Who is actualy Tom the coal boy?

so in Myra story line was something that was really frustrating for, the fact that we never learn who Tom really was, he putted he's life in danger for you more than once always helped you when you needed, but the question is why... he never had reason to help you, and when confronted about that, he says that he knows powerful people that want to help you, but who are those people and were are they, when you most needed they help. I was really expecting in the ending some miracle, or at least someone trying to save Myra/Tom from death which didn't happened

Comments

• I have a theory that the woman in the cell across from Mira is Tom's mother.

• I'm pretty sure she said her son was a baby

AgentZ46 posted: »

I have a theory that the woman in the cell across from Mira is Tom's mother.

• edited November 2015

What I don't get is that he is supposedly a boy but has the voice of an adult

• Well she refers to him as 'her baby boy' but I feel most mothers do that when talking about their children even up to like 13 yr''s old.

Mariana238 posted: »

I'm pretty sure she said her son was a baby

• His voice is a bit deep but I think he still sounds young. The oldest he could be is in his teens.

• Because Tom is that mature of a kid.

• and a receding hair line .

• edited November 2015

I'm actually starting to think it was Margaery. I was annoyed when she gave me her "I've always tried to help you and allowed your schemes" speech when I'd literally not asked her for anything. But the only person I can think of spending cash to keep Mira out of trouble is her. Also makes sense why the help suddenly stops when the Lannisters finally get ahold of her, Margaery would never risk it.

Maybe the reason she spent all her time raging at you in public was because she didn't want to be associated with anything in case Mira/Tom did get caught.

• edited November 2015

My gut tells me he's an agent of Varys since the Spider has a network of spies and informants throughout King's Landing. I'm not sure what his specific angle would be, but there's potentially multiple reasons he might want to keep Mira safe.

• I listened out for it when I replayed and she says 'I have a baby boy'

AgentZ46 posted: »

Well she refers to him as 'her baby boy' but I feel most mothers do that when talking about their children even up to like 13 yr''s old.

• Pretty sure he was one of Varys' little birds, I think he said as much in a removed soundfile. But Telltale might have changed that later on.

• I thought Tom can provide an army for Mira to bring back home lol Coz he said he knows powerful people wants to help ! But I'm dissapointed since there's no answer of who Tom's working for and even worse : he dead lol

• edited November 2015

I think Tom was working for Morgryn. When he meets with Mira in her cell before the execution he wants to blame Tom for the murder. But how does he even know about him. They never met and Mira never talked about him. Unless it was Morgryn who sent Tom after all.

It may sound strange to send a killer and also someone to rescue her, but it's actually a brilliant move, that would have created a win-win-situation for Morgryn. Either Mira would be out of the way with no Forrester representative left in KL to conclude the ironwood deal. So the deal would have gone to the Whitehills. Or Tom would rescue Mira earning her trust, and Morgryn would get a secret about her he could use to bring her down (as he did). It's a multi-option-strategy that would have allowed Morgryn the biggest flexibility.

Also Tom shows up at Tyrion's office right after Mira told Morgryn, that the decree was on Tyrions desk. That can't be a coincidence.

I think that (just like Littlefinger) Morgryn created a lot of opportunities for himself, which allowed him, to exploit the most promising.

• But then, after all the things Morgryn threw on her face, why wouldn't he throw that too?

It surely would make it easier for her to sacrifice Tom if he said "Oh, and your friend, the coal boy? Working for me all along. I know everything about you, thanks to him".

I think Tom was working for Morgryn. When he meets with Mira in her cell before the execution he wants to blame Tom for the murder. But how

• edited November 2015

Maybe because making her regret to have sacrificed Tom for the rest of her life seemed more pleasant to him. And she woundn't feel that way, if she knew, Tom was working for him.

Or maybe he was just saving some information for later. To throw it into her face another time.

Also most people decided for Mira to die with dignity. And I guess that's what TTG wanted people to do. If the relation between Morgryn and Tom would have been any more obvious, most people would probably have chosen the other path.

Abeille posted: »

But then, after all the things Morgryn threw on her face, why wouldn't he throw that too? It surely would make it easier for her to sacri

• That's kind of what I was thinking my self.

RykaStar posted: »

I'm actually starting to think it was Margaery. I was annoyed when she gave me her "I've always tried to help you and allowed your schemes"

Sign in to comment in this discussion.