Sad sad house

Chapter after chapter I am left with the feeling that house Forrester is just pathetic. You first see their keep and its impressive, looks like you could defend the walls with a small force and defeat someone with 10x the numbers. After that though, it has seemed just one disappointment after another. Im sure im forgetting some things so add to the list what I missed.

Though I barred the gate and forced Ramseys soldiers to wait outside, he comes in alone and stabs Ethan in the throat.
20 soldiers then come freely walking in because I guess they decide to never close it again.
Their army consists of one traitor training 3 guys despite the fact they have a monopoly, controlling all the ironwood.
Ramsey tells me to lose my sword, I say no but am to pathetic to stop him from slowly reaching over and just taking it out of my sheath.
Ramsey later holds a knife to his own throat and lets me take it, yet I still can not even kill a man when I have a knife to his throat.
I then take my new "army" of 5 whole people and flee while Rodrik kills 5 people alone (same number I have managed to recruit in my so called army) and then dies.

Why couldn't they have an actual army that just gets defeated by Ramseys larger army?
Why couldn't he refuse to have them wait outside and bring his 20 soldiers through the gate with him?
Why couldn't guards armed with crossbows force me to lose my sword?
I understand Ramsey cant be killed when still alive in the story. Write that scene differently, you would have to be completely inept to have a knife to someones throat and still be unable to injure them.
Why the fuck are 5 people considered "The Army" I put all that effort into getting? Too much graphic effort to put 30 or so in there?

The real question is Why haven't 20 guys just wiped this house out already for the ironwood since they don't have a force to defend it and cant seem to keep their gate closed?

Just feels like a lot of lazy writing. My friends all say the same things and it is sad since the voice acting and many other details of the story are very good.

Comments

• edited November 2015

I completely Agree. I was so sick of it by the end.

• edited November 2015

Yeah I kept waiting for it to get better but it was just more of the same. Even discovering the traitor he just sat and ran his mouth talking down to me right up until I put my sword through him.

Chapter after chapter it seems I was just supposed to overlook simple logic and plot holes because I love GOT in the writers opinion. I still don't even know what happened in many cases.

Wherever did the 20 elite archers I had with Rodrik go? 20 elite archers atop that wall in the final battle could have picked off the guys manning that ram pretty well. After taking them with me so they wouldn't be killed, they just up and vanished before that final battle, unless I missed something. The smallfolk just sitting in the yard dying could have been atop the wall dropping pitch instead of laying on the ground waiting to be stabbed, its not like it was a surprise attack, we knew they were coming.

How is it that a house that controls all the ironwood and is the only one with competent crafters to work it, hasn't taken the time to hire some soldiers to defend it. The whitehills with no ironwood sure seemed to amass an army pretty easily and quickly.

Walker99 posted: »

I completely Agree. I was so sick of it by the end.

• How did Whitehill soldiers get on top of your own walls so fast ?

Imnuktam posted: »

Yeah I kept waiting for it to get better but it was just more of the same. Even discovering the traitor he just sat and ran his mouth talkin

• I liked the final episode but I just don't understand how The Forresters are bankrupt so much that they can't afford food even though Ironwood is described as a "Forest of gold" and another thing if Ironwood is so strong that it can repel steel how can a most likely Ironwood ram take down a thick Ironwood barrier and a portcullis when their craftsmanship is described as shabby and incomparable to Forrester Ironwood. I did enjoy the Ice Dragon it's just the small things that get to me.

Yeah I kept waiting for it to get better but it was just more of the same. Even discovering the traitor he just sat and ran his mouth talkin

• I saw a arch next to the gate so I'm guessing they went that way.

How did Whitehill soldiers get on top of your own walls so fast ?

• That's a good point, I never thought of that gate being made of Ironwood but if you have a forest of it, that is one of the most important pieces in a keep to use it on. Not to mention you have a steel portcullis that drops down in front of that.

I also like shonen wondered why I didn't have a single archer on top of the battlements yet the whitehills did. Seeing an army be able to push a ram right up to the gate without a single arrow being fired was pretty disappointing. A modern longbow can be fired about 200 yards with some accuracy, that's 2 football fields of pushing a ram while being fired at.

NicWarden posted: »

I liked the final episode but I just don't understand how The Forresters are bankrupt so much that they can't afford food even though Ironwo

• In Total War if you destroy the siege engines the siege is over there's no way your getting in unless you bring a spare, some castle dropped hot oil of the battlements onto the rams to burn the pushers and set alight the rams. I mean Royland must have known that.

That's a good point, I never thought of that gate being made of Ironwood but if you have a forest of it, that is one of the most important p

Sign in to comment in this discussion.