what really worries me is that Morgryn's fully aware that she's a cunning girl.

• Yeah it seems like he has quite the ego. He was so sure she would accept, because why would a dumb handmaiden choose to die? I love his expression if you accept death, its almost worth it.

Morgryn is also full of himself, though, so maybe he can be blinded by his ego. I think he made this flaw evident when he decided to just re

• This is a very good point, Morgryn is quite the cocky one. I wonder... let's say Mira did have Morgryn's children, would it be possible to raise them herself and secretely turn them against their father? Or do you think Morgryn would raise them himself or have someone else do it to keep Mira's influence away from them?

Morgryn is also full of himself, though, so maybe he can be blinded by his ego. I think he made this flaw evident when he decided to just re

• I was hoping Morgryn would be LFs twin and be that cunning an conniving. When he revealed his plan I was like... You idiot.

Where's the Varys type character that could save our asses?! Can't have litlefinger without Varys

• Probably keep her influence away. He is egotistical, but he isn't dumb. Also I highly doubt anyone is going to save her ever. Margarey can't just pardon her, it doesn't work like that, and she is of minimal value. She is hardly Sansa Stark. So its life in slavery until your use is up, or die with dignity. It's a hard one, but I think I made the right choice.

This is a very good point, Morgryn is quite the cocky one. I wonder... let's say Mira did have Morgryn's children, would it be possible to r

• Morgryn is cool and all... But idk why Mira suddenly turned into an ironwood merchant after a convo with Tyrion. I thought our whole point was to be allied with Margery for Ironraths sake.

• I think Mira can convince Morgryn that she isn't a threat and then she can raise their children, as long as she lets him think he is much smarter than her. If he doesn't plan to kill her after she has a few heirs, of course.

That would be a really long-term plan, though. Until then, Winter will come and Morgryn and everybody else will have bigger problems to deal with than who their children like the most.

This is a very good point, Morgryn is quite the cocky one. I wonder... let's say Mira did have Morgryn's children, would it be possible to r

• True... Winter is indeed coming to ruin all my political dreams.

I think Mira can convince Morgryn that she isn't a threat and then she can raise their children, as long as she lets him think he is much sm

• I think TellTale really wanted to make the decision hard. Like, if he acted like Littlefinger, it would be just a matter of deciding between Tom or Mira, and I imagine many more people would have chosen Mira. Because he was downright cruel and actually told Mira she would be pretty much his prisoner, that all her family would die and that he would take control of Ironrath, it became much easier to just let Mira die.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

I was hoping Morgryn would be LFs twin and be that cunning an conniving. When he revealed his plan I was like... You idiot. Where's the Varys type character that could save our asses?! Can't have litlefinger without Varys

• Yea, there was literally no reason to gloat over his victory so early. Propose and be her savior, and if she refuses, then be all like "muahaha, I've engineered your destruction and now there's no way out." He picked a path almost guaranteed to make the average Forrester choose death. He's such a chump, I had some respect for him before that.

If he had been calmly evil and coldly stated to choose the marriage bed or die, I could have brought myself to consider it. Practical and ruthless like Tywin could be fun to play next season. But he was preening like a little kid who's pooped on his own for the first time. I was like "ew, no way".

• Exactly. I wouldn't mind playing Mira like Arya was under Tywins watch in season 2... With some additional adult recreational... With sex.

RykaStar posted: »

Yea, there was literally no reason to gloat over his victory so early. Propose and be her savior, and if she refuses, then be all like "muah

• Yeah I guess. But now I'm so glad I still got Sera at Kings Landing and we're still BFFs. If she has any honor she will save my Mira. Her and Tarwick owe me big time and for them to just watch me get taken prisoner without trying to help... ILL BE PISSED!

I think TellTale really wanted to make the decision hard. Like, if he acted like Littlefinger, it would be just a matter of deciding between

Sign in to comment in this discussion.