Determinant Characters

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

If we get a season 2, what do you think Telltale will do with all the determinant characters? Do you think Rodrik/Asher will survive?

What do you think they will do with the others, like Mira and Gryff/Ludd?

Comments

• Mira will probably just be an npc who will be with Morgyn in Season 2 if you agreed to marry him.

If Telltale wants to impress Asher/Rodrick wont die for the entire second season.

Gryff and Ludd probably wont have the biggest difference, just that one of them is now Lord.

• Gryff isn't Lord if Ludd dies, Torrhen is. He may be off serving Roose Bolton somewhere, but he is the thirdborn and still has a legitimate claim, unlike Ebbert, who is serving at the Citadel and has therefore given up all claims (of course you can argue that Telltale will axe Torrhen so Gryff becomes Lord/first-in-line)

Poogers555 posted: »

Mira will probably just be an npc who will be with Morgyn in Season 2 if you agreed to marry him. If Telltale wants to impress Asher/Rodr

• I'm pretty sure Gryff/Ludd will be be finished off at the start of Season 2 - in their place Torrhen will probably arrive as the new Whitehill antagonist.

It would be cool if Telltale surprises us by having Asher/Rodrik survive another Season, that would be taking the status of their determinant characters on a much greater scale than ever before - however this would mean extra work. Episode 6 came out 4 months after Episode 5 - would GoT Season 2 really have each of its episodes released after 4 month intervals?

• Maybe Gryff will go power mad and have Torrhen assassinated so he will become Lord, very GoT.

Gryff isn't Lord if Ludd dies, Torrhen is. He may be off serving Roose Bolton somewhere, but he is the thirdborn and still has a legitimate

• Well i think Asher/Rodrik will die of their wounds , And that you would play talia , .It think it's what's gonna happen since ,at the end of the episode , when the show GOT characters are making their monologues , you can see a choice that is saying "You and nana % of people told talia that she might grew to be lord " .But i would actually love to see for once, determinant characters that survive an entire season even if they become minor character afterwards,even if they're not playable anymore .It would be awesome.But i'm praticly sure of atleast one thing , we'd get to play talia next season .

• Hmm...How about this...Have Talia be the POV character while she is with Rodrik/Asher. And then in the final episode of Season 2, Rodrik/Asher becomes the POV character again. Would that work?

Harian96 posted: »

I'm pretty sure Gryff/Ludd will be be finished off at the start of Season 2 - in their place Torrhen will probably arrive as the new Whitehi

• Mira's story Is done if she survived her will would be broken so bad that she'd probably be inseparable from Morgryn almost as though she was dead, a mindless servant which will be so sad to see as it would be like losing her all over again so the only chance she'll be in Season 2 is if Morgryn takes over Ironrath and Mira makes a occasional lifeless appearance then going back to be locked up.

• I think it could actually work since The lord is in pretty bad shape , he could fell unconscious for some days with everithing he took in the guts .

Hmm...How about this...Have Talia be the POV character while she is with Rodrik/Asher. And then in the final episode of Season 2, Rodrik/Asher becomes the POV character again. Would that work?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited November 2015

Gryff and Ludd could still work as an antagonist. There's not much difference as it is: they're both raging douchebags, who now have a very personal vendetta against the remaining Forresters (you killed Ludd's son/Gryff's dad)

Mira could still be a playable character, but she wouldn't have as huge a role. Think some of the characters in Until Dawn. Certain characters surviving leads to a few optional scenes where you continue to play as them, despite these being short and not having as much influence as the other playable characters. Maybe Mira could have her own on-going subplot of her attempting to escape from Morgryn, shown in small 5-10 minute scenes across the second season, which could end good or bad.

Asher/Rodrik could continue surviving, although the chances are that the paths might not be as divergent as they were in episode 6. They'd probably end up more interchangeable in the scenes they show up in, like Doug/Carley in TWD

Royland/Duncan/Gwyn could also work in that same manner, although this one would be even more complex and complicated, since it's a three-pronged choice. However, these characters have the benefit of not being the playable characters, so it's probably a bit easier to fit them into the narrative in comparison to Asher/Rodrik.

The only other notable determinant characters would be Tom and Bloodsong, but I can't really imagine all that much being done with them beyond showing up in a few scenes. Tom's over in King's Landing, and despite playing a major role in Mira's story, there's not much he can continue to do, especially since Mira was his only link to the Forresters period. Bloodsong is the most forgettable of the determinant characters, if we're not counting Bowen and Erik (who can both show up during the Ironrath siege), and I really can't see many things they could do with him going forward.

• Did Bloodsong survive the battle? Or did we just not see him die?

