Now wait a damn minute!!

edited November 2015 in Game Of Thrones

If Asher was saved, he has been given the sword of House Forrester by Royland/Duncan which I gives me a good question. Where did he take that sword? Didn't Rodrik have it when he sacrificed himself at the docks?

Comments

• ha good point. I think he did.

• I clearly reacted that moment when I was watching Asher's story in the finale.

unseenclass posted: »

ha good point. I think he did.

• Rodrik didn't have the Forrester greatsword. You can tell by the different hilt on the sword in episode 5.

• I like to think this way. If Rodrik survived, then the sword he has, it is the Forrester Greatsword. If Rodrik dies, then it was just a simple Greatsword, he never took his father's sword with him to the harbor.

That or they have more Greatswords for lords. Which makes it strange when Gregor told Gared to guard it with his life back in episode 1.

• Then why didn't Rodrik have it?

Rodrik didn't have the Forrester greatsword. You can tell by the different hilt on the sword in episode 5.

• Didn't want to risk losing it?

AronDracula posted: »

Then why didn't Rodrik have it?

• That or they have more Greatswords for lords. Which makes it strange when Gregor told Gared to guard it with his life back in episode 1.

"Now listen to me boy! Guard this sword with your life! Because you can be sure as hell that this baby didn't come cheap! Had to fire like a hundred combat capable knights to get the money to forge a few of those! Probably also the reason we don't have enough soldiers to actually do anything, but hey! Sometimes we must make sacrifices! So remember! Guard. It. With. Your. Life. Also the North Grove must never be lost. Now go!" - Lord Gregor's actual final words to Gared. :P

I like to think this way. If Rodrik survived, then the sword he has, it is the Forrester Greatsword. If Rodrik dies, then it was just a simp

• Rodrik didn't have the Forrester sword in EP5, it didn't have the Forrester sygil.

• A wizard did it.

• Yeah I thought that was probably why they were vague if it was the family sword in episode 5. Its a retroactive thing, it's not the best solution, but it works I suppose.

I like to think this way. If Rodrik survived, then the sword he has, it is the Forrester Greatsword. If Rodrik dies, then it was just a simp

• enter image description here

lily_wolf84 posted: »

A wizard did it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.