What is the Cruelest Choice You've Made? (Spoilers)

Over the course of 6 episodes we have to make some very difficult or unpleasant decisions. But it not necessarily the hardest but the most amoral decisions you've made that I find interesting. Was it sacrificing Tom despite how he was Mira's only true ally? Was it cutting out Cotter's beating heart? Was it letting your mother poison herself? Or betraying Sera as she tearfully pleaded with you to tell Margaery to the truth?

Comments

• I would probably say ripping out Cotter's heart. I hated myself, but it had to be done, and I know Sylvi's pissed at me, but if this can help the Forresters in anyway, then so be it.

• I let Tom die. I felt real bad about it but he was the one who killed Damien in my playthrough, and also I get to see Morgdick's face when he finds out the forresters have been reduced to rubble (Someone spoiled it for me beforehand)

• Let Beshka murder her master. Beshka really needed her revenge done and I gave her the right to make it.

• Ummmm he wants the Forresters to be reduced to rubble. Now he gets to take the Forrester name making himself a noble and he can easily out wit Ludd/Gryff for Ironwrath.

Miny77 posted: »

I let Tom die. I felt real bad about it but he was the one who killed Damien in my playthrough, and also I get to see Morgdick's face when he finds out the forresters have been reduced to rubble (Someone spoiled it for me beforehand)

• Letting Elaena stay at Ironrath. It killed me watching her being dragged off by a Whitehill soldier.

• Oh yeah, that moment was awful. They'll probably marry her off to Gryff too, if you didn't kill him.

Barthanax posted: »

Letting Elaena stay at Ironrath. It killed me watching her being dragged off by a Whitehill soldier.

• edited November 2015

Miny that's a weird thing to say.

Miny77 posted: »

I let Tom die. I felt real bad about it but he was the one who killed Damien in my playthrough, and also I get to see Morgdick's face when he finds out the forresters have been reduced to rubble (Someone spoiled it for me beforehand)

• The cruelest choice was letting my mother drink that poison. I was so driven to kill Ludd, I didn't think twice about it until she started choking. Then it started to hurt...

• He wanted Ironwrath hall as his base but didn't the army sort of charge in and burn it?

unseenclass posted: »

Ummmm he wants the Forresters to be reduced to rubble. Now he gets to take the Forrester name making himself a noble and he can easily out wit Ludd/Gryff for Ironwrath.

• Sacrificing your own mother for the sake of revenge (and possibly for your House to triumph over the Whitehills), that's cold...

The cruelest choice was letting my mother drink that poison. I was so driven to kill Ludd, I didn't think twice about it until she started choking. Then it started to hurt...

• Honestly, letting the peasants get slaughtered.. at the time I still thought we could somehow manage to actually win the battle. But I was so wrong lmao.

• It was her choice. She hated Ludd that much.

The cruelest choice? Having Mira and Morgryn marry. The man has no idea what kind of a viper he has made an enemy of by being a douchebag in his victory and just how thoroughly a person you share a bed with can make you suffer before your death. After a suitable heir to the Forrester legacy is born of course so Mira can assume reagency on his sons behalf ;)

In all seriousness, sacrificing Tom gave me a twinge....But Mira still has a hand to play.

Harian96 posted: »

Sacrificing your own mother for the sake of revenge (and possibly for your House to triumph over the Whitehills), that's cold...

• I thought that if I did all the choices "For victory" we would win, but I was wrong.
    So I let Mira die, lie to Margaery, let the peasants die and cut off Ludd's head to obtain victory. But I could not rip the heart of Cotter.

• Agreeing to marry Morgryn. I know that Mira made it out alive but she lost her freedom, her power, everything. And with what cost? Putting Tom right to his death, even though he helped Mira many times... I should've never agreed to marry Morgryn...

• The cruelest choice I have ever made is either betraying Sera or cutting open Cotter's chest and take his heart. My deep desire to help the Forresters are the reason why I did it.

• edited November 2015

I think the cruelest thing in the game is in ep6 when Rodrik is alive and you go after Gyff. Personally, I thought it was pretty screwed up when Gryff is crying and pleading for his life, and Rodrik just decapitates him.. Pretty slowly at first. Even though he got Asher killed, if you think about it, he was just all big talk most of the time. We got to know even more about him in episode 4 I think, including that since he was a 4th born he was looked dowm upon very highly by everyone else. I think Ludd really valued Gryff though as a son. Pretty much my whole point is that Gyrff was probably just a big talker and had a pretty shit life in general, and technically he's not even responsible for Asher's death, Harys was more than anything. Its weird that I'm defending our enemy, but I still think its really messed up when he's saying please to not kill him, and we are so bent on our revenge we just murder him then and there. Even if he was involved in Asher's death, and what they did to him..It just didn't sit well with me watching it. In my Asher play through it was fine killing him though, he had a lot more dignity then.

• I kind feel bad, but then I remember he cut up Asher's corpse and fed it to the dogs, and wanted to screw my wife.

AGentlman posted: »

I think the cruelest thing in the game is in ep6 when Rodrik is alive and you go after Gyff. Personally, I thought it was pretty screwed up

• I sacrificed Cotter, but it felt like he would have wanted me to do it. My worst choice was letting Tom get killed instead of Mira.

• "Was it sacrificing Tom despite how he was Mira's only true ally? Was it cutting out Cotter's beating heart? Was it letting your mother poison herself? Or betraying Sera as she tearfully pleaded with you to tell Margaery to the truth?" I feel bad now, I made all of these choices in my first play through lol.

• It was a cold choice on my part. But like a wise man once said: "Revenge is never a straight line. It's a forest, And like a forest it's easy to lose your way... To get lost."

Harian96 posted: »

Sacrificing your own mother for the sake of revenge (and possibly for your House to triumph over the Whitehills), that's cold...

• God, I saw the sacrifice Cotter choice, dear lord was that difficult to watch. Man am I glad I let him peacefully drift off to sleep forever.

ewantu2 posted: »

"Was it sacrificing Tom despite how he was Mira's only true ally? Was it cutting out Cotter's beating heart? Was it letting your mother pois

• Lying about Sera, but she sold me out so I don't feel too bad. I kind of feel bad for burning her entire false identity, but she was kind of an asshole about it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.