Deltino posted: »

Gryff and Ludd could still work as an antagonist. There's not much difference as it is: they're both raging douchebags, who now have a very

• I'm actually not sure. However, the last time we see him, he was alive, so I'm working off the assumption that he survived the battle.

Did Bloodsong survive the battle? Or did we just not see him die?

• We don't see him die, but we must assume, he looked surrounded. Good to see he had a use in the episode.

I'm actually not sure. However, the last time we see him, he was alive, so I'm working off the assumption that he survived the battle.

• Actually, the last time you see him is just before the archers start firing arrows at you. He seems to run off screen and that's the last you see of him, so I'd say his fate's up in the air.

We don't see him die, but we must assume, he looked surrounded. Good to see he had a use in the episode.

• Oh, I didn't notice that. Maybe, maybe. On a side note, what happens if you choose to save the smallfolk?

Actually, the last time you see him is just before the archers start firing arrows at you. He seems to run off screen and that's the last you see of him, so I'd say his fate's up in the air.

• The Forrester soldiers rescue as many smallfolks as they could and presumably some of them managed to get away.

Oh, I didn't notice that. Maybe, maybe. On a side note, what happens if you choose to save the smallfolk?

• Oh, so some of them live. Because they all got wiped out if you cover the gate.

The Forrester soldiers rescue as many smallfolks as they could and presumably some of them managed to get away.

• Aye, they do. :(

I wonder if we will encounter more Forrester smallfolks in Season 2. I don't believe that those in Ironrath are all that is left of the smallfolks in Forrester land.

Oh, so some of them live. Because they all got wiped out if you cover the gate.

• edited November 2015

I think that if they ever make season 2 they will do it this way.

Hmm...How about this...Have Talia be the POV character while she is with Rodrik/Asher. And then in the final episode of Season 2, Rodrik/Asher becomes the POV character again. Would that work?

• if all episodes are as good as episode 6 i fine waiting 4 months

Harian96 posted: »

I'm pretty sure Gryff/Ludd will be be finished off at the start of Season 2 - in their place Torrhen will probably arrive as the new Whitehi

• Determinant Characters: Mira/Tom, Ludd/Gryff, Elaeana, Bowen, Duncan/Ser Royland.

If Mira lives, I think we might not see her at the beginning of the Season but perhaps play as her trying to escape or perhaps make a plan to kill Morgryn, or she may even go back to Ironrath with him and she might be given the choice to marry the Lord of House Whitehill? Not sure if this can be done, I'm not very experienced with how Game of Thrones houses and marriages work.

If Tom lives, I feel like he'll just talk about Mira if we ever encounter him, we might not see him at all since he's in King's Landing.

If Ludd lives, I assume he'd just be the Lord of House Whitehill, he'll be the main villain of the Season.

If Gryff lives, I think Torrhen will be Lord, Gryff might kill him to become Lord though or perhaps Torrhen will kill Gryff first, either way we'll have a different villain.

If Elaena lives, we might see her again, I think she'll only have a bigger role if Rodrik lives, she might end up finding him, actually not sure if she dies, perhaps if she gets taken away by the Whitehill soldier she just gets imprisoned by them and perhaps will be wed to Gryff by force if he lives.

If Bowen lives, I think he'll just be seen as a prisoner of the Whitehills.

If Duncan lives, I think he'll just try to care for the Lord and Talia, also possibly Gwyn, he might try to convince them of a more diplomatic way to defeat the Whitehills again, if he was the traitor, Talia might disagree with a diplomatic route. He might be okay with Gwyn as well.

If Ser Royland lives, I think he'll also care for the Lord and Talia, also possibly Gwyn, he might try to convince them of a more aggressive way to defeat the Whitehills again, if he was the traitor, Talia might choose a more diplomatic route. He might dislike the presence of Gwyn.

• Elaeana,

People keep saying this but how can she die exactly?

prink34320 posted: »

Determinant Characters: Mira/Tom, Ludd/Gryff, Elaeana, Bowen, Duncan/Ser Royland. If Mira lives, I think we might not see her at the begi

• Well...I don't think she's gonna die .But if you chose to let her stay in ironrath .Her honor might be soiled since those soldier took her at the end .

Elaeana, People keep saying this but how can she die exactly?

• I don't think Asher/Rodrik will survive too long into Season 2. I just don't trust Telltale to make an entire new season with a determinant playable character. We'll probably have them playable in the first episode or so, they'll do some meaningful stuff and then die, passing their POV to Talia.

• I didn't say she definitely dies, I said I'm not sure but if the Whitehill Soldier takes her away, he could've killed her in the background, it's possible.

Elaeana, People keep saying this but how can she die exactly?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.